Login

russian armor

Sov snipers post scout car stage

30 Aug 2013, 22:54 PM

If you don't kill the sov snipers early, let's say they are doing reasonable well with their other units even when retreating snipers early and repeateadly vs german t2 scoutcars, what units are people wiping sov snipes with in the phase after guards are out and both sides have good support for their units?
31 Aug 2013, 06:08 AM

I'd like to know this too, if they're supported it's really tricky.

Barring a soviet mistake that lets you get a scoutcar in close the only thing i've had a little success with is artillery (mortars) The napalm strike from the mortar HT hits a large enough area to have a good chance at burning the sniper or at least making it run home.

I've not tried the panzerwerfer much i'd imagine it's similar, hope for a lucky hit.
31 Aug 2013, 22:30 PM

I tend to run snipers often and German mortars/ mortar tracks have a pretty good record against them. If the soviet player isn't completely on top of it ( and sometimes even if ) a stray round does eventually catch the sniper.
3 Sep 2013, 09:28 AM

From a soviet player's perspective, I find my impact with a sniper is lessened if my opponent has good reinforcement support such as a half track or a command bunker. That way, my sniper forces less retreats and just drains manpower very slowly. Eventually I will have to move since a sniper who is in one spot for too long is a dead sniper.

Other than that, don't let a sniper get sprint. It can be nasty.
13 Sep 2013, 03:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

It's a tough situation, but you have to cram your army down his throat. I suggest attacking from 2-3 sides. The situation changes based on the terrain at hand, but I would suggest a scout car, a FHT, a sniper of your own, a mortar, and a couple grens. Basically, you have to overwhelm the line. If he's not microing his snipers well, mortar barrage them. Push in through the front with infantry and snipe the guards with your sniper (keep it away from his snipers) and use the grens to go in head first. Swing around the scout car or FHT from the side and come up behind the snipers, while he is hopefully distracted by the push in the front. There is no great way to deal with a well micro'd sniper + guards + cons combo. This works if they have guards + cons up front, and snipers in the back.

If he's just got a blob of guards and snipers hanging out together, just mortar barrage them.
13 Sep 2013, 15:15 PM

From a soviet player's perspective, I find my impact with a sniper is lessened if my opponent has good reinforcement support such as a half track or a command bunker. That way, my sniper forces less retreats and just drains manpower very slowly. Eventually I will have to move since a sniper who is in one spot for too long is a dead sniper.

Other than that, don't let a sniper get sprint. It can be nasty.

+1 Getting and KEEPING a half-track will help. Focusing on killing the "conscript body guards" to the sniper helps too. If you can take out the "unit protecting the sniper" you can RUSH in your scout car/half-track when he retreats one or both of them.

Also, focus on taking the map. If you do this, he will start to try to cap points with his sniper..... *folds fingers together* this is good.

mortar i fell are good ONLY in T1, so after T1 they get worse and worse and i feel they are draining my pop-cap/manpower by staying.
Mortar half-track is BETTER and SOOOO VERSITILE but it's 40 fuel and forces you to 2 doctrines and isn't reailable very early (but i think early enough if he has 1-2 sniper /1-1 sniper/guard on the field).

TLDR; half-track preservation. Focus on capping the map. Sureiguessmortarhalftrack.
20 Sep 2013, 23:59 PM

grenadier rifle grenade
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 71
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %