Login

russian armor

AT Grenades too effective

11 Sep 2013, 02:48 AM

Even as a German player, you guys are being wayyyy baised towards Germans. AT nades are supposed to be a soft counter to medium tanks, it's the same as stickies from VCoH. Stickies are good at dealing engine damage to medium tanks, but often reflect off heavier tanks like Tigers and Panthers. However, just like VCoH if the Russian is lucky it can sometimes penetrate and do engine damage.

If AT nades didn't penetrate on medium tanks reliably, there would no way of stopping them besides su-85s, which is just stupid. We get Panzershreks and fausts, and they get AT Nades and an AT gun that has barrage. Seems fair to me.
11 Sep 2013, 02:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 16:38 PMNullist
@Blovski: It comes straight from a Devs mouth that AT nades have a parabolic trajectory, and a very good chance to hit rear armor, even when thrown from infront, because it arcs and lands on the tank.

Dont ask me how that is supposed to make sense, or be reasonable. But thats the word.
Apparently AT Nades thrown from the front have a very good chance to actually hit rear armor instead.

@Abdul: I once pooped a little me, that pooped a little me, that pooped a little me.
It was incredible. Like a Russian Matroshka doll of constant pooping. Sorry I have no video/pics, but apparently shit can be truth. Reality needs to be rebalanced.

You know what the corollary to that is? You can throw an AT nade from behind a tank and hit its front. Hardly an advantage overall.
11 Sep 2013, 05:48 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 02:53 AMlink0

You know what the corollary to that is? You can throw an AT nade from behind a tank and hit its front. Hardly an advantage overall.

I dunno what the chance is, but my impression from the Devs is that it basically doesn't matter what side you throw the AT Nade from, its the same chance to hit rear.
11 Sep 2013, 06:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 05:48 AMNullist

I dunno what the chance is, but my impression from the Devs is that it basically doesn't matter what side you throw the AT Nade from, its the same chance to hit rear.

i dont think so. it has to do with the way its thrown in an arc. the faust flies straight so it hits whatever side youre on. the nade can arc up and over. it should work from either side. throwing from the back should be able to hit the front.
11 Sep 2013, 06:40 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont think it makes much difference at all what side you throw it from.

ATNade has a net advantage. Faust penetration may be reliable, but ATNade has an apparently high chance of actually hitting rear armor on a frontal engagement. Thats a pretty substantial advantage. Frontal penetration is only slightly less, but if you manage to hit rear due to the ATNades arching cast, well, youve pretty seriously increased your penetration chance in a way Faust never can.

Furthermore, as has been demonstrated, ATNades are undodgeable, whereas Fausts can impact on blocking terrain.
11 Sep 2013, 06:51 AM
Patrion 14

GreenDevil, it happens a shitload of times to me that I don't penetrate Panzer IVs, what drugs are you on? And how are fausts worse, when they penetrate T34s every single time, yet flanking is more important for said T34s? I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again. DON'T TALK BALANCE WHEN YOU DON'T PLAY BOTH FACTIONS EQUALLY OFTEN.
11 Sep 2013, 10:51 AM

They aren't crying of AT nades now,they are crying over Tiger and MG42 nerf...this will be fun :)
raw
11 Sep 2013, 11:02 AM

I am talking about PZ4's/Ostwinds

Those aren't heavy tanks, HTH.
11 Sep 2013, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2013, 16:38 PMNullist

@Abdul: I once pooped a little me, that pooped a little me, that pooped a little me.
It was incredible. Like a Russian Matroshka doll of constant pooping. Sorry I have no video/pics, but apparently shit can be truth. Reality needs to be rebalanced.

This is all to say that you don't agree with or believe what I am saying, when no one attacked you. But that's ok, because now we know what you are full of.
11 Sep 2013, 23:45 PM

When I have tanks, I always watch them carefully. And Panzer IV gets engine damaged by AT-nade like 99% of the time. Don't tell me I just don't see it failing. I am not complaining about that, but please don't tell "oh it's pure luck if it cripples your P4's engine". And even Panthers get crippled by T34 ram or AT nades so goddamn often.

I don't know much about the mechanics of the game, but AT-nade always hitting the rear sounds pretty legit to me.
12 Sep 2013, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2013, 23:45 PMgeist
When I have tanks, I always watch them carefully. And Panzer IV gets engine damaged by AT-nade like 99% of the time. Don't tell me I just don't see it failing. I am not complaining about that, but please don't tell "oh it's pure luck if it cripples your P4's engine". And even Panthers get crippled by T34 ram or AT nades so goddamn often.

I don't know much about the mechanics of the game, but AT-nade always hitting the rear sounds pretty legit to me.

Confirmation bias. As soviet trying to at nade a IV you will also get fails, which by the same reasoning must mean that at nades NEVER work.
22 Sep 2013, 13:56 PM

I think that Faust/At grenades should cost more, Yet deal noticeable amount of damage (improvised stickies felt to be much better than nades/fausts now) vs medium armor (larger deflection damage ?) + some chance of engine damage.

They both are very short range weapons and can be well avoided by keeping distance, also AT grenades could be canceled if vehicle go out of range before being thrown (no 50m nades/fausts).

AT nades HQ upgrade affecting penal battalions would be great thing too :).
22 Sep 2013, 14:33 PM

Only problem with canceled infantry AT from going out of range is that it becomes much too difficult to land grenades, or any infantry based AT.

The grenade/faust lock on allows for infantry, hiding behind a bush, to ambush with AT as the vehicle speeds by. A full speed vehicle going by is surprisingly fast, and the wind up animation takes too long to actually throw.

Penal battalions with AT grenades would be too much. Not only is that too many abilities on one unit, it also allows them to AT nade, then satchel charge on a vehicle blow it up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment