Login

russian armor

Port of Hamburg

16 Jul 2018, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2018, 16:37 PMMongal
Firstly just wanted to say thanks to Rosbone and Sturmpanther for putting so much effort in to fixing some of these awful maps, there will be alot of 4v4 players that appreciate this.

Secondly i have a request/suggestion. Is there anyway the middle bridge/choke point on the north side of the map can be changed for a stone indestructable bridge. At present there are only 2 safe ways to bring armour on to the map from the north spawns as the wooden bridge is very risky. Its the bridge on the OP just to the right of the yellow X.

Sturmpanther is the hero. Keeping track of all these ideas and deciding what will help / break the map is a lot of work.

As far as the bridge, math-wise the bridge actually helps the North in the middle VP area by providing an additional 11 meters of attack space.

DEVILS ADVOCATE
Personally, I like trying to destroy the bridge when units cross it. Mines, Stukka, etc. having it destroyable gives the players options. If you are doing well you want the bridge so you can attack across it. If you are getting beaten, blow the bridge to relieve the pressure.

SUPPORT
Personally I rarely see the North blow the bridge. However, blowing it helps the north push the right fuel because you cannot get flanked.
16 Jul 2018, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2018, 17:44 PMRosbone

Sturmpanther is the hero. Keeping track of all these ideas and deciding what will help / break the map is a lot of work.

As far as the bridge, math-wise the bridge actually helps the North in the middle VP area by providing an additional 11 meters of attack space.

DEVILS ADVOCATE
Personally, I like trying to destroy the bridge when units cross it. Mines, Stukka, etc. having it destroyable gives the players options. If you are doing well you want the bridge so you can attack across it. If you are getting beaten, blow the bridge to relieve the pressure.

SUPPORT
Personally I rarely see the North blow the bridge. However, blowing it helps the north push the right fuel because you cannot get flanked.

The problem i have always found with this map is its fun until late game when axis have there heavy units out. Allies struggle to go toe to toe with a good axis team late game, at this point allies need to flank but this map just doesnt allow it if the wooden bridge is destroyed. The south side has more than 2 safe options to get there armour on the field.
16 Jul 2018, 22:46 PM

Maybe something like this would be cool :)
16 Jul 2018, 23:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2018, 16:37 PMMongal
Firstly just wanted to say thanks to Rosbone and Sturmpanther for putting so much effort in to fixing some of these awful maps, there will be alot of 4v4 players that appreciate this.

Secondly i have a request/suggestion. Is there anyway the middle bridge/choke point on the north side of the map can be changed for a stone indestructable bridge. At present there are only 2 safe ways to bring armour on to the map from the north spawns as the wooden bridge is very risky. Its the bridge on the OP just to the right of the yellow X.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2018, 17:18 PMRosbone
Right fuel sight blocker modification made:
- Moved fuel container to camera visible position.
- Change moves the FOW(blue) area to gate area of fence.
- Opened the brick wall so units cannot get stuck in empty area.

Thank you!
And about the bridge thing. In case rosebone finds a single bridge (stone or metal) I would give it a try, but no double bridge or changing the right side
17 Jul 2018, 04:19 AM

One more just for fun:
I agree Sturmpanther two bridges "together" was dumb :hyper:

This looks really interesting. I will have to make a version for steam Comp Stomps.
17 Jul 2018, 08:06 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2018, 04:19 AMRosbone
One more just for fun:
I agree Sturmpanther two bridges "together" was dumb :hyper:

This looks really interesting. I will have to make a version for steam Comp Stomps.

It looks interesting i agree, BUT i am worried about:
- South side can attack now easier the right fuel with flanks.
- when you look at left fuel, it feels harder to attack it.

Yes we made a small gab for inf on the left fuel. But there is a different between a small gab and a path for paks and tanks.

