Login

russian armor

Don't miss the COH2 surprise!

1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 7 Dec 2012, 04:43 AM
Developer Relic Badge

SemInt is indeed correct - that camera height is REALLY zoomed out, so it just looks smaller :)
7 Dec 2012, 06:43 AM

To me it looks a hell of a lot like DoW - Retribution. 3m24sec reminds me totally of DoW. I know they have named it essence 3.0 engine, but to me it looks EXACTLY the same as Essence 2.0 but with true sight implemented. So pretty much it's a 2 year old engine.

What other changes have been made or added on to Essence 2.0 to make 3.0??
7 Dec 2012, 08:16 AM

The option of zooming out so much without using the tactical map is quite useful.

The UI is sleek. Good job.
7 Dec 2012, 09:12 AM

SemInt is indeed correct - that camera height is REALLY zoomed out, so it just looks smaller :)

He's always right. We've learned to live with it :p
7 Dec 2012, 09:33 AM

ok, however, they should extend their sight range a bit (x3) to make it seem more realistic!
7 Dec 2012, 10:20 AM
Caster Badge

The option of zooming out so much without using the tactical map is quite useful.

The UI is sleek. Good job.

Could have been done merely for demonstration purposes.
7 Dec 2012, 11:48 AM
Donator 33

ok, however, they should extend their sight range a bit (x3) to make it seem more realistic!

And then spend all the money they earn from it TO BUY SILVER!!!!!!!!
7 Dec 2012, 12:15 PM

And then spend all the money they earn from it TO BUY SILVER!!!!!!!!

yO THERES A THREAD FOR THAT.
7 Dec 2012, 18:25 PM
Senior Caster Badge

No. CoH is not a realistic game. Sight ranges should be whatever it takes for them to be balanced. If you want realism go play Combat Mission.
7 Dec 2012, 18:57 PM

No. CoH is not a realistic game. Sight ranges should be whatever it takes for them to be balanced. If you want realism go play Combat Mission.

Its a big let down none the less, when i seen that last video i was very dissapointed, i had hoped relic had the skill to balance this new true sight mechanic and have it kinda realistic , but really, with a clear line of sight i can see many km , these men cannont see more than a few hundred meters , for me it breaks the game immerson and comes off very gimicky.
7 Dec 2012, 20:09 PM

How would you balance getting up on a hill and having LoS over the opponent's base...off-map arty, scouting his tech...
7 Dec 2012, 20:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Its a big let down none the less, when i seen that last video i was very dissapointed, i had hoped relic had the skill to balance this new true sight mechanic and have it kinda realistic , but really, with a clear line of sight i can see many km , these men cannont see more than a few hundred meters , for me it breaks the game immerson and comes off very gimicky.

Imagine how big maps would have to be if they implemented such LOS ;)
7 Dec 2012, 20:21 PM

Did you even play Company of Heroes (1)?

You don't have realistic scales in first person shooters either, because you're looking a comparatively small screen.
7 Dec 2012, 20:52 PM

MaxKeiser confirmed as a non vCoH player.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 7 Dec 2012, 21:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Had we changed the sight range to be unlimited with True sight, we would have potentially lost some of what COH is. We didn't want to change the game fundamentally, we only wanted to improve on it.

As for other changes, it's hard to see in gameplay video with short clips, but we've added a number of new shaders, new lighting... the snow is really something cool. On DX11, the vehicles actually deform the snow with their treads (or as you can see with the infantry, footfalls). On lower DX versions, it just leaves a spline so gameplay won't change in that respect.

In addition, we've done a lot of optimization to get the engine running better than it did in CoH1 or DoWII - one of the biggest complaints of the original was the beefy machine needed, so we wanted to address that, too.
7 Dec 2012, 21:31 PM

MaxKeiser confirmed as a non vCoH player.

Then he arguably should pick it up (very cheaply) so he can get an impression of whether CoH 2 is the game for him. ^_^
7 Dec 2012, 21:37 PM

Had we changed the sight range to be unlimited with True sight, we would have potentially lost some of what COH is. We didn't want to change the game fundamentally, we only wanted to improve on it.

As for other changes, it's hard to see in gameplay video with short clips, but we've added a number of new shaders, new lighting... the snow is really something cool. On DX11, the vehicles actually deform the snow with their treads (or as you can see with the infantry, footfalls). On lower DX versions, it just leaves a spline so gameplay won't change in that respect.

In addition, we've done a lot of optimization to get the engine running better than it did in CoH1 or DoWII - one of the biggest complaints of the original was the beefy machine needed, so we wanted to address that, too.

So if my laptop can run vcoh on low settings with about 20fps I'll be fine for CoH2?
7 Dec 2012, 22:30 PM

you can notice the new lights in 2:35 of that Dev's diary video. Explosions with lights.
7 Dec 2012, 22:32 PM
Caster Badge

Well also in the gameplay trailer moemntarily, when the tiger moves in and knocks out a T-70 by the end. Lights up the entire area.

very nice lighting effects :)

And some of the images from the gamerzine preview really show off some impressive graphics.
7 Dec 2012, 23:01 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS