Login

russian armor

Need some mod info

17 Jun 2018, 16:39 PM

This is actually vet 1 from the default churchill the vanilla game. I only change the requirement to an upgrade.

This is the Improved Fortification upgrade from commander:
"upgrade\british\items\improved_fortifcation_squad"

This is a light sniper team based on the soviet sniper team, but with a custom weapon. This weapon doesn't have the soldier_sniped critical, but deals 55-90 damage. Each vet adds a little damage, so at vet 3 they are real snipers.

thanks.

17 pounder crew

No didn't work the weapon crew still in middle of the gun when it comes out off map
17 Jun 2018, 19:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

17 pounder crew

No didn't work the weapon crew still in middle of the gun when it comes out off map

I did try several things and ended up with a hacky workaround:
  • Clone the 6 pounder in ebps. (I also used the original 6 pounder sbps file)
  • Copy the crew_ext, weapon_ext and blueprint_ext from the 17 pounder.
  • Add the following in action_apply:
    • build variable : 1
    • maingun_visibility : on
    • apply_crew_action Gunner
    • apply_crew_action Gunner_seated
    • apply_crew_action Loader
    • And one additional requirement_action.
      requirement: required_not : required_in_state : not_moving
      action:

• Then set in team_weapon_ext > disable garrisson : true and clear the role_list
The model is clearly never designed to be moveable, the squadmembers don't walk forward, only sideways. The gun itself will now be counted as a squad member (so it cannot get abandoned), and the 3 crew animators are not counted.. but the visuals are mostly good ;)

17 Jun 2018, 22:14 PM

I did try several things and ended up with a hacky workaround:
  • Clone the 6 pounder in ebps. (I also used the original 6 pounder sbps file)
  • Copy the crew_ext, weapon_ext and blueprint_ext from the 17 pounder.
  • Add the following in action_apply:
    • build variable : 1
    • maingun_visibility : on
    • apply_crew_action Gunner
    • apply_crew_action Gunner_seated
    • apply_crew_action Loader
    • And one additional requirement_action.
      action:

• Then set in team_weapon_ext > disable garrisson : true and clear the role_list
The model is clearly never designed to be moveable, the squadmembers don't walk forward, only sideways. The gun itself will now be counted as a squad member (so it cannot get abandoned), and the 3 crew animators are not counted.. but the visuals are mostly good ;)

I clone the 6 pounder in both ebps & sbps

I did this in ebps but did I do it right??

action:

I can't find 'not_moving'!! do I have to put a 'actions' in the sbps as well?

They don't pick up the gun like in your image when moving it, it just slides on the map

18 Jun 2018, 04:22 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I can't find 'not_moving'!! do I have to put a 'actions' in the sbps as well?

I should be more specific, but I meant this:

They will now lift the gun when it moves, but I think it can be perfected when the sbps/squad_team_weapon_ext/in_setup_action is used. The first 2 seconds of the animation is that they start lifting the gun. This should happen when to gun is not in setup, but before they move actually. Can you try this? I don't have time to try it now, maybe around Wednesday.
18 Jun 2018, 16:28 PM

I should be more specific, but I meant this:

They will now lift the gun when it moves, but I think it can be perfected when the sbps/squad_team_weapon_ext/in_setup_action is used. The first 2 seconds of the animation is that they start lifting the gun. This should happen when to gun is not in setup, but before they move actually. Can you try this? I don't have time to try it now, maybe around Wednesday.

I didn't understand the part 'animation' do you mean animator_set_state?

In sbps\squad_team_weapon_ext\in_setup_action I added the animator_set_state. the crew lifts the gun when it enters the map but the wheels of the gun don't move it just slides also when it moves the crew and gun just slides on the map I can't get the crew to walk side ways with the gun this needs to be fixed.

Also I did try the apply_crew_action but then the gun enter the map the crew didn't lift the gun, if you use the "animator_set_state" it dose.

As you can see the gun fires and the crew reloads the gun

In the ebps copy the ui_ext from the 17 pounder and paste it in your new 17 pounder to show the icon and info in game.

18 Jun 2018, 17:55 PM

The howitzer emplacement is a clone of the 17 pdr emplamcement. I replaced the gun and the model of the pit. The emplacement in sbps has a loadout_ext with the pit and the gun. You should point the gun to your file. Then clone the pit in ebps and use this blueprint: "armies\common\structures\artillerypit\artillerypit".

Good luck!

I did what you said but this happens, the sappers builds the pit but the gun & crew get destroyed

19 Jun 2018, 17:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I did what you said but this happens, the sappers builds the pit but the gun & crew get destroyed

This happend to me a lot when I made new emplacements. Can you verify the following:
  • ebps/construction_ext/on_construction_squad of the pit points to your sbps file
  • sbps/loadout_ext points to your constructed pit and the gun
  • don't add the crewmembers in sbps, but use ebps/crew_ext in you gun instead
  • remove construction_ext from the gun, the pit should be build (add the pit to your engineers)
  • remove also teamweapon_ext and site_ext from the gun in ebps
20 Jun 2018, 10:41 AM

This happend to me a lot when I made new emplacements. Can you verify the following:
  • ebps/construction_ext/on_construction_squad of the pit points to your sbps file
  • sbps/loadout_ext points to your constructed pit and the gun
  • don't add the crewmembers in sbps, but use ebps/crew_ext in you gun instead
  • remove construction_ext from the gun, the pit should be build (add the pit to your engineers)
  • remove also teamweapon_ext and site_ext from the gun in ebps

Thanks again.:)

My problem is the soviet 152mm gun.

sbps/loadout_ext points to your constructed pit and the gun - I left out the pit part.
don't add the crewmembers in sbps, but use ebps/crew_ext in you gun instead - if I take out the crew in sbps there will be no crew on the soviet 152mm gun also there is no ebps/crew_ext - I did add the ebps/crew_ext but it didn't work first time
remove also teamweapon_ext and site_ext from the gun in ebps - the pit and gun can now be build but no crew how to fix this please

And when I did add the ebps/crew_ext and sbps/loadout_ext crew they stand in the middle of the gun.

Because of the soviet 152mm gun problem, I made the british 25 pounder again it the same problem with it's weapon crew not coming out like the 152mm gun also the gun don't move to fire it weapon. maybe I need to change the abp file?

did you read my other reply about the 17 pounder gun!

In sbps\squad_team_weapon_ext\in_setup_action I added the animator_set_state. the crew lifts the gun when it enters the map but the wheels of the gun don't move it just slides also when it moves the crew and gun just slides on the map I can't get the crew to walk side ways with the gun this needs to be fixed if it can!.
23 Jun 2018, 17:12 PM

SneakEye need you help mate
23 Jun 2018, 20:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Sorry for my absence, I was a little bussy.

don't add the crewmembers in sbps, but use ebps/crew_ext in you gun instead - if I take out the crew in sbps there will be no crew on the soviet 152mm gun also there is no ebps/crew_ext - I did add the ebps/crew_ext but it didn't work first time

I tried and this should add the crew to your 152mm gun gun:

I did a lot of try on error when I made my 25 pdr. I cannot tell what fixes the animation for me, but it was a combination of many changes in the weapon, ability and sbps. I only know that I didn't edit the abp.

did you read my other reply about the 17 pounder gun!

In sbps\squad_team_weapon_ext\in_setup_action I added the animator_set_state. the crew lifts the gun when it enters the map but the wheels of the gun don't move it just slides also when it moves the crew and gun just slides on the map I can't get the crew to walk side ways with the gun this needs to be fixed if it can!.

The animation_set_state : "pivot" = "on". This includes lifting the gun and then keeping it up. "off" drops the gun and then keeps it on the ground. The image that I sent works, but they lifted the gun to late because this animation starts when you move. Did you try this to start with?

My suggestion was to use the in_setup_action to start the animation "on" because there's a moment that the gun is not in setup and not moving, that's the moment where the gun must be lifted, but I'm not sure how yet.
24 Jun 2018, 00:32 AM

thanks for coming back also the help, let you know on Monday if things workout if not then I will just keep the 152mm as it is.
24 Jun 2018, 17:52 PM

Thank again I made the first artillery pit and it worked like you said it would. But the 152mm is a big gun and the pit is small as you see.

So I change it for the 17 pounder large pit what do you think looks better!

Also I made the British panther Cuckoo tank.

Last I made the aef dodge with the brits crew and an upgraded on the 50 cal

let them burn 120 land mattress phosphorus rockets.

I am nearly done with the brits next will be the Americans,Soviets,German,then last West Germans all unit's in my mod have more fire power, build faster, and cost cheaper to build and tanks, last bigger squads and having more unit's on the map. I am not into balance, or strategy.

Do you know how to change the tank skins also soldiers skins?

24 Jun 2018, 18:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

But the 152mm is a big gun and the pit is small as you see.

So I change it for the 17 pounder large pit what do you think looks better!

I prefer the large pit :)

Also I made the British panther Cuckoo tank all I need to do now is change the skin?

In ebps/ui_ext, you can set "skin_summer" to "british_0001_summer" for example. Also set "skin_pack_override" to true. The name can be found in the categorie "inventory > skin_pack" / skin_name. I use the asset_browser of janne252 to preview the skins, the names start with "Icons_swatches_preview_preview_".

Last I made the aef dodge with the brits crew and an upgraded on the 50 cal
let them burn 136 land mattress phosphorus rockets

It's great to see that you've have become more familiar with the tools already, nice job!
24 Jun 2018, 18:35 PM

I prefer the large pit :)

In ebps/ui_ext, you can set "skin_summer" to "british_0001_summer" for example. Also set "skin_pack_override" to true. The name can be found in the categorie "inventory > skin_pack" / skin_name. I use the asset_browser of janne252 to preview the skins, the names start with "Icons_swatches_preview_preview_".

It's great to see that you've have become more familiar with the tools already, nice job!

I couldn't have done this without your help COH was very good and easy to learn but COH 2 change allot and it confused me at first, but now I have some know how the tools work I have come this far but I am stopping my mod will never be Awesome like your mod but I don't need a balance mod that's why I build my own I like hundreds of units on them map like hell on earth battles and allots of damage on the map at the same time, yes I am crazy but I made COH mod the same way.

btw can I use any COH icons into COH2? and but last thing how change the brits para squad berets?

25 Jun 2018, 16:43 PM

Hi SneakEye need to fix a few things then I am done with the brits

1. sapper flamethrower texture is missing

2. 152mm The loader don't show the gun shell then loading the gun now?.

3. the new British panther tank don't show the british_0002_summer skin, with skin_pack_override = true

Last how to add a paratroopers to the british,
26 Jun 2018, 19:42 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

btw can I use any COH icons into COH2?

I use this site to search for coh1 icons: http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images
All images are linked under the subtitle "Subcategories".

and but last thing how change the brits para squad berets?

There are two models, the green beret commando: "armies\british\soldiers\commando\commando"
and the red beret officer: "armies\british\soldiers\officer\officer"

1. sapper flamethrower texture is missing

This is a bug in the model, nobody knows how to fix it yet. The vanilla game has the same issue.

2. 152mm The loader don't show the gun shell then loading the gun now?.

I managed to re-create this behavior. The solution is to set the variable "build" to 1. Just like you did for the 17 pdr gun.

3. the new British panther tank don't show the british_0002_summer skin, with skin_pack_override = true

Skins are faction bound. So you can only apply german and okw skins to the panther (since the panther exists in both factions)

Last how to add a paratroopers to the british,

You can add the parachute in the .abp file, but the landing animation is mysteriously only available to the us paratroopers and fallschirmjagers. I recommend to clone the us paratroopers and edit that squad. If you choose to use a british model, then add this line to the abp file: "..\\..\\..\\aef\\props\\aef_parachute\\aef_parachute",
27 Jun 2018, 00:32 AM

I use this site to search for coh1 icons: http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Images
All images are linked under the subtitle "Subcategories".

There are two models, the green beret commando: "armies\british\soldiers\commando\commando"
and the red beret officer: "armies\british\soldiers\officer\officer"

This is a bug in the model, nobody knows how to fix it yet. The vanilla game has the same issue.

I managed to re-create this behavior. The solution is to set the variable "build" to 1. Just like you did for the 17 pdr gun.

Skins are faction bound. So you can only apply german and okw skins to the panther (since the panther exists in both factions)

You can add the parachute in the .abp file, but the landing animation is mysteriously only available to the us paratroopers and fallschirmjagers. I recommend to clone the us paratroopers and edit that squad. If you choose to use a british model, then add this line to the abp file: "..\\..\\..\\aef\\props\\aef_parachute\\aef_parachute",

Thanks again.

It's a shame there is a bug, but I have now change it to german flamethrower.
is there a way of changing the red beret officer to black?
it's a pity I couldn't change the panther it don't matter now. but thanks :)
Now will have to edit the commando abp file again with yours thanks for the info:)

1. In ebps do I have to edit the paradrop_exit? if I change to the brits commando or leave it to aef!
2. The sbps\races\british\soldiers\commando_squad\infiltration_commando_squad_mp is the same has the sbps\races\aef\soldiers\paratrooper_squad\paratrooper_squad_mp do I just leave it?

Before you replied to me I edit the abp file what did I do wrong below?.

but it turn out like this on map funny:D

then I change it again same what did I do wrong again?

but it made no differences
27 Jun 2018, 10:55 AM

I did had this to the abp file it works but the parachute don't leave the units when they hit the ground

27 Jun 2018, 17:09 PM

this COH2 is worst then COH now I can't even change the brits weapons over I wanted a tompson, and rifle m1 garand also rifle g43 sniper

I added a commando tompson squad then commando m1 garand squad and commando g43 sniper squad but when they enter the map they are in blue box RGM?

so is it true you can't change the weaopn on commando's? the tommys can have different weaopn but not commando's?

so I made the same above but with tommy but now the unit's come out but without the guns!

The tommy Thompson squad comes out with the weapon also the tommy g43 sniper squad but not the m1 garand?

this is the tommy abp that I edit

27 Jun 2018, 17:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It is possible to change their weapons. Could you post a copy of your commando.abp?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS