Login

russian armor

Ostwind vs Pz4

11 Sep 2013, 01:03 AM

Consider the scenario

Soviet player goes T1 with sniper spam and guards. Still no sign of their armor yet. What do you guys usually prefer ? Go ostwind or play safe with PZ4 ?
13 Sep 2013, 03:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I almost ALWAYS go P4. It is reasonably effective versus infantry, and you know a tank is coming. If you completely dominate all the fuel and are dealing with massive hordes of infantry, an Ostwind works fine. I say just play it safe and go P4 though.
13 Sep 2013, 15:00 PM

I prefer ostwind. I can always get a stug after that to fill the AT need.
13 Sep 2013, 15:20 PM

I feel the ostwind dominates.
The soviet player is already going to go a heavy inf. build because they don't have access to vehicles T1-T2 (sure m3scout car but, yeah)

Germans can get an Ostwind out way quicker than a Su-85. This also forces them to go to Su-85 because an ostwind can kill an M3-Halftrack, a T70, do considerable dmg to a T-34 and Su-78. Plus, once it's vet 1, it can drive by ATguns and sit behind them.

Pz4 is nice and does the same but, not as effective as an ostwind because it trades inft DMG to be better all-round (Plus you need to invest in muni for it to be an 'on-par' with an ostwind).

Plus, when you push the soviets off the mapp with ostwind, you can immediately get a fuel cache up to get your pz4 next!
14 Sep 2013, 03:18 AM

i say get a ostwind because by that time i should have at least a pgren with rockets so i don't worry about AT power in early mid game, 1 T34 SU85 or SU76 is no match to pgren
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★