Login

russian armor

Replay review request

22 May 2018, 19:27 PM

The unbelievable balanced Croc Churchill strikes again.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/71086/please-analyze

Thanks
23 May 2018, 09:10 AM

Sure I'll take a look. But I can say up front that I have a hard time imagining that a croc 40 mins in are a balance issue. with the right doctrine one could easily have a vet 2-3 Tiger at this point.
25 May 2018, 17:57 PM

Allright here goes.

- your choice of commanders and bullitins seems good. Nothing sticks out as too gimmicky and they are largely within the current meta.
- Your first mg is way to passive. Just camping it in the centre building can basically make your opponent focus everywhere else without fear of being suppressed. Later it might be fine to have it in a building, but there is no point doing it as the first thing. Also the other building makes it cover much more of your opponents ground.
- unfortunate loss of pios in the first minutes of the game. It happes to all of us from time to time, but is still a significant setback. In general you didn't pick a very favorable first engagement and feed him a lot of veterancy and kills. often it is better to rush for green cover rather than cap while fighting in the open.
- you were a bit too generous with the riflegrenades in the beginning. They are great weapons, but when so few units are in the field and the engagement are so controlled, they are generally quite easy to dodge in the early game. You should not have used any before at least upgrading to medics, and some early lmg upgrades would probably also have paid of better.
- Very good puma call in to counter the centaur though! That was some good battlefield awareness.
- Conversely you played your sniper much too agressively, putting it in front of your grens, which forced him to retreat every time the opponent saw him. You should keep your own infantry between the sniper and opposing infantry, so you can benefit from the line of sight and pick of your enemies from a safe distance.
- you had a tendency to clump up your units in the later stages of the game. This may have been to conserve your micro, but it also leaves you very vulnerable to area attacks and breakthroughs on other parts of the map, which the croc rush was also an example of.
- I actually understand your frustration as you were very much ahead until the crock hit the field. Some well placed teller mines while you were ahead might have made a significant difference.
Afther the crock landed you both had a slug fest on the easterns most of the map while the rest was a wasteland. You could have sent just a single unit to steal his cut-off which would have forced him to react. Trying to break through a fortified position with two AT guns is a huge risk, that neither of you had to take and the winner is basically down to RNG rather than surperior play.

To sum up:
. You had the better early and mid game, so I understand your frustration!
- you should probably practice laying down mines, so you can better control the terms of the battlefield. The great thing about tellers is that they also specifically trigger on vehicles, so if you don't build any s-mines, the opponent won't be tipped off untill it is too late.
- Hit the opponent where he is weak rather than where he is strong. by pushing other parts of the map you would force him to react.

Finally and not to toot my own horn, but you might be able to find some usefull tips in the guide that I've recently written.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/70864/from-recruit-to-veteran

Hope this helps a little bit to get you back on the horse :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★