Login

russian armor

So does no one care that Relic is recycling maps?

27 Aug 2013, 16:50 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2013, 15:56 PMSepha

I care, it's excellent and I care enough that I will play more of CoH2 just to play on the old vcoh maps because they are great!

Post upvoted. This is exactly how I feel. In fact, I'm thrilled! So many great SNF and tourney memories on Semois. The Swedish vid http://www.fz.se/filmer/20130827/company-of-heroes-2-semoskiy-multiplayer-map/ reveals a winter version too. Can't wait to see what Semois will be like with crossable rivers and the lake. Can't wait to see a tank sink in that lake for the first time. :drool:
28 Aug 2013, 02:25 AM

Everyone loves to see a new spin on an old favorite. Don't make stupid posts. Why did coca cola ever change their label? Omg, they are recycling their product.
28 Aug 2013, 14:18 PM

Fully disagree

The game can only be better if it includes best things from COH (like community favorite maps)
combined with new and innovative COH2 features

I don't believe it will stop Relic working on new maps if thats your concern.........
28 Aug 2013, 15:03 PM

I must agree with the OP this is a new game so I want to see new maps, not a new game with old maps. I would just play vcoh if I wanted to see the same old thing we had since 2006. This shows lack of creativity by relic and no ability to do something fresh or worthy of $60 usd investment.
28 Aug 2013, 15:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Everyone loves to see a new spin on an old favorite. Don't make stupid posts. Why did coca cola ever change their label? Omg, they are recycling their product.

also the fact that they don't change there recipe like ever or hardly ever. ;)
28 Aug 2013, 16:01 PM

I don't care if they use maps from COH1, they're new to me ;)

But I don't see why it should be cause for concern if Relic recycles old COH1 maps. They've IIRC already announced that they're going to be working on all new maps going forward, right?
28 Aug 2013, 16:08 PM

I don't care if they use maps from COH1, they're new to me ;)

But I don't see why it should be cause for concern if Relic recycles old COH1 maps. They've IIRC already announced that they're going to be working on all new maps going forward, right?

I think you should buy yourself a copy of COH 1 and see what you were missing out on....best $5 you'll ever spend.

That THQ Humble Bundle was awesome.
28 Aug 2013, 16:20 PM

I actually got the Collector's Edition so I do have it. However, if I want to play PVP in a Relic game, I think COH2 is my best bet at this point.

I'll probably go through the COH campaigns at some point but COH2 is keeping me busy for now.
28 Aug 2013, 16:26 PM

I actually got the Collector's Edition so I do have it. However, if I want to play PVP in a Relic game, I think COH2 is my best bet at this point.

I'll probably go through the COH campaigns at some point but COH2 is keeping me busy for now.

I don't know about that.....maybe you should try a PvP in COH1.

I suggest you try German as they play similar to COH2.
28 Aug 2013, 21:18 PM

I dont like that coh1 maps dont seem balanced for coh2. top on langreskaya is in a weaker position than the bottom, and semois seems like its gonna suffer from similar problems with the chokepoints and base locations in relation to the main battle areas (ie. idf into south base is much easier than the top).

I like that they are bringing the map but they should modify the gameplay on them to better suit the balance of coh2, not just do vanilla ports.
3 Sep 2013, 03:44 AM

Are you serious? The old maps are awesome, and it's a great way to keep people happy till they come out with new maps. They aren't asking money for them. If they were then you could complain like you are doing currently, so stop complaining and actually enjoy the fact that we are getting new maps.
5 Sep 2013, 03:11 AM

Oh boy would I love to see Rails and Metal and Angoville remakes. Also I don't see why more maps to the rotation is a bad thing give them time
8 Sep 2013, 01:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2013, 03:11 AMBaroof
Oh boy would I love to see Rails and Metal and Angoville remakes. Also I don't see why more maps to the rotation is a bad thing give them time

Having more maps is not a bad thing.

Having more maps that are not particularly balanced for coh2 and increase the chance of negatively impacting a player's ELO ranking if they get a bad spawn is not good for the health of competitive play
8 Sep 2013, 02:18 AM

Seeing how vCOH is better than COH2 in most areas, maps included, I think its a good thing that they start copying moore stuff from the better game.
8 Sep 2013, 02:27 AM

IMO Langres has always been imbalanced in term of spawning and faction: bottom better, Wehrmacht (super pak) and Ostehr (super HMG) both favoured.

Nonetheless the quality of vCOH maps seemsd largely superior to me so I welcome any new maps that will let me play on different maps! I welcome diversity all day!!
21 Sep 2013, 10:15 AM

Personally, I think that remaking best old maps are as much important like making new ones... I wasn't following CoH2 during most of summer and After I saw balance patches + easter front remix of Langres & Semois I was very pleased... IMHO, old maps are very nice touch for all vCoH players :-).

EDIT_1:
Also I would like to say Hello to all users of COH2.org o7.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★