What about using for the second bridge a wooden mini bridge, only for infs, no paks or tanks.
17 Jul 2018, 16:58 PM

I was thinking more like a 6 lane motorway bridge with 2 cycle paths and a zebra crossing for my infantry :D

On a serious note i think what Sturmpather said in post 26 sound good or maybe just a single bridge and forget the second.
17 Jul 2018, 18:43 PM

I was just joking with the multiple bridges because I thought Sturmpanther would not want to change the bridge :) I thought he would say a stone bridge is imbalanced across factions as far as tank traps etc.

I have a version made with a stone bridge and a man bridge and it played very well with AI. I will clean it up a little and post in a few hours.
17 Jul 2018, 20:56 PM

Here is the man bridge version. (8)Rosport of Hamburg (v2)

It is not the final version, but taken far enough to show the theory.

MAJOR CHANGES:
1) Man bridge added.
2) Stone bridge replaces wood bridge.
3) One section of destroyed house removed above stone bridge for pathing and to help North work into the south.
4) Sight blockers under the fuel sheds adjusted.
5) Fuel tank replaced by hedgerow sight blocker. Will open pathing late game and gives north another path to the man bridge.
6) Added concrete fences (green cover) in south side bridge area. Just for looks. Will help units who are pushing in.

MINOR CHANGES
7) Moved a truck from fuel to new bridge section.
8) Moved brick piles for pathing.

From the sight blocker view you can see each front line is balanced in size.
17 Jul 2018, 21:34 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2018, 20:56 PMRosbone
Here is the man bridge version. (8)Rosport of Hamburg (v2)

It is not the final version, but taken far enough to show the theory.

MAJOR CHANGES:
1) Man bridge added.
2) Stone bridge replaces wood bridge.
3) One section of destroyed house removed above stone bridge for pathing and to help North work into the south.
4) Sight blockers under the fuel sheds adjusted.
5) Fuel tank replaced by hedgerow sight blocker. Will open pathing late game and gives north another path to the man bridge.
6) Added concrete fences (green cover) in south side bridge area. Just for looks. Will help units who are pushing in.

MINOR CHANGES
7) Moved a truck from fuel to new bridge section.
8) Moved brick piles for pathing.

From the sight blocker view you can see each front line is balanced in size.

will look into it. thx.
this is 4vs4 right?
22 Jul 2018, 09:22 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2018, 18:43 PMRosbone

Can you move on the left VP this small house some few meters to the righ side or north side?
So that vehicles can circle around this building. Atm the vehciles can't path on the left side from the building.
22 Jul 2018, 23:51 PM

Can you move on the left VP this small house some few meters to the righ side or north side? So that vehicles can circle around this building. Atm the vehciles can't path on the left side from the building.

Got it :thumb:
23 Jul 2018, 13:03 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Do you have 3vs3 and 4vs4 splitted and reworked already?

3vs3 with fix spawn as it is atm in live version.

23 Jul 2018, 13:40 PM

Do you have 3vs3 and 4vs4 splitted and reworked already?

3vs3 with fix spawn as it is atm in live version.

(6) Rosport of Hamburg (v3)
(8) Rosport of Hamburg (v3)
23 Jul 2018, 13:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Have to recheck then both version. But should be all fine, from ingame changes and minimap.

--> green.
5 Aug 2018, 11:12 AM

Have to recheck then both version. But should be all fine, from ingame changes and minimap.

--> green.

While creating final versions of 3v3 and 4v4 I noticed the automatch minimap is missing a building. Added in final version (Not Posted).
7 Aug 2018, 19:18 PM

Final versions posted to steam as:
(6) Port of Hamburg
(8) Port of Hamburg

Final version has middle North building rotated so north and south have equal access to enter building.
7 Aug 2018, 19:25 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

(6) Port of Hamburg
(8) Port of Hamburg

Final version has middle North building rotated so north and south have equal access to enter building.

Thank you.
7 Aug 2018, 21:37 PM

Thank you.

Just noticed something about that house. It is not on the minimap :facepalm:

Will update later tonight.
9 Aug 2018, 20:13 PM

(6) Port of Hamburg
(8) Port of Hamburg

*Note added man bridge and two missing buildings on minimap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★