Login

russian armor

Singleplayer mission scripts working

20 Apr 2019, 09:16 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 21:56 PMjcbarth
If I view the .sga file in the archive viewer, I can see that my objectives scar file is not included for some reason. I imagine due to "export packages" in world builder overwriting it. Without the objectives scar file in my .sga, I am unable to import it with my main scar file. Not 100% sure how to add my missing scar files to the .sga for the main scar file to import.

You can open .sga files with for example notepad or notepad++ and there at the top of the main SCAR file you import the other SCAR files (example: import("City_Centre_2_obj_FirstObjective.scar")).

I've seen that you can create a scenario pack in Mod Builder and manually add in the files, however, I am running into errors doing it that way as well.

I see the following error with my mod in the warnings file:

Code
MOD -- Error loading mod pack 'C:\Users\Jace\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\CityCentre.sga': invalid file structure.

The problem is exactly what the error says. I would have to see how do you have your files structured to be able to help you.

Also, when I try to build my mod I get the following error:

Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\Archive.exe failed with exit code 2.
Error copying C:\Users\Jace\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\City_Centre_2.sga: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Jace\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2\mods\scenarios\City_Centre_2.sga' because it is being used by another process.

"because it is being used by another process" this means your CoH2 was running while you tried to build the mod.
20 Apr 2019, 17:27 PM

Figured it out! Thanks to you and Janne252.

For others, try creating a scenario pack in Mod Builder instead of using export package in World Builder.

The file path can be found here:

http://modding.companyofheroes.com/scenario-pack

Doing so will allow you to manually add in new SCAR files to be able to import into your main SCAR file.
20 Apr 2019, 17:40 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 17:27 PMjcbarth
Figured it out! Thanks to you and Janne252.

Glad to help!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 400

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak