Login

russian armor

Worse patch in history !!

23 Aug 2013, 05:20 AM

This patch is so poor i don't know where to start!!! This update ruined any chance of a Russian fair fight against the Germans. The infantry is totally broken even in green cover. I used to be ably to handle anything the German player had just with my conscripts.. Now they cant even take on Pios.. Just terrible!
23 Aug 2013, 05:28 AM

I used to be ably to handle anything the German player had just with my conscripts..

Lol, yeah that was balanced.

Not disagreeing with you though, Germans definitely seem a little too powerful this patch.
23 Aug 2013, 05:28 AM

This doesn't make any sense - the patch didn't actually DO anything to infantry unit stats.

The only "buff" for germans vs. infantry was the scoutcar keeping its MG when it upguns...
23 Aug 2013, 05:49 AM

This doesn't make any sense - the patch didn't actually DO anything to infantry unit stats.

The only "buff" for germans vs. infantry was the scoutcar keeping its MG when it upguns...

There's an indirect buff through clown cars now being more useless than ever thanks to increased scout car (hard counter) performance as well as increased faust damage. Oh and rifle nade refund so you have way more munitions available as germans if you choose to use that.
23 Aug 2013, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 05:49 AMCruzz

Oh and rifle nade refund so you have way more munitions available as germans if you choose to use that.

Did they not make the rifle nade more expensive? I don't think everyone has the moment every game where they decided against the rifle nade after using it. I also wouldn't call 25 muns way more. Maybe I am missing the point here? Don't know if it was this patch or the last but the 1v1 balance is too in favour of the germans. (early game)
23 Aug 2013, 07:02 AM

Did they not make the rifle nade more expensive? I don't think everyone has the moment every game where they decided against the rifle nade after using it. I also wouldn't call 25 muns way more. Maybe I am missing the point here? Don't know if it was this patch or the last but the 1v1 balance is too in favour of the germans. (early game)

Yes they increased the cost by 5 munitions. The refund change is pretty big because now germans can constantly try to spam nades and make soviets abandon cover, just like molotovs forced germans except getting hit with a rifle nade is worse and nades actually have range so no need for the molotov suicide run.

Blaming this patch is kinda silly because the game already was pretty far in favor of the germans in the previous one, but this one certainly made that gap a bit wider again.
23 Aug 2013, 07:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Oorah was too cheap.

RNade was too cheap.

Can be cancelled like every intentional ability.

Wtf are you people whining about.
23 Aug 2013, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 07:11 AMNullist
Oorah was too cheap.

RNade was too cheap.

Can be cancelled like every intentional ability.

Wtf are you people whining about.

WTF are YOU whining about? Nobody has even said anything like that.

I'm not saying fixing the rnade is a bad thing, I'm just saying it's also a buff to germans in a situation where the germans were already superior with the broken nade.
23 Aug 2013, 07:14 AM

I really think the "fix" of the scout car really affected the game. The scout car can grab easy vet through killing any early clown car, and once it's at vet. It's starts to tear apart infantry well and can survive small arms or at guns. Before the veterancy really didn't matter due to the auto-cannon upgrade didn't include the machine gun so it couldn't tear apart infantry afterwards. They really need to adjust the scout cars vet since you get it too easily now.

Also the elefant posses a serious threat now due to the ramming patch and su-85 range speed nerf. They are extremely hard to kill, it feels like a king tiger 2.0 but you can get multiple of them. That being said, su-85 I feel is much worse after the nerf which is fine since it was ridiculous before.

That being said the patch was horrible, and simply meant for an appeasement. They should've waited for another week to fix the MG42 so we can atleast have a better state but no instead we get the worst state of the game has ever faced.
23 Aug 2013, 07:17 AM

Lol dunno how u people came to conclusion that this patch messed up units when

Its pretty clear, this patch was actually soviet buff patch (t-34 viable again YAAAY, and can defeat panzer head on WAT?)
Other changes werent that significat (finnaly bug fix on rifle nade reset, the 222 and few other units)...BTW orrahhh was one of the best and handiest abilities that deserved to be 10 muni, cuz it gave huge advantage and flexibility on battlefield for soviets

I used to be ably to handle anything the German player had just with my conscripts

Suuuuureee that seems about right, i like how immediately after loosing few games people complain ASAP on forums when clearly after patch their "strategy" isnt working anymore and call patch broken while strat was probably, bulletproof !
23 Aug 2013, 07:21 AM

Lol dunno how u people came to conclusion that this patch messed up units when

Its pretty clear, this patch was actually soviet buff patch (t-34 viable again YAAAY, and can defeat panzer head on WAT?)
Other changes werent that significat (finnaly bug fix on rifle nade reset, the 222 and few other units)...

T34 is okay, not worth going t3 for though. Su-85 got nerfed which looks minor but it heavily affected it. So I would it was a nerf
23 Aug 2013, 07:22 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 07:13 AMCruzz

WTF are YOU whining about? Nobody has even said anything like that.

I'm not saying fixing the rnade is a bad thing, I'm just saying it's also a buff to germans in a situation where the germans were already superior with the broken nade.

How is increasing the cost of RNade a buff?

How is fixing a broken game mechanic to work properly, a buff?
23 Aug 2013, 07:28 AM

T34 is okay, not worth going t3 for though. Su-85 got nerfed which looks minor but it heavily affected it. So I would it was a nerf

Actually SU-85 (after all the plies from community to nerf it a bit) got back to normal state and believe me t-34 is more than viable now, for 85 fuel u get tank that can defeat workhorse of german tanks if microed properly
23 Aug 2013, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 07:22 AMNullist

How is increasing the cost of RNade a buff?

How is fixing a broken game mechanic to work properly, a buff?

Increasing the cost isn't, but getting it fixed with only a 5 munition increase is definitely a buff.

The M10 in CoH1 had a blank shot bug that was never fixed. Removing it would've increased the dps of the thing by something like 30%. You don't think this wouldn't have been a buff? Bug fixes are most definitely effectively a nerf or a buff to something as long as the said bug had some effect on battles.
23 Aug 2013, 07:33 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 07:29 AMCruzz

Increasing the cost isn't, but getting it fixed with only a 5 munition increase is definitely a buff.

The M10 in CoH1 had a blank shot bug that was never fixed. Removing it would've increased the dps of the thing by something like 30%. You don't think this wouldn't have been a buff? Bug fixes are most definitely effectively a nerf or a buff to something as long as the said bug had some effect on battles.

Its now the way it was always supposed to be.

Sov had an unfair and unintended advantage before due to its broken status earlier.
Its not a buff. Its a fix.

It was infact NERFED by the cost increase.
raw
23 Aug 2013, 08:37 AM

at least it's not the worst patch in history!!

It's true though, German T2 can't be beaten right now. Spam Scout Cars for great justice.
23 Aug 2013, 10:29 AM

german early mid game is way OP imo (teamgames)
23 Aug 2013, 10:53 AM

The infantry is totally broken even in green cover. I used to be able to handle anything the German player had just with my conscripts

That says it all my friend, if you could defeat everything a german player has with conscripts, that just shows you how imbalanced the game was. Before this patch the soviets seemed more powerful in every area possible, both infantry and armor, tigers and panthers may as well have been taken out of the game completely they were so bad. It hasn't been worth playing as germans since the last patch, a ball of conscripts could run around the map and destroy everything with ease.

I'm not sure exactly why this patch seems so much better, because in the notes nothing major has been changed, but it does seem to have improved the game somewhat and made things more balanced.

I'll agree on one thing though, the scout car does gain veterancy too quick, but I think it should as it never stays alive that long, and a hard counter to the soviet clown car spam is much needed. Also, before this patch you couldn't do much scouting with it because it was so weak, should be quicker and have a longer sight range if you ask me, after all, it is a scout unit. In COH 1 the scout vehicles were very weak but very quick, you could scout forward positions and get out of harms way in a jiffy, now in COH 2, not so much. It only takes a single grenade to kill the scout car, whereas the clown car will take 2 panzerfausts. Because of the truesight system, scout units should be valueable, but as soon as mid game approaches, they're all useless, all scout units should get a buff in speed and sight range and be less effective against infantry.

I really don't see what the fuss is about, we can clearly see from the patch notes that nothing major has been changed, its definitely not the worst patch in history that's for sure, but maybe the previous patch was, I almost gave up playing the game after the last one, could barely win a game as germans.

Just my 2p.

Peace.
23 Aug 2013, 10:57 AM

The nerf to Oorah was huge, increasing its cost by 100%. The fact that infantry arms fire is still so weak means it will be even harder to flank and punish aggressive MG42 play. Consequently, Soviet players are likely to go T1 to get M3s or snipers to counter the MG42s (or possibly mortars instead, but they kill too slowly to be viable), and then the Germans will bring out the 222s to counter those. Of course this was happening to an extent before the patch, but the 222 buff and to a smaller extent the oorah nerf make it all the more likely.
23 Aug 2013, 11:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Oorah was spammable with impunity. Cost increase was inevitable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
Netherlands 29
unknown 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %