Login

russian armor

buildings

18 Sep 2013, 16:06 PM

my main problem with them is at the start of the game where they allow great protection to mg's and deny resources. which makes you lose the tech race, which makes you lose the game

no mg's in buildings like halftracks or seriously reconsider the placement, strenght and protection buildings offer.

i want to play an rts, not a race to the lamest campspot

- they shouldn't be more durable than a german bunker
- should be more consistent, in some buildings the troops are pretty safe, even from grenades.

i use the tactic aswell mind you, but it feels cheesy

a prime example is city 17
Only Relic postRelic 19 Sep 2013, 16:49 PM
Developer Relic Badge

We are currently looking into the functionality of buildings. It's a fairly complex system unfortunately so a quality solution does take time.
19 Sep 2013, 17:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's a fairly complex system

Would it be possible to explain how the building cover system works?
19 Sep 2013, 17:37 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

- Dead angles in some houses.
- Units delayed when going out.
19 Sep 2013, 18:32 PM

Sometimes Buildings fall down after one Rifle Nade, that has to be fixed too !
19 Sep 2013, 18:51 PM

The main problem with buildings is that they crit so randomly. Losing a full squad inside a building that's at near full health is just way too random.
19 Sep 2013, 18:55 PM

It looks like to me that buildings supply a 360 degree green cover status to units. I could see how how changing building cover "status" from green cover to something else would be a drastic change.

As for crits..do not want. Just weapon modifiers vs building would be fine. Extra damage from tanks, ATGs, and flames.
19 Sep 2013, 21:28 PM

soviets have molotovs and a good soviet will keep germans out of buildings in t1 and rush cutoffs. bad t1 gameplay
20 Sep 2013, 03:42 AM

soviets have molotovs and a good soviet will keep germans out of buildings in t1 and rush cutoffs. bad t1 gameplay

Replay of you putting a molotov in a building on city 17, and the MG actually not surviving.
20 Sep 2013, 08:49 AM

Use mortars or ZiS on City 17. Collapse the buildings.
20 Sep 2013, 11:32 AM

the point is not how do you deal with buildings(i prefer the AT gun accuracy above mortar)

buildings have 2 variables

1/ size

in small buildings, troops are close together
=> vulnerable to grenades
in big buildings, troops are spread out
=> your grenade is no threat or you need luck to have a molotov land on the mg spot
(you know how the gunner gets replaced when he dies and the new guy goes sitting in the flames?) but as far as i know you don't have much power over where the molotov lands in a building

2/ strenght or hp

well some buildings just last too long compared to the duration of a game

now big and strong buildings near strategic important points give an undeserved advantage to the one that got in first (german mg42)

you can try all you want, but chances are big they're safe inside for the first 10 minutes of the game
20 Sep 2013, 12:00 PM

I have this feeling that you're still talking about City 17 and Victory/ Fuel point next to north spam point.
You have to focus on other parts of the map and gain advantage this way. Shift to this point later, when you will have some decent firepower.
21 Sep 2013, 06:24 AM

snipers killing units in buildings would solve that problem.

It is bit of a problem in larger games 3v3's and 4v4's, locking up fuel in first 10 min is huge advantage...
21 Sep 2013, 08:08 AM

Only problem with snipers being 100% effective against units in buildings is that there is only a slow defensive response to it. It turns buildings into death traps instead of protective structures.

I'm not sure what could be done, but snipers might not be the answer, especially with the strengths of the Soviet sniper.
21 Sep 2013, 08:18 AM

Permanently Banned
A Sniper will still one-shot every time it hits a model in a building.

The hit chance may be reduced, but its still always fatal.

Imo Snipers are fine vs buildings.

Adjustment should prioritise
-Removing random building collapse crits.
-Perhaps reducing building cover when firing from < close range
(to indirectly emulate "assaulting" the building).
So that a unit firing INTO a building at <10 gets say 20% modifier, whereas unit firing OUT of a building at <10 still gets 0% modifier.
21 Sep 2013, 12:14 PM

I agree that snipers are fine against buildings. It was just too easy before accuracy nerf. Deathtraps as said above.
21 Sep 2013, 14:36 PM

Replay of you putting a molotov in a building on city 17, and the MG actually not surviving.

lets balance off of 4v4s
21 Sep 2013, 15:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

lets balance off of 4v4s

It happens in other buildings as well, like with the church in Kholodny and Semois.
22 Sep 2013, 00:02 AM

I'm pretty sure the idea that a Molotov does not kill squads fully in large buildings is a design choice.

Soviets have a big enough advantage over Ostheer for garrisoning and clearing buildings early game, it doesn't need to be bigger.
22 Sep 2013, 02:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2013, 08:08 AMTurtle
Only problem with snipers being 100% effective against units in buildings is that there is only a slow defensive response to it. It turns buildings into death traps instead of protective structures.

I'm not sure what could be done, but snipers might not be the answer, especially with the strengths of the Soviet sniper.

Ohh, my bad. I didn't realize that once you are in the building, you cannot exit anymore :huh:

Joke. I know what you mean. Personally I just dislike current design. Playing German atm, I just need to put Mg42 in the building to give me 10 min, free reign. Don't even need to pay attention what is happening with Mg42. If I want to extend the reign for bit further, gren squad and mortar supporting mg42 will usually give me another 5 min. (counter clown car and Russian mortar team. (I haven't actually timed, just example)

Its just a bit boring. If I play German or Soviet there are no variations, I know what will happen on the loading screen, who will build what and when... (3v3's and 4v4's)

atm 1v1 is the only mode that you can sort of say it can be fun.
But meeeeh, VCOH you had to be prepared for all kinds of tactics, counters, different units catching you unprepared and you had to constantly out-think and out-smart your opponent.
You don't pay attention for 2 min whats happening around your Mg in the building, and it is gone............
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★