Login

russian armor

[1v1] One of the Scummiest Things I Have Ever Seen

17 Jun 2018, 04:07 AM

17 Jun 2018, 05:04 AM

All's fair in love and war, as the saying goes.
17 Jun 2018, 06:44 AM

All's fair in love and war, as the saying goes.

Okay
17 Jun 2018, 13:04 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

This is a very annoying strat, your best bet is zooks and AT guns. I wouldn't try and rely on lights if he gets a critical mass of these units out.
18 Jun 2018, 06:59 AM

This is a very annoying strat, your best bet is zooks and AT guns. I wouldn't try and rely on lights if he gets a critical mass of these units out.

Okay, yeah, I did realize the big mistakes I made during this game. For example, going with 3 mortars was probably too much. I also think going with greyhounds was a huge mistake considering how many scout cars my opponent was pumping out.

I think I am more frustrated with idea of hmg and bunker spam. It doesn't make sense to me. People can just spam hmg, place and forget, and just force their opponents to micro so much. When I think about the level of effort put forth on both sides, seeing the laziest playing style win irritates me. (At the same time, I also understand that blobbing is a problem as well. If they made the hmg less useful, blobs would thrive too much) You have one person who is trying to use a variations of units, or combined arms, to try and tackle their opponent's plays, make good plays, react to certain events, etc., etc., but someone can just spam hmg and bunkers with minimal effort, while forcing their opponents to have to micro at such ridiculous levels. I don't really see how focusing on one hmg at a time is any better. It takes too much time, too many lost resources, and gives your opponent too many resources and time to react to such a focused attack.

I understand that I should not have let my opponents get to those positions in the first place, but that means I can't capture my own points. My opponent will just rush out hmg all over the map and have their engineer unit cap their side of the map.

I believe I have seen some other threads of people talking about this, but those were years ago. If there are effective and easier solutions I am just blatantly missing here, I would appreciate the help. I kind of feel like blobs and hmg spam are two big topics people complain about.
18 Jun 2018, 07:09 AM

I'll see if I can get around a review this week. As some have said it will be difficult if they manage to accrue critical mass and it is hard to predict someone hoing this direction. Conversely it is pretty much a hail-mary strategy which once broken will lead to a guaranteed loss for the guy. I think teching captain over leutenant is best against such a strategy, but again this teching usually happens before you know he is going for this approach. Also putting double zooked eschelons in buildings will make them take minimal damage, prevent them being suppressed, while dealing high damage to light vehicles.
18 Jun 2018, 07:34 AM

AT guns will kill the bunkers with ease and will help against the 222s.

A mortar or two for smoke when approaching the HMGs should help.
13 Jul 2018, 09:39 AM

Sadly in most games there is that one easy, over-powered tactic. Not much you can do apart from sink to their levels.
19 Jul 2018, 09:57 AM

Sadly in most games there is that one easy, over-powered tactic. Not much you can do apart from sink to their levels.

If this strategy were truly effective you'd see it at top levels. You don't.

No, the true power in FateFairy's strategy is surprise: nobody expects this roving mob of Scout Cars and typical build orders don't work against it. You've got to adapt: you've got to come up with a counter-strategy on the fly and most people struggle to do that.

Given his mainline infantry is the MG42 it's very difficult to rush the map, so don't. Play bite-and-hold: once you've taken a key position, set up some green cover and camp an infantry squad in it. Once green cover suppression resistance kicks in an MG42 can no longer defeat them.

If you get the chance, kill the MG42s and steal them. It's very hard for an MG42 to push an MG42.

The Scout Car horde is the true challenge. The first thing you need is a weapon that'll best them from range and force them to close in, like a light tank or an AT gun. I used a T-70. When I lost it, I built another: this many Scout Cars means they're not bringing out a medium tank any time soon. The purpose of this weapon is to force the Scout Cars to close in: then you use the real counter to the horde.

Snares.

The Scout Car Horde only works because the injured Scout Cars can retreat, meaning the blob doesn't bleed fuel and manpower. Take away their mobility and they can neither swarm nor run.

Remember that this strategy's endgame is the Tiger Ace, so make sure you've got a heavy AT response out by 17CP. I used two ZiS guns and an SU-85.
19 Jul 2018, 11:24 AM

1. Run him over with M10 TDs and Shermans
2. Wipe the living s**t out of their team weapons with Rangers who lead the way
3. Deploy AT gun walls and protect their flanks with infantry
4. Lay down waste on their defenses with Calliopes, Howitzers and Priests
19 Jul 2018, 14:28 PM

Doctrinally consider using the M3 or M5 halftrack with bazookas inside. You can easily flank HMGs and bunkers without being suppressed and can also deal with scout cars to a degree. Also as long as you don't have a terrible start rushing out an AA Halftrack can shut this down pretty hard - just get used to microing it so that the main gun is firing. AA Halftrack can easily counter a 222 1 on 1. Greyhound is indeed pretty bad after they nerfed the main gun damage vs. vehicles - it's purely AI really.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★