Login

russian armor

Fallout 76

5 Nov 2018, 23:50 PM

Seems they hard capped the fps to 63 now in the latest patch, that's as high as i can get in the start screen.

Map is big as hell, fun to explore the map and kill stuff while exploring.
It is a fun game to play with friends. Tho you can also do it all alone if you want.
5 Nov 2018, 23:56 PM
6 Nov 2018, 08:38 AM

The FPS game speed 'bug' has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a game. How did no one at the studio pick this up during development rofl
6 Nov 2018, 16:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The FPS game speed 'bug' has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in a game. How did no one at the studio pick this up during development rofl

Because you need to intentionally modify the game files to do it.
6 Nov 2018, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2018, 16:06 PMTobis

Because you need to intentionally modify the game files to do it.

Like it's not obvious people would try to get rid of the stupid FPS cap...
14 Nov 2018, 10:27 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

from PCGamer

good grief :( I think I'll pass on this one.
27 Nov 2018, 01:29 AM
Patrion 14

this game sucks
28 Nov 2018, 05:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2018, 01:29 AMpigsoup
this game sucks

28 Nov 2018, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2018, 01:29 AMpigsoup
this game sucks

I wouldn't mind this at all, if it wasn't for the fact that it's very worrying for Elder Scrolls 6. They plan to use the same engine when 76 already shows it has reached its absolute max and is still 5-10 years behind most modern games in terms of performance/looks/gameplay.
29 Nov 2018, 06:03 AM

I wouldn't mind this at all, if it wasn't for the fact that it's very worrying for Elder Scrolls 6. They plan to use the same engine when 76 already shows it has reached its absolute max and is still 5-10 years behind most modern games in terms of performance/looks/gameplay.

The engine is running on fumes at this point. Considering ES6 likely wont be coming out until the 2020s imagine how bad the game will look then. Not to mention how the Creation Engine is literally bottlenecking powerful computers which is ridiculous.
8 Dec 2018, 23:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge

As a summary from what I have heard and read about this game I can surely tell this looks like a failed experiment. Even a pretty poorly designed experiment that seems to have been released too early. The only positive thing might be the late game, once you have reached awesome gear status. Nevertheless disappointing overall for AAA game studio and publisher like Bethesda.

To top it all off, IGN gave this game a solid 5/10. :romeoBANG:
8 Apr 2019, 11:20 AM
Patrion 310

Fallout Goes "Pay-to-Win" & False Advertising:
Bethesda’s P2W Betrayal Is Worst Fallout 76 Move Yet: They Literally Lied

Bethesda's New Disaster - Makes Fallout 76 Pay-To-Win & Fans Are ANGRY!
Breaks Cosmetic-Only Promise

TL;DR:
Greedy retail publishers (EA/Activision/Bethesda) want to milk loyal fans and whales with a big wallet. Cosmetics are not making enough money so Fallout goes for deeper monetization.

Last year quotes from Bethesda boss, Pete Hines
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-76-has-microtransactions-but-bethesda-insi/1100-6462850/?utm_source=reddit.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/pete-hines-6987131/
"If you don't want to spend money in the Atomic shop for cosmetic stuff you don't have to. We give you a sh*tload of Atoms just for playing the game," Hines said. "Folks that want to spend money on whatever the hell it is because they don't have enough Atoms, they can, but it's not, 'I'm now better playing against other players because I spent money.' It's not pay-to-win. And it's not loot crates."

https://twitter.com/dcdeacon/status/1032589221398282241
@ModishNouns
Will it be possible to buy non-cosmetic items, say, a legendary minigun, with microtransactions?

Pete Hines:
No. Only cosmetic.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-76-has-microtransactions-but-bethesda-insi/1100-6462850/
"All the content we ever put out for Fallout 76--all the DLC, all the post-launch stuff--is going to be free. That's important. And to say, the Atomic shop is cosmetic stuff. To make sure folks understand--look there's a line. There are people who have crossed it, but we're going to stay on the right side of it in terms of the things you can spend money on and how this stuff works and what you're getting for your $60," Hines said. "That you know, when they put out new content or features or whatever, I'm getting that stuff for free. That feels right."

Quote Bethesda APRIL 4, 2019
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/6eQmVlhbjlkX0GzGb7DB3j/inside-the-vault-looking-beyond-patch-8-april-4-2019
BASIC REPAIR KITS IN THE ATOMIC SHOP
We read tons of feedback and suggestions from the Fallout 76 community, and Repair Kits were a popular request that we wanted to get into players’ hands. We also felt we could try out something new with these, both in-game and in the Atomic Shop. As we look to the future, we’re exploring ways we can bring other community-driven ideas to the game as well, such as refrigerators for C.A.M.P.s, ammo and food converters, and even the ability to send scrap to your stash without having to head home. Repair Kits are our first attempt at a utility item like this, and we plan to make adjustments based on your feedback, so we hope you’ll share your thoughts with us when they go live later this month.

Bethesda: Cosmetic-Only, not P2W MTX
Gamers: You lied to us!
Bethesda: It’s not P2W, but Pay for Convenience/pay to not grind..

3 Jun 2019, 15:18 PM
Patrion 310

Todd: it just works

4 Jun 2019, 10:36 AM

Not hyped. Pass.
10 Jun 2019, 15:44 PM
Patrion 310

Fake Bethesda E3 hype or just trolling? cheering for Fallout 76 and mobile games?

Did Bethesda pay the E3 2019 audience to cheer for Mobile Games? (or just trolling Bethesda):

One Dude Was Really Into Bethesda's Press Conference Last Night:
https://kotaku.com/one-dude-was-really-into-bethesdas-press-conference-las-1835377504
Presenters were caught somewhere between amused and a bit annoyed. Zenimax Online studio director Matt Firor particularly found many of his announcements cut off by raucous “WOOOOs” and “YEEEEEAAAAHs.” Was this mysterious man a studio employee, psyched to see The Elder Scrolls Online on stage? Was he simply a mega-fan? I don’t know; I wasn’t there to investigate. Whatever the case, those whoops and hollers danced the line between charming and bit disruptive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/bythw5/this_image_sums_up_bethesdas_e3_2019_conference/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/byr1sp/bethesda_e3_2019_conference_megathread/
JimmaJamJamie
I am all for people getting excited but the presenters would simply say their name or announce the title of a game and they would cheer for the next 10 seconds.

Most insulting thing is people cheering for Fallout 76 'new content' that should have been included in the original game, which is only being added now due to the backlash/poor reviews they received.

TheBionicAnkle
my 2 favorite moments where when the cut to someone almost crying because of Fallout 76 updates and then hearing the crowd roaring only to be shown people barely clapping.

LionCashDispenser
Front couple rows were reserved for people suspiciously looking like either A.) employees or B.) actors to hype up the crowd. I get that they want to play it safe and not get condemned for eternity like blizzard did. They have more than enough resources, why don't they just make a good fucking game instead of having to resort to playing the crowd. They just keep releasing half baked crap that revolves around bordering pay-to-win mechanics and medoicre gameplay.

frosty_farralon
they learned a lesson from Blizzard: a ton of mobile games tonight so they stacked the audience with people acting like they want that crap.

haduki41
Someone got paid a little too much to cheer cause holy crap the presenter cant even speak without getting interrupted by this random asshole.

tehPeteos
It was amazingly obvious, like they had to do the job they were paid to do but ramped it up to 11 so there's no way people wouldn't know. Good Guy Gregs, all of them!

nuclearc
Absolutely. the front 3-5 rows were full of shill plants... Was hard to hear the boo's over them, but they were there and plentiful at times.

ReaperEDX
They dodged the, "do you not have phones" meme, and now have the single guy cheering meme. Bethesda and EA are trying their best to be unmemeable, but that's how how memes work.

Many dislikes Youtube Bethesda E3 Showcase:

EDIT: Updated info
14 Jun 2019, 10:41 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

So glad I didn't touch Fallout 76 with a tenfoot pole. Sad tho too cause I loved the franchise.
20 Aug 2019, 00:10 AM
11 Sep 2019, 21:55 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 00:10 AMDropy
Dropy thx for sharing, fun watch :). 9.502.828 views now.

Unfortunately, Fallout 76 gullible fans keep defending this bait and switch. So this p2w shitfest is not over.

Bellular News | LIES & GREED | Bethesda STUFF Fallout 76 With Even MORE P2W Microtransactions:

Today we have yet another absurd story from Fallout 76. While there have been glimmers of hope for the game, with content updates adding new content, that has not applied to microtransactions, where the game is steadily getting worse. Bare in mind that Bethesda initially said that the game would only contain cosmetic microtransactions only. Well, times sure have changed, and it’s no wonder why people find it so darn hard to trust the once loved developer.

BETHESDA NOW OFFERS A REFRIGERATOR IN FALLOUT 76’S ATOM SHOP DESPITE IT BEING COSMETIC ONLY:
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/09/bethesda-now-offers-a-refridgerator-in-fallout-76s-atom-shop-despite-it-being-cosmetic-only/92763/
*SNIP*
But that’s not all, Bethesda used the “none predatory Atomic Shop” narrative as an actual marketing tool during E3 2018 and PAX Aus 2018. Publication site vgr.com even cited GameSpot‘s interview with Hines on the “none pay-to-win” system:

“All the content we ever put out for Fallout 76, all the DLC, all the post-launch stuff, is going to be free. That’s important. And to say, the Atomic Shop is cosmetic stuff. To make sure folks understand. Look, there’s a line. There are people who have crossed it, but we’re going to stay on the right side of it in terms of the things you can spend money on and how this stuff works and what you’re getting for your $60. That you know, when they put out new content or features or whatever, I’m getting that stuff for free. That feels right.”

Looking back further than October 2018, back in August 2018, Hines and crew were using the “cosmetic only” narrative as a selling point on social media too:

Fast forward to today, and we now see a refrigerator that can keep food from spoiling by 50% is now in the Atomic Shop as per the latest update:

The disgusting part about this is how Bethesda used a marketing tactic of “sincerity” or “transparency” to ride the “good train” during a time when the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 debacle was simmering down and when Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey microtransaction controversies were picking up.

And as of now, Bethesda hasn’t even addressed said cosmetic marketing lie, which in turn has kicked up apologist defending the company’s egregious actions.

Lastly, the latest update for Fallout 76 brings a list of things, but one of them is a stat altering refrigerator that runs for $7 in the Atomic Shop — which is supposedly a cosmetic place only.
24 Sep 2019, 13:10 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

What a glorious video. Maybe the industry will check itself with all of this pay-to-win microtransaction bullshit.
24 Sep 2019, 21:01 PM
Patrion 310

Fallout 76 Helmets Recalled Due To Health/Mold Risk
New Fallout 76 screw-ups..

YongYea | Fallout 76 Helmets Recalled Due To Health/Mold Risk By US Safety Commission:

Consumer product safety commission | Chronicle Recalls Power Armor Collectible Helmets Due to Risk of Mold Exposure (Recall Alert):
https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2019/Chronicle-Recalls-Power-Armor-Collectible-Helmets-Due-to-Risk-of-Mold-Exposure-Recall-Alert

Hazard:
Mold can be present on the fabric insert inside the helmet, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
Remedy:
Refund
Recall date:
September 19, 2019
Units:
About 20,000
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W