Login

russian armor

Soviet Sniper Fixed ?

2 Sep 2013, 22:56 PM

The German sniper is not meant to be a counter to the Russian sniper so I wish people would stop comparing them that way.

I guess it's true in the sense that if he has gone tier 2, then you might want a German sniper and he would not have one to counter it with (and would have to build tier 1 to get it. So I guess the German sniper becomes a response play to tier 2).
I guess people don't like the fact this makes the Soviet sniper the hard counter to the sniper. Russian mortars are more inaccurate than the German ones so no real hope there.
2 Sep 2013, 23:51 PM

I'll just add that according to game stats, German sniper shoots around 39% faster than the soviet sniper at near range (10 and less) and his advantage gets worse with range and ends up at around 15% faster at max range (50).
3 Sep 2013, 00:11 AM

I'll just add that according to game stats, German sniper shoots around 39% faster than the soviet sniper at near range (10 and less) and his advantage gets worse with range and ends up at around 15% faster at max range (50).

They should have made the sniper shoot speed consistent at all ranges. What kind of sniper would need to fight at point blank range...
3 Sep 2013, 01:40 AM

They should have made the sniper shoot speed consistent at all ranges. What kind of sniper would need to fight at point blank range...

To be fair, the further away a sniper is IRL WW2, the longer he will probably need to aim.
3 Sep 2013, 02:16 AM

That should be changed. It should take a german sniper around the same amount of time to take out 6 men as it does for a soviet sniper to take out 4.
3 Sep 2013, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2013, 01:40 AMJonky

To be fair, the further away a sniper is IRL WW2, the longer he will probably need to aim.

Gameplay > Realism. What use is a sniper in CoH at close range - any sniper that close deserves to be instantly killed by gunfire.
3 Sep 2013, 07:50 AM

It might be true about the german sniper being a response to russian t2. However, I liked the idea in vcoh that you could always mix in a well microed sniper into your build, and it would pay off. The sniper meta from vCoH might not come back, but I'm just saying that german and russian snipers should have an equal chance of killing each other.

It's just that when a german player sees russian sniper(s) he's like "oh shit better get a scoutcar(or a less effective mortar if i dont have t2 yet)". Meanwhile if a german sniper hits the field the russian is like "meh my conscripts can hurrah in and kill it at some stage, or my m3, or my sniper, or my zis barrage, or my mortar or etc etc".

The point is the "oh shit a sniper" factor is only there for one faction and not really the other.
3 Sep 2013, 15:25 PM

Permanently Banned
This RoF depending on range is crap.

Give it the same decrew speed as Sov Sniper, in proportion, and we can see about survival buff needs thereafter.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★