Login

russian armor

2v2 strats

15 Sep 2013, 06:27 AM

I was wondering what was working for people in 2v2. I've been going t2 to t3. Consx 3 to mollys, T2 with and AT gun, then T3 with T34s. My buddy I play with has been going T1 to T4. playing with some penal battalions in scout cars for dealing with MGs and then going to T4 for the SU85s. We've been doing well in the early game, but we end up getting rolled by waves of german armor. No matter how many MGs we take down/steal and grens we drive off it doesn't seem to matter. Both opponents build P4s, flank everything and GG. We can't seem to take enough map control early to keep the armor rush from happening. If you hold 50% you've got all the armor on the way. What have you all been doing and is it working ?
15 Sep 2013, 11:22 AM

I've concluded scout cars are pretty useless in 2on2. I don't like that stuff.

We pretty much conscript spam and it's been working really well for us, especially after the patch. We both get 5 conscripts and mollies. Player one techs to tier4 and gets SU76s if they are relying on heavy tier2. 4 SU76s can handle PIVs very well too and they absolutely decimate infantry. Pretty much every doctrine works well for player one, I prefer the one with PPSHs or ISU.

Player two relies on doctrinal units. Gets heavy mortars and guards after the initial 5 conscripts and spams T34/85 late game or picks KV8 doctrine with IS2. With this amount of infantry, you can pretty much fill the entire map, execute massive flanks and get good map control early on.

Weakness we've encountered in this is when the map has tricky cutoff and your opponent manages to hold it for decent amount of time, gets Opels and techs fast to PIVs.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 17
South Africa 5
Germany 839
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %