Login

russian armor

My mod Problems

6 Aug 2018, 23:00 PM

I moved my mod from C\user\name\Documents\My Games\company of heroes 2\mods\mod projects\kings and moved it to C:\user\name\Documents\Mods, because I kept getting the error 'exit code -1' indicates that a pathname of a file is too long every time I clone the german race and then click on 'build' in CoH2 Mod Builder this happens it's the same for the AEF, soviets, and west- germans it will not build the mod with these races. But the brits was easy to build in the mod but not others so strange!. But now I have moved my mod folder and save my mod to the new folder everything is ok with the german race and others so far when I click on build in CoH2 Mod Builder I don't get the error 'exit code -1' problem so far.

But my problem is not over in game my mod do not show up anymore so I have too keep copying the Mod kings.sga file and paste it in my C\user\name\Documents\My Games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning so it would show up in the game!, but every time I edit my mod I have to copy over this file to tuning folder it's a pain just for testing.

I thought that you can just put your mod where you like and work from there but no, it's also the same if you make a win condition pack yes you can save it in your documents folder under another name but the file of that win condition sga file must be put in your C\user\name\Documents\My Games\company of heroes 2\mods\gamemode folder for it to show up and work in game in my case.
6 Aug 2018, 23:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

but in game my mod do not show up anymore so I have too keep copying the Mod kings.sga file and paste it in my C\user\name\Documents\My Games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning so it would show up in the game!, but every time I edit my mod I have to copy over this file to tuning folder it's a pain.

Perhaps check your options under CoH2 Mod Builder? Make sure the game path is correct. I've had this problem once before and it turned out my paths were all out of order. It should look something like
Code
C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2
6 Aug 2018, 23:13 PM

Perhaps check your options under CoH2 Mod Builder? Make sure the game path is correct. I've had this problem once before and it turned out my paths were all out of order.

It's in same E:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2 folder that it was when I first built my mod and it in the same location now I have moved my mod folder I have just checked now thanks.

So this is a strange problem I have
7 Aug 2018, 04:51 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's in same E:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2 folder that it was when I first built my mod and it in the same location now I have moved my mod folder I have just checked now thanks.

So this is a strange problem I have

It sounds like this issue: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59135/mod-builder-saving-to-coh2-alpha-folder/post/591132

Could you check the "Company of Heroes 2 Alpha\mods\tuning" folder?
7 Aug 2018, 12:39 PM

It sounds like this issue: https://www.coh2.org/topic/59135/mod-builder-saving-to-coh2-alpha-folder/post/591132

Could you check the "Company of Heroes 2 Alpha\mods\tuning" folder?

Thanks for the link:)

I check the My Games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning also the steam\common\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning but I can't see your 'Alpha\mods\tuning folder? I search my computer for the Alpha but nothing or I think you mean just my 'company of heroes 2\mods\tuning'

So for testing I made a new mod with mod builder and save it into another documents folder name - 'mod projects' and just clone one unit and saved it and built it, and it saved the new mods name in the my game\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning, also then I went into the game and it was there it show up how strange,

With the new mod I just made I just copied the 'instances' folder from my first mod in to this new one think it would just be easy and save me time at first yes it opens in mod builder but all the files to the units I cloned in the game mod has 'null' next to it, it would have been too much work to put it all back into place so I gave up and delete it.

My first mod kings was saved like this C:\user\name\my games\company of heroes 2\mods\mod projects\kings\kings.xml

art and ui
my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning\data\art\ui

But because of the error I just copied and paste it into the c:\user\name\documents\mods. But run into problems because mod builder tell me the Java was missing the exe file (when it was not) so had to reinstall it again, next problem was the missing SDK so had to reinstall that also what a pain and then missing art and ui files so had to copy them over after that it took a bit of the time for mod builder to build it at first I am sitting here thinking it's going to give me another red error but no, (lucky?) now it saved in the new folder but not the mod sga file to show up in game. I don't think it is that easy to just copy & paste your mod to another folder with out the problems.

Because mod builder don't like it>:(.

Just an update today 20:09pm:D

I might found the problem! after I shut down my computer and boot up again Now mod builder builds my mod how strange is that! also now I don't need to copy and paste my mod sga file over to the my games\company of heroes 2\mods\tuning folder it works again I also checked my game with stream to verify the game files. and it's ok I have just finished cloning the west -germans also germans units and mod builder builds it without the error code now but I tested my mod out in game to be sure that all the units are working in game and it was OK.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★