Login

russian armor

Please address cheaters Relic

4 Sep 2013, 00:21 AM

I would say that (amended percentage based off answers) of my games are lost due to suspected cheating. I'm not real hack/cheat savvy, but here are some examples.

2v2 - Ostwind or P4 in 5-6 mins. Not so common, and achievable with fuel caches and time, but there were none.

Any game type (mainly 1v1) - about to win, enemy has 2 units on the map (after killing all his tanks, mgs, grens, pgs and flame trucks), hard fought battle as every soviet battle is, and suddenly freeze lag, then I'm kicked.

Mostly 2v2 - standby, either right at the start of match, or towards end when we miraculously turn the tide of battle.

Intermittent lagging, or vote kick on a single player on my team that I don't see the vote for. Usually the person targeted is doing the best in the team.

I also have checked some stats of people who I suspect. This is what I have seen in the medium for some players. Lvl 100, 5-10 wins for each type (some have significantly more usually in 2v2), 30-50 hours gameplay in COH2.

I am sure there is an explanation for some of these people, but when you get suspicious gameplay and those stats, then I start to wonder.

I get so frustrated and angry when I am about to get a hard earned win with soviets, only to have it ripped away. Not only that, it is such a shame that a game like this, which is very intense to say the least, can end in such a disappointing fashion.

Please do something to alleviate or remedy these problems, even if they are worse or not as bad as I see them.

EDIT:
1.amended percentage
2. Note: Australian player, this might explain a lot of the problems, that and p2p
4 Sep 2013, 00:42 AM

Permanently Banned
I would say that 70% of my games are lost due to suspected cheating.

I guess 70% of people know things you don't, then, and are immoral cheaters.

Yeah, that sounds probable! Probably more likely you need to take your meds.
4 Sep 2013, 00:50 AM

I guess he is 70% whiner and 70% noob to a combined 140% mimimi ;)
4 Sep 2013, 00:53 AM

I guess 70% of people know things you don't, then, and are immoral cheaters.

Yeah, that sounds probable! Probably more likely you need to take your meds.

If this is sarcasm, it is poorly executed.

In any case your redundant comment could be put elsewhere, perhaps in a thread more aimed at trolling?
4 Sep 2013, 00:54 AM

I guess he is 70% whiner and 70% noob to a combined 140% mimimi ;)

So winning by playing the game is considered whining and noobish? I believe you could also be part of the problem.
4 Sep 2013, 09:18 AM
Benefactor 115

never heard of anyone losing to "suspected cheating"!
Please watch the replays from their side, upload it and tell exactly where the cheating is; other than that it's just whining.
4 Sep 2013, 09:25 AM

Yeah sorry man. If you're going to make these claims at least support them with replays. This has the benefits of both proving your point and incriminating the cheaters to Relic.

Otherwise it just sounds like you're upset that you're losing, and looking for excuses to get the burden of the loss off of yourself.
4 Sep 2013, 10:35 AM

2v2 - Ostwind or P4 in 5-6 mins. Not so common, and achievable with fuel caches and time, but there were none.

Replay?
4 Sep 2013, 11:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Please DON'T post replays of suspected cheaters here in public!! If you suspect cheating, email them to info@relic.com. We don't want to have public accusations here.

Regarding 70% of your games containing cheaters. I highly doubt this and cannot say the same from my experience. It rather seems like you don't understand the game mechanics and the meta enough to judge what is a cheat and what is just good play.

Judging from my CoH1 experience. 90% of people accusing you of cheating have no clue.
4 Sep 2013, 11:29 AM

Ok, maybe 70 percent was a bit high.

I would still say 50-50 tho.

So you tell me, lagging out for no apparent reason, then being kicked at the very last 5 points is not suspicious? And that's just one of the example.

I have played COH for about 4.5 years now, and I've seen all the similar tell-tales from the original.

I have sent replays to relic.

I do understand game mechanics. I don't accuse lightly.

I started this thread simply to see what other people's thoughts are, which has disappointed me so far. Also, to see if anyone else has suspicions of cheating and what new forms they might be taking.
4 Sep 2013, 11:33 AM

Yeah sorry man. If you're going to make these claims at least support them with replays. This has the benefits of both proving your point and incriminating the cheaters to Relic.

Otherwise it just sounds like you're upset that you're losing, and looking for excuses to get the burden of the loss off of yourself.

I understand how it would seem that way, but I assure you, this is not the reason. Over 4.5 years of playing this game, I am well accustomed to loss.
4 Sep 2013, 12:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

dropping at the last 5 points is suspicious i agree.... A fast arriving Ostwind or similar things however are most likely due to legit reasons. 50% is really a lot. I am quite sure that its below 5%, drophackers excluded.
4 Sep 2013, 13:12 PM

I have sent replays to relic.

Being in agreement with OnkelSam, would you be so kind as to inform us if and when Relic has replied to you?
4 Sep 2013, 14:37 PM

LOL, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. 70% of just your losses are from cheaters. What are all your wins from? Using your 1337 skills to beat them so quickly they don't have time to cheat? I'm sure your grades in school were the teacher's fault too.

More likely you are looking for something other than yourself to blame losses on, you have a spotty connection (also accounting for your apparent early game lag issue), or you have graphic setting issues that are causing problems/lag.

Post replays if you really want to figure out why you lost and improve from the critique, otherwise as others have said you are just complaining and that doesn't help anything.
4 Sep 2013, 14:53 PM

Permanently Banned
I think a more accurate figure of the % of cheaters in CoH2 is more like 0.7%.
Its more likely your shitty connection or too high settings on your wooden PC is responsible for that 70%.

Ran a quick google search for cheat programs and didnt come up with much.

And you have to be frankly retarded to actually run an executable third-party file on your PC...
4 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM

Have only really run into blatant drop hacking two or three times, and a look at their record on the ladder showed it (~100 games played, 30 disputes, 12 drops). The other things you mentioned, please post a replay, or your in-game senses are exceptionally skewed.
4 Sep 2013, 15:12 PM

Sorry for noob question but how is droping a hack?...You drop and you receive XP or something?
4 Sep 2013, 15:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

intentionally dropping the connection in a peer to peer game results in the end of the game, while the system/server has no chance to know who was the one who lost the connection. Therefore, an arbitration system has to be utilized to declare the winner. This may result in a win for the one who was losing and thus dropping.

For this reason a trust system is installed which in the long run will make sure that people who drop often will usually get the loss
4 Sep 2013, 15:28 PM

Wow,didn't know this...Thank you for the info ;)
5 Sep 2013, 01:41 AM

LOL, do you realize how ridiculous that sounds. 70% of just your losses are from cheaters. What are all your wins from? Using your 1337 skills to beat them so quickly they don't have time to cheat? I'm sure your grades in school were the teacher's fault too.

More likely you are looking for something other than yourself to blame losses on, you have a spotty connection (also accounting for your apparent early game lag issue), or you have graphic setting issues that are causing problems/lag.

Post replays if you really want to figure out why you lost and improve from the critique, otherwise as others have said you are just complaining and that doesn't help anything.

I can't even remember school, so ur douche personal attack is redundant. I have already admitted my estimate might be way too high. I appreciate all those who have set me straight, but not you. I also want to say my connection is never a problem. P2p is a real problem tho.

Next time read the whole thread, as you would know that posting vids of suspected cheaters is not for public viewing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81
Poland 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment