Login

russian armor

Fixing arty fests in 4v4s

29 May 2018, 18:46 PM

you dont play this commander to counter the arty...you play this commander to have easy peasy arty fest and troll the enemy.

not german abuse artillery....the allie faction abuse callins and arty hard.

german faction dont have mobile arty like sexton and priest. they dont have huge rocket attack like LM, katj and caliopes. The have accurate rockets...but you must have vision, the right moment and luck bomb the enemy.

as allie you can easy bomb into the fog of war. you will hit something...

my new abuse troll gun: b4...wtf this thing awefull OP and take out so many tank the last games i play with sov. its unbelievable how easy you get your enemy to destroy his keyboard....

okw build lefhs beacause of arty spam from allies. not more.

Not really an argument to tell me how I play my commanders, concentration barrage is the LefH counter and sextons 100% do not counter LefH as they do not have the range, nor a counter battery function. And LefH's don't really counter mobile artillery because... well... they're mobile.]

German rocket artillery is far more situationally effective if you ask me. Land mattress for a start doesn't really wipe, just kills one man from every squad on the map. And katyusha fires like 3 rockets a go just fires for a long time, They have different uses. Panzerwerfers at short range are just down right cheezey though.

If you're playing 4v4s and you're relying on other players to provide recon and ways to wipe arty, then you only have yourself to blame.

As Ostheer, I will always have Close Air Support commander ready to go, as 90% of the time the rest of your team are not not interested in using commanders to cover capability gaps and instead just want big tanks and powerful infantry. Same with Soviets; the majority of the time in 4s I will use Anti-Infantry Tactics commander so as to have the ability to quickly cover for team-mates who can't handle basic blobbing, as well as to completely invalidate fixed arty play.

How it's possible that the vast majority of 4v4 players (i.e mostly nubs) never learn the utility of abilities like recon, as opposed to just supplementing the strong tanks they have with more tanks, I just don't know.

I am talking about when I play British, That's why I always have royal artillery on the go like you said about close air support, for that reason. You're playing OST, you have the choice of a lot of commanders with easy counters to artillery and recon and for some reason Smoke drop grants recon too. As OST I also have no problem, Also as USF I have no problem, like I said, Major recon and Time on target is GG. As OST I normally use Storm for this I think. Smoke drop and stuka bomb is the easiest win button against ML-20s and some mobile arty. British have no commanders with recon AND an artillery call in. Only an idiot would allow you to get to their base to kill their artillery piece, tank rushes take too long to kill the gun and normally you will get snared and lose the tank which is not a good trade for an LefH, (Infil commandos with demo charges can I suppose but that will normally only work once before they backstop their arty with an mg42.
29 May 2018, 19:19 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Uhm in my opinion the need for a dedicated team with dedicated roles just to counter basic game elements sounds like bad balance to me. Team synergy should improve and substitute basic performance, but it should not dictate it.

I mean, at the highest levels, the best players will use the most efficient method to win games. So you've got to use the most efficient method to counter that or use the most efficient method to counter the counter and so on.

It's like any sport where the best players will use the best form or strategy because it is the most efficient.

There's a reason why top 1v1 players have a very specific build of units and cap order because they want to achieve their goal which is to win. Winning isn't always about fun, it's about efficiency.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★