Login

russian armor

Baiting your enemy into Su85s?

19 Sep 2013, 13:22 PM

Any Tipps?

Edit: I want to bait my enemy into BUILDING Su85s / going T4 instead of T3 as Ostheerplayer.
19 Sep 2013, 13:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Hide your SU-85 behind your front lines and behind an LoS blocker, like a house or a hedgerow, so that it won't reveal its position. If you have Guards put them behind an LoS blocker also so that they can pop out and button once the enemy gets close. Put the guard closer to the enemy, so that it's between the SU-85 and the enemy.

Have a unit run back towards your ambush position once you've got an enemy following. If you can get the vehicle to go over a mine, even better. Then have your Guards jump out and button, roll up your SU-85, and blast away. If the vehicle pops smoke, select the SU-85 and use Attack Ground on the other side of the smoke.

EDIT: also, be very conservative about revealing that you even have tier 4 built. Don't let your SU-85 do something stupid like shoot at infantry. If your opponent suspects that you have an SU-85 he will probably be much more careful about running into ambushes.
Also, I forgot to mention AT nades. Mines, AT nades, button, anything to keep the vehicle from escaping the ambush zone.
19 Sep 2013, 14:06 PM

Oh... hmm. No sorry, I want to bait my enemy into building Su85s/going T4 :D

Sorry, should've expressed myself better. I'll edit it.
19 Sep 2013, 14:44 PM

well you can try magic or mind control. i hardly go for su unless my opponent is really good with tanks. making me think i need a highly mobile ziz gun. aka su.
19 Sep 2013, 17:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Oh. Haha, now that is a very good question!
19 Sep 2013, 22:17 PM

Maybe try an extended T1. Most opponents will then suspect T3 and will build an su-85 to counter it. T1-T4 seems risky though, make sure to build some anti-tank mines. In addition you could be using 3x p4-bulletins, to trick him. However you will loose your early game advanteage if not using infantry-bulletins (bulletins suck btw). Maybe try 6 T1 units and then healing to t4. Festung Armor would give you a p4 if you reach 4 cps fast enough before losing and the pak 43 can hold his tanks off till your panther arrives. Or put an opel blitz truck on a fuel instead after your healing and before teching. I dont know if this is worth all the effort just to trick your opponent into t4 , but this is how i would approach it, if I really wanted to.
7 Oct 2013, 13:24 PM

if you want to bait your opponent into building SU-85's just play Germans, he will def die if he doesn't :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 22
Germany 850
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak