Login

russian armor

Worldbuilder.. When?!

22 Aug 2013, 13:55 PM

Anything on worldbuilder yet? And does anyone know how custom maps will show up in game?
22 Aug 2013, 16:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

22 Aug 2013, 21:32 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

23 Aug 2013, 18:29 PM

You guys are just sooo funny!! hahahaha :clap:
24 Aug 2013, 04:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Well, you would've already seen news about it if anything was mentioned. But there has been no news and the question has been asked many times. :P Gotta search a bit mate.
28 Aug 2013, 15:20 PM

According to the stream yesterday "soon" was the verdict. But he did emphasize that it is definitely getting released to the community.
28 Aug 2013, 15:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

They will no doubt release it to the public, as they have done the same with DoW and vCoH aswell. I personally will spend my time on worldbuilder rather than playing the game. :)
Hux
29 Aug 2013, 19:58 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 15:37 PMSpanky
I personally will spend my time on worldbuilder rather than playing the game. :)

This.
Only Relic postRelic 29 Aug 2013, 20:43 PM

It's in progress. No date at the moment.
29 Aug 2013, 23:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 20:43 PMNoun
It's in progress. No date at the moment.

I sincerely hope it will come out as bug-free, because vCoH worldbuilder had some bugs.
2 Sep 2013, 23:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 23:13 PMSpanky

I sincerely hope it will come out as bug-free, because vCoH worldbuilder had some bugs.

first off no program has ever come off bug free ever. second if coh2 didn't come out bugfree im betting neither will world builder. sorry to shatter your hopes and dreams. :)
3 Sep 2013, 06:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Well, as you are not in the relic team, im sure you have nothing to be sorry about.
3 Sep 2013, 07:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2013, 23:13 PMSpanky

At the same time people want it to be out as soon as possible. See the dilema? ;)
3 Sep 2013, 09:20 AM

i didn't fiddle around with it much, but i think it was reasonably bug free, and one bug that i found had a workaround that was not too hard (albeit an annoyance). but then again, i never fiddled around in it much.

my biggest problems with the worldbuilder were the complexity (as in, super hard to learn how to handle it, little to no documentation) and the performance (being pretty slow). i have confidence that at least the latter will be improved for coh2.
3 Sep 2013, 09:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

cr4wler, there were some bugs which had no workaround. One was that the stamp tool was broken in later versions. And another pretty significant bug was that the mem-stats button was broken all the time, giving the map maker no way to monitor the memory usage of certain areas. Other bugs had workarounds, but whatever i don't expect the new worldbuilder to come bug free as long as they provide support.

Regarding complexity, yes it was not easy to learn from the very beginning, but what do you expect for maps as complex as CoH. You can't expect a Starcraft like paint tool and thats it.
Further, there were millions of good tutorials to get you an easy start a few months after WB was released.
3 Sep 2013, 09:42 AM

cr4wler, there were some bugs which had no workaround. One was that the stamp tool was broken in later versions. And another pretty significant bug was that the mem-stats button was broken all the time, giving the map maker no way to monitor the memory usage of certain areas. Other bugs had workarounds, but whatever i don't expect the new worldbuilder to come bug free as long as they provide support.

Regarding complexity, yes it was not easy to learn from the very beginning, but what do you expect for maps as complex as CoH. You can't expect a Starcraft like paint tool and thats it.
Further, there were millions of good tutorials to get you an easy start a few months after WB was released.

of course, it HAD to have some sort of complexity (btw, if you want to do more than just "paint a map" in wc3/sc2, it gets a lot more complicated too ;-))... yet the missing documentation was the part that got me. the tutorials were pretty good too, but even then it was not exactly easy to use. i know i'm nitpicking right here, it was and is a great tool, but you can always make it better i guess.
3 Sep 2013, 12:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

At the same time people want it to be out as soon as possible. See the dilema? ;)

yea i know, but i'm sure that everyone can wait a bit more if that means a bug free program. =) @Relic: Make a worldbuilder beta test! :D
3 Sep 2013, 16:44 PM

Not too concerned about any bugs really. vCoh worldbuilder was great!! For what it was.. Some really really great maps came out of the community from it. Thats is undenyable!! Relic just needs to start somewhere, it doesnt have to be perfect. The real mappers will stick with it regardless.. Besides, if it was easy everyone would be doing it!! :))
26 Oct 2013, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2013, 15:37 PMSpanky
They will no doubt release it to the public, as they have done the same with DoW and vCoH aswell. I personally will spend my time on worldbuilder rather than playing the game. :)

Then, I am not the only one... Welcome to the club!
31 Oct 2013, 05:06 AM

My ENTIRE reality is focused upon Worldbuilder releasing... I think my head is going to explode if they don't release it soon! (& that'd just be weird since it's a banjo)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★