Login

russian armor

Passive commander ability

21 Jul 2018, 18:01 PM

Im trying to make a passive ability. Like the lmg upgrade for riflemen. So i cloned the 30cal lmg ability and upgrade. Added to ability to army aef.

Done my requirements for the ability which was requiring the infantry commander and 3 cp. But then when i look into the 30cal upgrade the only requirement in there was the 3cp resource. How does the upgrade link to the ability?
So i got my ability into the command card panel. But the upgrade unlocks even if i dont choose the infantry commander?

It seems that the upgrade doest communicate with the command panel ability to be unlocked.

I tried looking everywhere in the extensions but cant find anything.

21 Jul 2018, 18:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The upgrade "upgrade\aef\commander\passive\riflemen_30_caliber_lmg" is only the commander item, which doesn't do anything by itself.

The real passive ability is "abilities\aef\modal_ability\commander_ability\passive_ability\riflemen_30_caliber_lmg" and this contains all the requirements (3 cp and the mentioned upgrade).

You don't need to create a new upgrade. You can use an existing one if you want it to be linked to an commander or leave the requirement empty to make it available at all times.
21 Jul 2018, 19:27 PM

So if i clone the upgrade and make a requirement to require the infantry commander to be chosen then get the ability to require that upgrade and the cp required?

This should show the passive in the commander card panel plus at the same time it will unlock the upgrade to the weapon rack that only the infantry commander will access?

I hope my logic is correct.
21 Jul 2018, 19:39 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2018, 19:27 PMRageBoy
So if i clone the upgrade and make a requirement to require the infantry commander to be chosen then get the ability to require that upgrade and the cp required?

You only need the make a new ability. The upgrade is already linked to the commander in "commander_ability\aef\commander\passive\riflemen_30_caliber_lmg"
21 Jul 2018, 21:50 PM

doesn't work for me im doing something wrong..
my set up.
infantry commander in upgrade panel in HQ
cloned the 30cal ability and change requirement to below adding player upgrade commander(did not touch the upgrade as adviced)

<list name="requirements">
<template_reference name="required" value="requirements\required_player_upgrade">
<enum name="reason" value="usage_and_display" />
<locstring name="ui_name" value="0" />
<bool name="is_present" value="True" />
<float name="max_completed" value="100" />
<float name="min_completed" value="1" />
<instance_reference name="upgrade_name" value="upgrade\aef\commander\passive\riflemen_30_caliber_lmg" />
</template_reference>
<template_reference name="required" value="requirements\required_resource">
<enum name="reason" value="usage" />
<locstring name="ui_name" value="11064650" />
<template_reference name="resource" value="tables\resource_table">
<float name="action" value="0" />
<float name="command" value="3" />
<float name="fuel" value="0" />
<float name="manpower" value="0" />
<float name="munition" value="0" />
<float name="soviet_progression" value="0" />
<float name="soviet_227" value="0" />
<float name="popcap" value="0" />
</template_reference>
</template_reference>
<template_reference name="required" value="requirements\required_player_upgrade">
<enum name="reason" value="usage_and_display" />
<locstring name="ui_name" value="0" />
<bool name="is_present" value="True" />
<float name="max_completed" value="100" />
<float name="min_completed" value="1" />
<instance_reference name="upgrade_name" value="upgrade\aef\research\infantry_division" mod="e71b327588f84c149476f33560e0facf" />
</template_reference>
</list>

the weapon rack is available even if you dont choose any commander. I was trying to make it only avaible to infantry commander
22 Jul 2018, 07:11 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think you're trying something else then I thought.

So you made 3 upgrades in the HQ panel which represent new commanders. (I thought you wanted to edit existing commanders)

Do you want to show the passive in the commander panel aswell? You would need the passive ability for that (only to show the icon).

If not, then it's actually easy. You only have to add the "required_player_upgrade(upgrade\aef\research\infantry_division)" to the weapon rack in: ebps > ebpextensions\slotitem_ext > pickup_requirements
22 Jul 2018, 08:25 AM

I will try this and come back thanks for suggestion. didnt think of that. what i did on the weapon rack requirement was put in the new upgrade which was the 30cal. Now i think i get the concept.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★