Login

russian armor

penal PTRS and engie flamethrower not firing from m3 bug

21 Sep 2018, 23:19 PM

anyone had this bug aswell?

i just lost a game thanks to a penal squad that refused to fire at a flame halftrack at the perfect moment
21 Sep 2018, 23:22 PM

You do realize that without a replay no one can do anything?
22 Sep 2018, 07:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2018, 23:19 PMgbem
anyone had this bug aswell?

i just lost a game thanks to a penal squad that refused to fire at a flame halftrack at the perfect moment

M3 have a number of slot where entities can fire from. Its similar to the number of windows in house. Thus some of the entities will not fire.

This is not a bug.
22 Sep 2018, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 07:18 AMVipper

M3 have a number of slot where entities can fire from. Its similar to the number of windows in house. Thus some of the entities will not fire.

This is not a bug.

shouldnt the flamethrower/ptrs be a priority?

the definition of a bug "an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result"

since the flamer/ptrs firing from an m3 or a house is intended by the developers (else it would be removed) wouldnt that mean that it not firing is unintentional?

the flamethrower/ptrs not firing from the m3 is really fatal flaw/failure that can result into a loss... should prolly be fixed
22 Sep 2018, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 08:04 AMgbem

shouldnt the flamethrower/ptrs be a priority?

the definition of a bug "an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result"

since the flamer/ptrs firing from an m3 or a house is intended by the developers (else it would be removed) wouldnt that mean that it not firing is unintentional?

the flamethrower/ptrs not firing from the m3 is really fatal flaw/failure that can result into a loss... should prolly be fixed

That probably happened because you had 2 squads in the HT. Load 1 and it will probably be fine.

I guess it also a way to reduce the "drive by" shooting effect since having 4 or 6 lmgs(UKF),2 flamers,... out of HT can be allot more trouble than the current "bug".
22 Sep 2018, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 08:28 AMVipper

That probably happened because you had 2 squads in the HT. Load 1 and it will probably be fine.

I guess it also a way to reduce the "drive by" shooting effect since having 4 or 6 lmgs(UKF),2 flamers,... out of HT can be allot more trouble than the current "bug".

He specifically mentions soviet M3.
2 squads can not go into it.
22 Sep 2018, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 08:32 AMKatitof

He specifically mentions soviet M3.
2 squads can not go into it.

I have never seen a flamer not firing from an M3 if in range, I have seen one not firing from an M5 when 2 squad are loaded.

As for PTRS I am not 100% certain but at least one of them seems to always fire from an M3.

Priority can also be tricky especially if the squad has lots of weapon like Lmg and AT weapons.

I am not sure if OP is not confused or actually got a bug. Finally I am simply explaining the mechanisms of the game.
22 Sep 2018, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 08:38 AMVipper

I have never seen a flamer not firing from an M3 if in range, I have seen one not firing from an M5 when 2 squad are loaded.

As for PTRS I am not 100% certain but at least one of them seems to always fire from an M3.

Priority can also be tricky especially if the squad has lots of weapon like Lmg and AT weapons.

I am not sure if OP is not confused or actually got a bug. Finally I am simply explaining the mechanisms of the game.

well i could show u the next time it pops up... i disabled replays to save computer space... ill reenable it next time... anyways what happens is the squad in the m3 decides to not fire its flamethrower for some time until i evict it and mount it again...

it also seems to happen at random and without warning...
22 Sep 2018, 08:52 AM

If there are more models in the car than can be displayed the game will switch them out on the fly to give what it thinks is most important.
22 Sep 2018, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2018, 08:38 AMVipper

And that's why I've said no one can help him without a replay as what he describes is not really possible, special weapons always have priority in open topped transports.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★