Login

russian armor

[1v1] advices wanted about okw

2 Sep 2018, 06:35 AM

Hi guys.:new:

Is there anyone can give me some advices about how to playing okw?
As an okw player,I don't know how to react when opponent build something like bunker or truck. You can see it from the replay.
I'm the OKW player in this game. In the beginning, the opponent bulid a truck but my volks cannot do any damage to it. I just lost my mind because I think the truck will follow my soldiers wherever I set them. Another thing made me headache is the bunker near the mid VP and I don't clearly know how to react to it.:facepalm:
I think the truck is too powerful that it can even destroy my puma!:(
Finally I got this match thanks to the opponent's not-good-enough control about his Sherman. Otherwise it will be impossible.:D
Thanks.
3 Sep 2018, 07:28 AM

Seems like you're already being introduced to some of the real salt of the earth players in the community
>:( :sibToxic:

Good to see that this hasn't put you of the game though :thumbsup:

I'm going on a work seminar for the next couple of days, but I'll see if I can send you a review when I get home :D
3 Sep 2018, 11:06 AM

Seems like you're already being introduced to some of the real salt of the earth players in the community
>:( :sibToxic:

Good to see that this hasn't put you of the game though :thumbsup:

I'm going on a work seminar for the next couple of days, but I'll see if I can send you a review when I get home :D

I really appreciate it!:)

Thank you
3 Sep 2018, 16:17 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'd feel down for a review atm, but josh said he'd take this one :(
4 Sep 2018, 00:41 AM

hi ShadowLinkX37:)
Hmm...I dont think reviewing to the same replay will violate the community regulation, will it? If you have time and are interested in this replay, I will also welcome your review (because you ALL play more pvp games than me:D)
forum is used to discuss together and exchange opinions, isn't it?
(looking forward to your review;))
4 Sep 2018, 12:13 PM

It's all yours mate :)

And as DUTY mentioned, we might be able to bring some different perspectives if we both watch it.

The most important thing for me is that people can still come here to get help and feedback, not necessarily that I'm doing it :D
4 Sep 2018, 20:59 PM

Allright I'm going to give a quick review and perhaps Shadowlink will add further details.

- You start out with a slight 10-15 second delay in the game befor you started to make moves. While this is of course minor, the early game still has a disproportionately large impact on the rest of the early game, so make sure you're ready the second the game starts.

- you start by some very defensive capping with the kubel. While some players favor this, I would generally take a more agressive approach with this, especially on minsk pocket and against USF, who outside a quick jeep from mechanized, lack any serious counters to this. In this particular game it probably worked out though, as your opponent actually went for the jeep.

- when the USF goes for this, it is usually best to give ground until you get a counter through raketen or panzerfaust. In this case you fed him loads of xp, while taking nothing away from him as he could just repair.

- your second SWS truck was out waay too soon! You don't really want the second one before you have capitalized on the first one, and in most cases you want to go either battlegroup or mechanized before schwere not both! instead of spending all those additional early manpower, you could have pushed out an additional mg to control the opponents infantry or a raketen to take out his wc51 and the light vehicle you could predict from seeing his lt.

- your first at gun comes out around the 10 minute mark which is much too late when the opponent has gone or the wc51. he has already gotten so many kills and vet on his riflemen at this point, and rifles become absolute monsters at higher veterancy.

- you are moving around a lot of very wounded squads. this means much faster manpower drain and poor staying power in engagements. Manpower is pretty much the most important ressource at any stage in the game, so you should accept giving ground in order to heal up your units. Especially when you are moving them around in groups anyway, which means that the capping is going slow. you should not use more than one unit on capping a point ;)

- 13 mins nice attack with the puma! That AA gun was turning into a true nightmare, so the puma was a decent investment. Having said that a lucs might have been even better vs leutenant, as it generally outperforms all the vehicles in that tech line, while also being much better at killing infantry. furthermore you don't have to worry about an AT-gun when the opponent has revealed his commander and gone for lt.

- Also good job placing mines and getting a sweeper. Much more experienced players than you often get greedy and don't get a sweeper. This will almost always turn out to be a terrible mistake.

- at 19 minutes you start building the schwere command, after having picked the spec ops commander. This commander is generally picked for the purpose of delaying the schwere and getting the command panther. having just spent 125 fuel on the schwere this is not happening anytime soon, so you would have been much better of either 1. Not having gotten the schwere and pushed out a cmd panther when you hit 12 commandpoints or 2. only having gotten one of the former tiers and gotten the schwere and an early pz4. At this time your opponent has the sherman 76, so you are not in a good tactical position.

- While it's great that you got the sweepers, remember that the sturmpios are the only engineer unit that can "holster" the sweeper, thus retaining full firing potential. This is hugely important to utilize whenever they are in a firefight as otherwise they are down with a quarter of their DPS.

- you also make good use of flares. This is very important for intel and another thing that is often overlooked.

So let's wrap this up with some pros and cons reflections on your performans:

+ you made good use of mines and utility items.
+ you made good use of flares and positioning of at guns.
+ you seemed to keep it cool even when you were on the backfoot.

