Login

russian armor

Conscript Vet Ability: "Trip Wire"

26 Aug 2013, 20:14 PM

I think I remembered seeing a topic, or within a topic, that the Constript 'Trip Wire' vet ability killed a model, when triggered.

Is this true? or am I thinking it is better than it actually is?
27 Aug 2013, 00:21 AM

It is true. It kills one man and reveals the location, making it an actually pretty good ability for just 10 munitions. The enemy squad can't really fight you with one man down and you see which unit(s) are there so you can send in an appropriate response.
27 Aug 2013, 00:30 AM

Does anyone know then wether the trip wire would insta kill a german sniper if he tripped the trap?
27 Aug 2013, 00:41 AM
Donator 11

wow didnt know this
27 Aug 2013, 00:47 AM

This doesn't always kill a man in the squad though does it? I ask this because this ability is like never used against me. I use it a bit and have been doing it more but I sometimes still see 4 men in the squad when it goes up. It does kill though, I have seen it a number of times.

I ain't to concerned about the kills, I use it primarily for the vision but it would be nice to know.
27 Aug 2013, 01:43 AM

I have definitely seen it get tripped and not kill people before.
27 Aug 2013, 08:44 AM

It seems random, sometimes it doesn't mange to kill a single pioneer and other times it kills a PG.
27 Aug 2013, 22:53 PM

I'll certainly try and use these more often. Would anyone recommend on how to use them the most effectively in conjunction with mines?
For example should you place them before the mine, the same square as the mine, after the mine or nowhere near any mines you've planted but just put these down instead of mines? Any ideas?
28 Aug 2013, 00:03 AM

I've used it about 5 times since beta and never seen it kill a guy.
28 Aug 2013, 07:23 AM

It won't kill always 1 man of a squad with full life. I think you have to see which unit is taking the dmg of it, cause a gren has a bigger chance to survive without losses than a pioneer
28 Aug 2013, 16:04 PM

I didn't know it even had the potential to kill a model. I'll have to try to use it more.
28 Aug 2013, 18:46 PM

Cool, good to know, I never really use this ability. How is the vision? Does it provide as much as the Soviet sniper flare?

Edit: On a similar note...can mine sweepers detect them?
28 Aug 2013, 20:07 PM

yep this ability has the same vision like the Sniper flare.
its a great additional feature. in Starcraft 2 u have to scout with ur workers/Overlords^^ here in CoH 2 u need to place some Trip wires :P
13 Sep 2013, 20:06 PM

This doesn't always kill a man in the squad though does it? I ask this because this ability is like never used against me. I use it a bit and have been doing it more but I sometimes still see 4 men in the squad when it goes up. It does kill though, I have seen it a number of times.

I ain't to concerned about the kills, I use it primarily for the vision but it would be nice to know.

The trip wire does 80 damage, I believe, and the kill factor is largely influenced by the vet of the unit I've found. The armor bonuses infantry get at vet 2 typically will stop an outright kill from happening. I do have a shoutcast by propagandacaster on Youtube where I use at least 10-15 trip mines throughout the match and they don't always get a kill, but the chance is pretty high.
13 Sep 2013, 20:08 PM

Cool, good to know, I never really use this ability. How is the vision? Does it provide as much as the Soviet sniper flare?

Edit: On a similar note...can mine sweepers detect them?

Mine sweepers can detect them and they will be automatically removed if they are revealed by mine sweepers. They are damn hard to see even if they are revealed, however, so you may reveal them, but walk right past them allowing them to be hidden again. I love these little mines to death and use them every match.
16 Sep 2013, 19:58 PM

The trip wire does 80 damage, I believe, and the kill factor is largely influenced by the vet of the unit I've found. The armor bonuses infantry get at vet 2 typically will stop an outright kill from happening. I do have a shoutcast by propagandacaster on Youtube where I use at least 10-15 trip mines throughout the match and they don't always get a kill, but the chance is pretty high.

This might be true, but I think it's still random. I tested this mine and some times it kills vet 0 PG and other times it can't kill a vet 0 pioneer.

Mine sweepers can detect them and they will be automatically removed if they are revealed by mine sweepers. They are damn hard to see even if they are revealed, however, so you may reveal them, but walk right past them allowing them to be hidden again. I love these little mines to death and use them every match.

Can you please share one reply showing this? I would love to see how 10-15 mines influence the game.
30 Sep 2013, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2013, 19:58 PMAbdul

This might be true, but I think it's still random. I tested this mine and some times it kills vet 0 PG and other times it can't kill a vet 0 pioneer.

Can you please share one reply showing this? I would love to see how 10-15 mines influence the game.

Just go to youtube and type in "JackTheRooster vs SageOfTheSix Propagandcaster" and you'll see my replay. I have 3 up actually with Propagandacaster and I use vet 1 mines in every game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
South Africa 2
Germany 737
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %