Login

russian armor

LaGleize 4v4

30 Jun 2018, 21:31 PM

This map has so many issues:
1. It is a snow map and gets terrible frame rates. Particularly around center VP.
2. The cutoffs are cancerous and most new players do not even know they exist.
3. Makes "Close The Pocket" OP as all hell(Shhh dont tell. No one knows that). Cutoff and your own territory point and you kill anything near the VPs. Never seen it used before.
4. Right side fuel is way to far south to be contested.
5. Right side cutoff is buried between buildings. Makes extra boring play as you have to fill those buildings early or enemy will fill them and a certain part of your underside.

It is a fun map to play on for some. It is historically made to mimic the actually town I believe.

Is there a chance this will be removed before I spend time trying to catalogue all that is wrong with it?

1. Most glaring fixable issue is the souths cutoff house has NO WINDOWS. :loco:
30 Jun 2018, 23:17 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

1. Can't one disable snow stuff in settings? I had never problems on snow maps.
2. Sorry but I Do not let this argument count
4.5. And still I had very often that North side is able to attack the fuel (when you ignore the cutoff houses, then is right side free)

About the left side house and tree;that is intended from the dbp and have to stay!

The map will stay in the pool for 3vs3 and 4vs4.
Right now I think this maps works very well after dbp.
1 Jul 2018, 17:41 PM

Someone should think about the "Close The Pocket" issue with this map.

1. South can take two points labelled A and erase enemy on the VP and fuel. Or take Mid A and A' points to do even worse.
2. North can take two points labelled B and erase enemy on the VP and fuel. Or take Mid B and B' points to do even worse.
There is also an imbalance as the southern B' point is easier to contest then the North A'. And CTP on this side has a lot more territory affected. Nearly 1/3 of the map.

I am no CTP expert but literally you can just do CTP whenever you want. You will always have the point in front of your base. Then just click two buttons: Nuetralize and CTP. GG

I did some quick testing for render speed and the ACTION MARKER snow whisps are what kills the FPS on this map. With Anti-Aliasing on MAX I get 30 fps in some spots and 60 fps on others depending on action marker density.
- I raised falling snow to 100% density no difference.
- Deleted action markers and 60 fps solid everywhere on the map.

My guess is Relic is not applying AA on the rain/snow falling textures. But IS applying AA on the effects markers for particle effects: smoke, fire, drifting smoke, drifting fog, whisps of snow etc. Or if someones videocard is fill rate limited, they will have an issue either way.

When I deleted SOME of the markers there was still snow floating around in places. Which looks like the problem is with the action markers never fading away. You would expect they push out a texture and eventually alpha blend it away after say 30-50 meters. But seeing textures far far away from markers would say they never fade away. So if there are multiple markers inline with each other, the density would be double etc.
6 Jul 2018, 05:54 AM

You would expect they push out a texture and eventually alpha blend it away after say 30-50 meters.

The wisps actually start well before the marker and float way past the marker.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★