- you occationally picked some pretty bad engagements, which meant that you bled a lot of manpower.
- your build order did't respond accordingly with what you were facing.
- you teched too much and too fast, which set you back quite a bit in terms of fielding tanks.
- your choice of commander didn't respond well with your choice of actions.
- with time you will probably be better at microing your units, which you moved around quite condensed which makes them very vulnerable to explosions and pinning.

I hope this was somewhat helpfull and would also like to finish of with some shameless self promotion in the shape of the beginners guide that I authored (with help from other great community members). If you haven't read this already, then there is probably some stuff in there you can use :D

https://www.coh2.org/guides/70864/from-recruit-to-veteran

-

-
4 Sep 2018, 23:34 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Looks good to me, but I'll let DUTY decide if he wants more.
5 Sep 2018, 03:47 AM

Allright I'm going to give a quick review and perhaps Shadowlink will add further details.

- You start out with a slight 10-15 second delay in the game befor you started to make moves. While this is of course minor, the early game still has a disproportionately large impact on the rest of the early game, so make sure you're ready the second the game starts.

- you start by some very defensive capping with the kubel. While some players favor this, I would generally take a more agressive approach with this, especially on minsk pocket and against USF, who outside a quick jeep from mechanized, lack any serious counters to this. In this particular game it probably worked out though, as your opponent actually went for the jeep.

- when the USF goes for this, it is usually best to give ground until you get a counter through raketen or panzerfaust. In this case you fed him loads of xp, while taking nothing away from him as he could just repair.

- your second SWS truck was out waay too soon! You don't really want the second one before you have capitalized on the first one, and in most cases you want to go either battlegroup or mechanized before schwere not both! instead of spending all those additional early manpower, you could have pushed out an additional mg to control the opponents infantry or a raketen to take out his wc51 and the light vehicle you could predict from seeing his lt.

- your first at gun comes out around the 10 minute mark which is much too late when the opponent has gone or the wc51. he has already gotten so many kills and vet on his riflemen at this point, and rifles become absolute monsters at higher veterancy.

- you are moving around a lot of very wounded squads. this means much faster manpower drain and poor staying power in engagements. Manpower is pretty much the most important ressource at any stage in the game, so you should accept giving ground in order to heal up your units. Especially when you are moving them around in groups anyway, which means that the capping is going slow. you should not use more than one unit on capping a point ;)

- 13 mins nice attack with the puma! That AA gun was turning into a true nightmare, so the puma was a decent investment. Having said that a lucs might have been even better vs leutenant, as it generally outperforms all the vehicles in that tech line, while also being much better at killing infantry. furthermore you don't have to worry about an AT-gun when the opponent has revealed his commander and gone for lt.

- Also good job placing mines and getting a sweeper. Much more experienced players than you often get greedy and don't get a sweeper. This will almost always turn out to be a terrible mistake.

- at 19 minutes you start building the schwere command, after having picked the spec ops commander. This commander is generally picked for the purpose of delaying the schwere and getting the command panther. having just spent 125 fuel on the schwere this is not happening anytime soon, so you would have been much better of either 1. Not having gotten the schwere and pushed out a cmd panther when you hit 12 commandpoints or 2. only having gotten one of the former tiers and gotten the schwere and an early pz4. At this time your opponent has the sherman 76, so you are not in a good tactical position.

- While it's great that you got the sweepers, remember that the sturmpios are the only engineer unit that can "holster" the sweeper, thus retaining full firing potential. This is hugely important to utilize whenever they are in a firefight as otherwise they are down with a quarter of their DPS.

- you also make good use of flares. This is very important for intel and another thing that is often overlooked.

So let's wrap this up with some pros and cons reflections on your performans:

+ you made good use of mines and utility items.
+ you made good use of flares and positioning of at guns.
+ you seemed to keep it cool even when you were on the backfoot.

- you occationally picked some pretty bad engagements, which meant that you bled a lot of manpower.
- your build order did't respond accordingly with what you were facing.
- you teched too much and too fast, which set you back quite a bit in terms of fielding tanks.
- your choice of commander didn't respond well with your choice of actions.
- with time you will probably be better at microing your units, which you moved around quite condensed which makes them very vulnerable to explosions and pinning.

I hope this was somewhat helpfull and would also like to finish of with some shameless self promotion in the shape of the beginners guide that I authored (with help from other great community members). If you haven't read this already, then there is probably some stuff in there you can use :D

https://www.coh2.org/guides/70864/from-recruit-to-veteran

-

-

Thanks for your review!:)

Here is still something I'm confused:

- About the kubel. In my mind kubel is so fragile that it can't even stand 10 seconds (I guess) before an infantry, so it will cost more micro and I must care more about it. You can see from the game that I lost it on the left-VP because I forgot it:( So I always set it as a support unit, shall I consider it a core unit in the early game?

- About the tech. Usually I unlock the tech as soon as possible, becuase I think heavier tanks have more advantages in the battle and I'm fear about opponent tanks appear while I dont have a counter tank.

- About the AT. Hmm...seems I dont know when to build an AT gun. Generally I won't build an AT until I see an armor appear at the opponent's side, maybe it's a good time to build it when I see USF already has a LT.

- About the beginners guide. I have read it...just:D Thanks for your guide. I'll read more in the beginners guide.

Your advices are really helpful to me. Thanks for pointing out my problems and I'll try to fix them^_^
5 Sep 2018, 04:04 AM

Looks good to me, but I'll let DUTY decide if he wants more.

Hi ShadowLinkX37:)

Because I'm really new to pvp, I REALLY WANT your advices about my battle decision and performance style:D

How to respond to the opponent's behavior? I'm really not good at it and you can see this problem in the replay. Could you give me some advices?

Say anything you want and criticism is most welcome :)
5 Sep 2018, 07:22 AM

Thanks for your review!:)

Here is still something I'm confused:

- About the kubel. In my mind kubel is so fragile that it can't even stand 10 seconds (I guess) before an infantry, so it will cost more micro and I must care more about it. You can see from the game that I lost it on the left-VP because I forgot it:( So I always set it as a support unit, shall I consider it a core unit in the early game?

- About the tech. Usually I unlock the tech as soon as possible, becuase I think heavier tanks have more advantages in the battle and I'm fear about opponent tanks appear while I dont have a counter tank.

- About the AT. Hmm...seems I dont know when to build an AT gun. Generally I won't build an AT until I see an armor appear at the opponent's side, maybe it's a good time to build it when I see USF already has a LT.

- About the beginners guide. I have read it...just:D Thanks for your guide. I'll read more in the beginners guide.

Your advices are really helpful to me. Thanks for pointing out my problems and I'll try to fix them^_^

As for the kubel. I kind of changed my mind on this and think you probably used it the best way. On a large map like minsk pocket without any easy cut-offs it is probably pretty good to use it for capping around the edges, especially when somebody goes for the "twisted tootsey" strat of heavy light vechileplay as shown by your opponent. On maps with easier cutoffs like Faymontville or road to kharkov, it is probably better to rush for the cut-offs. The kubel cannot stay in prolonged battles, but the advantage is that it dosen't drain any manpower as long as you repair it in time. Therefore it is also generally recommended that you use it to fight in combination with sturmpioneers, so they can repair it when the health is low. Also you should never expect it to live more than 10 minutes, so consider when it is better to skip it and just go for an extra volksgrenadier instead.

As for the tech. You need to be smart about this and calculate the cost of unpacking the truck, so you can immediately benefit from it. At the time you placed the schwere you had like 40 fuel, which means that it will still take a long time before you would be able to push out a tank. if you had saved this and waited for five more minutes you could have gotten the command panther instead. as mentioned you can generally go without mechanized for a whole game and battlegroup for quite a while if you instead rely on medkits from sturmpios. you do not want to get all three tiers before pushing out armor as it will simply take too long.

As for the at. There is no direct recipe for this, but the raketten is pretty affordable and generally performs extremely well against light and medium vehicles due to cloak and fast rotation, while it generally needs some vet to really shine against heavier armor. Therefore you should get them pretty fast so you can use them to kill the light vehicles and get them the vet they need to deal with the heavier tanks. As with the mine sweepers, it is better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it :D
5 Sep 2018, 14:11 PM

As for the kubel. I kind of changed my mind on this and think you probably used it the best way. On a large map like minsk pocket without any easy cut-offs it is probably pretty good to use it for capping around the edges, especially when somebody goes for the "twisted tootsey" strat of heavy light vechileplay as shown by your opponent. On maps with easier cutoffs like Faymontville or road to kharkov, it is probably better to rush for the cut-offs. The kubel cannot stay in prolonged battles, but the advantage is that it dosen't drain any manpower as long as you repair it in time. Therefore it is also generally recommended that you use it to fight in combination with sturmpioneers, so they can repair it when the health is low. Also you should never expect it to live more than 10 minutes, so consider when it is better to skip it and just go for an extra volksgrenadier instead.

As for the tech. You need to be smart about this and calculate the cost of unpacking the truck, so you can immediately benefit from it. At the time you placed the schwere you had like 40 fuel, which means that it will still take a long time before you would be able to push out a tank. if you had saved this and waited for five more minutes you could have gotten the command panther instead. as mentioned you can generally go without mechanized for a whole game and battlegroup for quite a while if you instead rely on medkits from sturmpios. you do not want to get all three tiers before pushing out armor as it will simply take too long.

As for the at. There is no direct recipe for this, but the raketten is pretty affordable and generally performs extremely well against light and medium vehicles due to cloak and fast rotation, while it generally needs some vet to really shine against heavier armor. Therefore you should get them pretty fast so you can use them to kill the light vehicles and get them the vet they need to deal with the heavier tanks. As with the mine sweepers, it is better to have one and not need it than need one and not have it :D

OK, next time I'll try to improve these aspects you mentioned

Thank you again:D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight