Login

russian armor

Worse patch in history !!

24 Aug 2013, 03:05 AM

Anyone crying about a bug fix temporarily skewing balance is retarded. The fine tuning can be done after everything is functioning as intended. These faction fanboys just need to take the dick out their ass and learn to deal with short term adversity.
24 Aug 2013, 04:51 AM
Patrion 15

I feel like the tech'ing options for the germans are much more flexible. They can go t1-t2 if on the back foot and being denied fuel early game. If the German player has a great early game, you can rush an Ostwind and really punish the soviet with no real counter until he can get an SU-85 out. I feel that the russians are too reliant on T1 and T4, and now that the German T2 is so much more powerful with a relevant scout car, the transition to the extremely strong German late game armor gives the Ruskies a limited window of opportunity to really punish the Germans.
24 Aug 2013, 06:35 AM

...you can rush an Ostwind and really punish the soviet with no real counter until he can get an SU-85 out...

The answer is new T34, just try it out.
24 Aug 2013, 07:09 AM
Donator 22

All these units have clear counters.

PGrens get wrecked by M3s, snipers, shock troops, and T70s (to use only units available around the same time, let's not bring the KV-8 into this). They get held off by Guards, Maxims, Penals, PPSh conscripts, and T34s until you can get those hard counters out in earnest.

Scout cars get wrecked by guards, AT guns and Ooorah + nade. Also, 70 ammo is a lot, so it means you will have infantry dominance since he has to cut down on riflenades and LMGs.

MG42 is over the top as of now, I agree. But M3s, snipers, mortars (dat smoke), flanking penals can give you an egde. If he's stupid enough to put them in a house, dance around it while throwing molotovs. At worst, Ooorah around them until vehicles can sweep em up. It,s what i do against MG spammers, and it works almost every time.

PIV are easy to counter unless they reach critical mass (which means you've been outplayed). AT nades from the flank, button, AT guns, T-34s can be combined onto a good anti-panzer force, and of course SU-85s still shit all over them. I still would like the T-34 to have more penetration, and maintain that both AT guns should have their accuracy buffed a lot.

So, as a Soviet player, I can honestly say that a player's skill matters far more than his faction as of now. There are some imbalances, but not enough to make either faction clearly OP. You can't blame X unit before blaming your own skill.

+1

the rifle nade must have a bigger range than a molotov in fact.
molotov-thrown : rifle nade- shot
and Im sure the molotov has the same animation time than rifle nade
24 Aug 2013, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2013, 17:01 PMraw

Tbh the validity of 480MP luxury doctrinal units are pretty irrelevant, when germans can simply drive their scout cars into your HQ and massacre everything there. And ST get murdered by Pgrens. I know that.

That sounds like some truly terrible play on your part.
raw
24 Aug 2013, 07:49 AM

That sounds like some truly terrible play on your part.

Depends what you understand under terrible play. I opened 3xcons->molotov->tent when SC drove into base and killed everything there. You have to get AT nade before tent now. At least.
24 Aug 2013, 08:28 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 07:49 AMraw
Depends what you understand under terrible play. I opened 3xcons->molotov->tent when SC drove into base and killed everything there. You have to get AT nade before tent now. At least.

Ofc you do lol. You always did if light vehicles hit the field, unless you build Guard or Mines.

Wtf am I reading...

Btw, its AC. SC is the M3.

ACs arent hitting the field any earlier than before. There wqs no cost change.
raw
24 Aug 2013, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 08:28 AMNullist

ACs arent hitting the field any earlier than before.

No, but they can now kills things pretty handily.

You always did if light vehicles hit the field,

Yes, Einstein. The difference between before the patch and now is that the 222 can potentially end the game and not every soviet opener has AT nade before 5min. Well, now they have to.
24 Aug 2013, 08:48 AM

Permanently Banned
Or Guard, or mines. Or hardtech to ZiS or T70.

AC upgun is now where it was supposed to be.
Learn to adapt to the new meta, bro.

Facing early light vehicles? AT nade is a natural choice.

If anything, Id suggest reducing the upgrade time on AT Nades and Molotov, to make them more readily available.

24 Aug 2013, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 08:33 AMraw

Yes, Einstein. The difference between before the patch and now is that the 222 can potentially end the game and not every soviet opener has AT nade before 5min. Well, now they have to.

Scout cars have the same dps than before the update. Only upgraded scout cars don't lose their firepower now. So please everything scout car related was possible before patch except the up gunned, which cost munitions and prevents early shreks or flamer halftrack.
24 Aug 2013, 09:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 08:33 AMraw

You are just wrong. AC could ran into yr base before the patch and kill units in the same way like it does now. If he is parked near your HQ, you can call in Guards to kill it or wait a sec till AT nade is up and kill it after. I dont know about you but I always made AT nades right after molotov cuz every Ost player send Flame HT against me and I needed AT nade to survive that. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

And to the AC change. You put 70 so much needed muni to make it complete useless against infantry and when guards jumped into M3 also against M3 itself. Do you think AC with upgun was usefull? It is sort of glass cannon right now but it is so F fragile that it is balanced. I have lost many ACs to stupid 35muni mines while trying to kill SU imba snipers and this was and still is balanced?
raw
24 Aug 2013, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 08:48 AMNullist
Or Guard, or mines. Or hardtech to ZiS or T70.

You don't have guards @ 5minutes. Or mines for that matter.

You are just wrong. AC could ran into yr base before the patch and kill units in the same way like it does now.

It could run into your base. It could chase squads down. It couldn't camp your HQ, the damage was too low to kill through reinforcement. If you don't believe it, boot up a game vs AI. (1/5 of games the AI will get AT nades before 5 minutes)

And to the AC change.

I have no problem with the change. However, relic missed the fact that the damage on the AC was so low for a reason, that soviets have zero AV capabilities that early in the game. Imo the AC needs to be more vulnerable against small arms fire.
24 Aug 2013, 11:42 AM

To Raw:

Damage is nearly the same cuz 20mm cannon on AC just didnt kill a shit, believe me I used them a lot. Also by the time you see vanilla AC on the field you have time to tech to AT nades in case that 20mm cannon will kill your men as you say, it is the same story as with Flame HT. AC is already super fragile, one AT nade and it is dead so better damage by small arms fire will make it useless as it was before the patch (I mean upgraded AC). It can be more vulnerable to Maxim fire maybe, but thats about it.

German early AT is exactly the same as Soviets. The only difference is that Soviets have to tech to have it while German have to tech and build T2 building to field something you can use AT nades on. What is your problem with that, it is working as intended. You either play it save with AT nades and or Guards or risk it with fast T70. It is your choice and this game is pretty much about it: high risk may come with high reward but also can cost you a game.
24 Aug 2013, 14:14 PM

Permanently Banned
^ What this guy said.

Nithing stopping you from teching AT Nades vs early light vehicles.

Sov Muni float is categorically ridiculous. So much for arguments of Gren scaling.

USE YOUR MUNIS.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 60
United States 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak