Login

russian armor

Opinion on new IS-2?

15 Sep 2013, 04:20 AM

What is your guys opinion on the new IS-2? IMO, I really don't like it. It is just too vulnerable to everything to be a good tank. I really want to like it, but it just can not take that much damage. Also, the turret traverse is slow as fuck and i'm still losing it to Panthers and such.

I want a good Soviet flanking tank for heavy tank battles, but the T-34/76 can't do anything to a Panther or Tiger, even though a Panther costs 130 now..
15 Sep 2013, 04:24 AM

Permanently Banned
15 Sep 2013, 04:59 AM

panther cost change is arguable about it is a nerf or buff, since during intense battles i am always short on MP not fuel, and you are not happy about IS-2 armor? then you should see how germans cry on their tiger armor.
15 Sep 2013, 05:12 AM

What is your guys opinion on the new IS-2? IMO, I really don't like it. It is just too vulnerable to everything to be a good tank. I really want to like it, but it just can not take that much damage. Also, the turret traverse is slow as fuck and i'm still losing it to Panthers and such.

I want a good Soviet flanking tank for heavy tank battles, but the T-34/76 can't do anything to a Panther or Tiger, even though a Panther costs 130 now..

Two SU85's rape all Axis Armor. That means don't get an IS-2, just get another SU85, a guard squad for button and all your axis armor problems are solved.
15 Sep 2013, 05:30 AM

FACEPALM ... this guy's whines get better and better. IS2 is fine, in fact a tad OP compared to Tiger. L2 play and stop whining.

another russian fan girl who will never be satisfied till Germans are removed from the game.
15 Sep 2013, 05:32 AM

=

Yeah convinently hid the truth and facts communist style .... Panther got a mp increase to 600 from 440 which means even less infantry for Germans.

Of course you want a T34 76 to kill a panther, we also know you would love if a conscript squad can 1 shot a Tiger too !
15 Sep 2013, 07:45 AM

panzerjager2 you are a german fan girl ;)
15 Sep 2013, 07:58 AM
Donator 33

Dear Panzerjager2.

Please do not doublepost. In this particular instance, I mistook the post right after your first to perhaps be of ordinary quality - such malignant trolling causing harm to the unwary is not okay.
15 Sep 2013, 08:13 AM

FACEPALM ... this guy's whines get better and better. IS2 is fine, in fact a tad OP compared to Tiger. L2 play and stop whining.

another russian fan girl who will never be satisfied till Germans are removed from the game.

do you think anyone can take you seriously?
15 Sep 2013, 08:26 AM

Back to the OP, I use the IS-2 to absorb the damage and kill infantry while my AT guns and guard hold back their armor.

Edit:
Never use it alone, it is not a battle changer.
15 Sep 2013, 08:44 AM

Your IS-2 is an anti-infantry killing machine. It wins you map control via winning the infantry war, allowing your ZiS-3 or SU-85 to push up more aggressively and safetly. It brings good AT support but your core AT units should still be those listed prior.

As you said the IS-2 turret rotates so slow. Keep this in mind constantly and don't get to close to your opponents tanks and try maintain conscript AT support close in the event of a blitzkreig push. When your close aswell the IS-2 turret doesn't even shoot I noticed since its so long its like it has a minimum range so be careful.

IS-2 is a decently balanced unit now imo.
15 Sep 2013, 11:16 AM

I still kill them with StuGs, so I guess it could be a little more powerful.
15 Sep 2013, 12:24 PM

I still kill them with StuGs, so I guess it could be a little more powerful.
Can´t follow that logic: Tiger loses to Su-85, IS-2 is not supposed to be beaten by StuGs?

StuGs have less range than the Su-85, no bulletin that further pushes the range and no spotting ability. Nerfing the StuG in this regard (which also an IS-2 buff is in effect) is no option. StuGs can outrange IS-2s but not to the extend SU-85s do with Tigers.

Last time I checked StuGs were 2shot to death by IS-2s.
15 Sep 2013, 15:05 PM

Tiger can take down a JS-2 with ease, and your opponent can always get a Tiger before you get a JS-2, JS-2 itself is Okey now, but you still pay for the highest heavy tank price tank to get the stuff which can be raped by a Tiger Or still lose to a much cheaper panther.

Tiger needs 65 sec to finish off a JS-2 while JS-2 took 90 sec to finish off a Tiger
Tiger costs 40MP/40FU less than a Tiger

1280HP 300(front)/250(rear) Armor is much better to 960HP 325(Front)/225(rear) armor,

If we convert the Health to armor value(since the armor value of both tanks is greater than the highest gun penetration of the game)

Tiger "960HP" 400(front)/333.333(rear) armor vs JS-2 960(HP) 325(Front)/225(rear)

and JS-2's gun of cuz obliterate infantry, but Tiger's main gun can still kill infantry with double the fire speeed, JS-2 lose to a Tiger which costs 40MP/40FU more than a Tiger?
15 Sep 2013, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2013, 15:05 PMUGBEAR
Tiger can take down a JS-2 with ease, and your opponent can always get a Tiger before you get a JS-2, JS-2 itself is Okey now, but you still pay for the highest heavy tank price tank to get the stuff which can be raped by a Tiger Or still lose to a much cheaper panther.

Tiger needs 65 sec to finish off a JS-2 while JS-2 took 90 sec to finish off a Tiger
Tiger costs 40MP/40FU less than a Tiger

1280HP 300(front)/250(rear) Armor is much better to 960HP 325(Front)/225(rear) armor,

If we convert the Health to armor value(since the armor value of both tanks is greater than the highest gun penetration of the game)

Tiger "960HP" 400(front)/333.333(rear) armor vs JS-2 960(HP) 325(Front)/225(rear)

and JS-2's gun of cuz obliterate infantry, but Tiger's main gun can still kill infantry with double the fire speeed, JS-2 lose to a Tiger which costs 40MP/40FU more than a Tiger?

your number is quite wrong on tiger i dont know where u got your number from. what tiger really have is

Tiger "1280HP" 300(front) 250(rear) 3.9(max speed)

IS-2 have a 4.5 max speed and it can tear a pgren apart in 3-5 shots can pazer do that too to any infanty? also IS-2 have more armor than tiger, german P4 hardly do much damage against IS-2, if a IS-2 show up it is forcing germans to tech to T4
15 Sep 2013, 17:10 PM

Your IS-2 is an anti-infantry killing machine. It wins you map control via winning the infantry war, allowing your ZiS-3 or SU-85 to push up more aggressively and safetly. It brings good AT support but your core AT units should still be those listed prior.

As you said the IS-2 turret rotates so slow. Keep this in mind constantly and don't get to close to your opponents tanks and try maintain conscript AT support close in the event of a blitzkreig push. When your close aswell the IS-2 turret doesn't even shoot I noticed since its so long its like it has a minimum range so be careful.

IS-2 is a decently balanced unit now imo.

^This it is right where it needs to be now
15 Sep 2013, 17:11 PM

Seriously, i'm tired of all these fucking SU-85s. "Support it with an SU-85" "SU-85 kills all axis armor" This is why I want Soviet tanks to be useful, because the only thing capable of doing shit to tanks is the SU-85 right now.
15 Sep 2013, 17:16 PM

Though the IS-2 is more viable now,Tiger still owns it...pretty weird,in WW2 Tiger and Panther commanders were given instructions to avoid direct contact with an IS-2,which had the best armor and the best gun of that time
15 Sep 2013, 17:33 PM

Though the IS-2 is more viable now,Tiger still owns it...pretty weird,in WW2 Tiger and Panther commanders were given instructions to avoid direct contact with an IS-2,which had the best armor and the best gun of that time

- And could fire 2-3 shots a minute. Had horrible accuracy as the gun was to big for the turret. After each shot the gun had to be moved into the standard position to reload it. After that it had to be aimed AGAIN at the target.

- In fact the IS-2 was as "fast" as the Tiger (37 km/h for IS-2, 38 km/h for Tiger. Both on roads).

- The IS-2 didn´t even have the best gun and best armor at the time. As for armor protection: The Tiger II had better frontal protection. As for the gun: If we want to look at the anti armor role this title goes to the long 88mm. Even 17 pounder, German 75mm L70 had better armor penetration than the gun on the IS-2.

- And last but not least: The IS-2 is overrated as is the Tiger II. Big gun and big armor alone don´t make a good tank.

Also as you are bringing up realism: Germans weren´t running away from SU-85s. :)
15 Sep 2013, 17:41 PM

- And could fire 2-3 shots a minute. Had horrible accuracy as the gun was to big for the turret. After each shot the gun had to be moved into the standard position to reload it. After that it had to be aimed AGAIN at the target.

- In fact the IS-2 was as "fast" as the Tiger (37 km/h for IS-2, 38 km/h for Tiger. Both on roads).

The IS-2 is overrated. Big gun and big armor alone don´t make a good tank.

Also as you are bringing up realism: Germans weren´t running away from SU-85s. :)

There's only criticism of rate of fire of JS-2, it's 120mm slope armor is not something to be underestimated, The JS-2 accuracy were never to be criticized as well perhaps you have source?

BTW, JS-2 is not overrated at all, it is the only few allied tank could withstand a direct shoot from tiger or panther tank and capable to fight back at that time.

In the game, the JS-2 still lose to a inevitable Tiger tank which is much cheaper, that is the problem
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 262

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak