Login

russian armor

Planning a mod, Brainstorming ideas

20 May 2018, 16:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Once the mod tools update. I will be building a mod that will change interactions, balance out problems and hopefully increase game diversity. Here is an outline explaining problems and hopefully some solutions. This thread is meant for mostly infantry actions but if you have other questions, do not hesitate to ask, openly or pm.

Soviets

-Conscripts
The conscripts vs grenadiers will be largely set as the base line for most balancing. There is only some minor things I would change. I am not sure if I am going to swap the MG42 and grenadier right know so this may subject to change.
Oorahing conscripts can be quite powerful to flank around mgs thanks to the change of the traversal a minor change to help early game engagements.
Oorah is now the vet 1 ability
The flare mine is incredibly powerful for how cheap and available it is. The flare mine can not be queued up since it is an ability. Some changes are needed.
Flare mine ability removed Combat engineers may now outright build them in the build menu. They are unalbe to kill models and deal no damage. Cost reduced from 10 to 3 munitions.
Other changes see guards for explanation.

-Combat Engineers
I consider these guys the worst engineer unit in the game. These guys hold little in combat effectiveness outside of the flamer and cheese. I would like to improve these guys so they at least hold some significance.
Now equipped with PPSHs
Price increased to match combat effectiveness
Flamer now requires Molotov research. This will help prevent flamer car cheese
Able to upgraded non doctrinally with two PTRS's

-Penals
The cannon fodder unit that is meant to die preforms way to well with its history. Penals are being moved to doctrines. Rapid conscription will now bring in Penals than conscripts. Penals will now functions like Ostruppen and are equip with bolt action mosin nagants. They are able to oorah and merge once again.

-Guards
Guards right now hold too much power. They are the jack of all trade unit while excelling at all. Now with a vacancy in T1 they will be move to there non doctrinal with some massive changes.
These guards will function like the live penals. However they will not have any non doctrinal upgrades. However they are affected by the conscript doctrinal upgrades so it will not limit T1 based on doctrines.
Guards will equipped with SVT equal to the penals
Guards vet 1 ability will now increase sight ranges when in cover
Guards can be upgraded with PPSH's
Guards can be upgraded with PTRS's
Guards can be upgraded with DP 28's
Guards can use hit the Dirt
Doctrinal Guards ability now replaced with either PTRS upgrades or DP 28 Upgrades
Doctrinal DP 28 upgrades allow conscripts to be upgraded with one DP28 and Guards with two. Guards will be able to button vehicles for a reduced price

-Scout Snipers
The current snipers are designed to just cause bleed or lose a massive investment. This causes a lot of frustration to the user and recipient so I am going to move all snipers and marksmen to doctrines in certain ways.
Scout snipers moved to various doctines
Partisans snipers added and moved to various doctrines
Scout snipers will be reworked to function like Jagear light infantry and Pathfinders.
Partisan Snipers will preform like the old two man sniper teams. They will be inflation unit but their sniper rifle has a 20 second delay before being able to be used.

-Partisans
Now only one squad from two different ones. Anti Infantry, Anti Tank.
5 man squad armed with two Mosins, two Kar 98s, and one lee enfield. All equal
Able to upgrade to a Anti tank package or an anti infantry package
Anti tank package will have one PZB, one PTRS, and one Boys AT rifle. All equal
Anti infantry package will have one PPSH, one MP 40, one Grease Gun, one Sten, and one thompson. All equal.

-M42 added to T1

T1 may now be built anywhere on the battlefield. T1 is able provide reinforcing.
T1 may now be upgraded to a forward retreat point once T3 is built
T1 will gain 3 medics when the HQ medics are researched
T1 cost increased from 160/10 to 200/20

Ostheer

-Command Bunker
Able to establish a forward retreat point once Battle Phase 2 is researched.
Upgrade cost changed from 60 munitions to 100 manpower

-Pioneers
Like Combat Engineers these preform poorly in combat and are need of a buff.
MP 40s now equal to the Assault grens MP 40s
PZB 39 upgrade now available
Flamethrower and PZB upgrade now requires battle phase one

-Sniper
Moved to doctrines
Jagaer Light infantry added to doctrines

Pak 36 added to T1

-222/221/223
No longer comes with an auto cannon
Able to upgrade to either an Auto Cannon or to a 223 Radio command set
The 223 upgrade provides mini map radar and allows the ability to lock down the sector from any position.
221 cost now is 200 manpower 15 fuel
222 upgrade is 50 munition
223 upgrade is 50 munition
Able to use the doctrinal regal AT mine ability

-Stormtroopers
Something that I have mention before and came up with different solutions. The problem is that they are not very unique and cost a lot a munitions in faction who craves munitions. My current idea is have them effect in combat at stock while having the option of using a large variety of explosives. Ostheer does not have an infantry based demotions expert.
Now a 5 man squad
Vet 1 ability is Tactical assault
Able to throw Cooked Stick Grenades, doctrinal Stun Grenades, and smoke grenades. All share a cooldown.
Able to booby trap points with either HE or Flares. Flare trap costs 0 Munitions
Able to build Schu mines and Teller mines

-Assault grens
Removed and replaced with upgrades.
Renamed to Assault Training
Pioneers and grenaiders can now be upgraded to increased there squad size by one and allows them additional abilities.
Pioneers will be renamed to Sturmpioneers
Grenadiers will be renamed to Sturmgrenadiers

USF

-Riflemen
Currently I would say they are over performing by a small amount at stock. Changing there target size from .97 to 1 should help this.

-Rear Echelon
This engineer unit is only really good at being a weapon carrier. Buffs to long range damage would overlap with riflemen. Buffs to the close range damage would overlap with Assault engineers. This is why I am going to have Rear Echelon swap with Assualt engineers. This will allow me to make them into a reserve unit that function similar to Ostruppen
Squad size increased to 6.
Penalties when not in cover
Volley fire is now the Vet 1 ability
minesweeper and flamer upgrades remove

-Assault engineers now in T0

-Mortar now in doctrines

-WC51 is now in T0
I have some experimental ideas in mind for this unit. I think it could preform better non doctrinally rather than in a doctrine.
Able to upgrade with a 50 cal when weapon racks are researched
Able to upgrade to a supply truck for 100 manpower. Uses the canvas animator. Able to lock down a sector and increase its resource income. (Cashes moved from USF)

-Teching is now linar
T1 has LT (not free) M1 AT gun, Pack Howie, and M2 HMG

-Pathfinders
Now mostly a Grenadier clone
0 CP
Able to be upgraded with scoped rifles

OKW
I really do not like how OKW has so many overlapping unit roles which makes them to similar and not feel very unique. It comes down to weapon choices.

HQ now has a medical upgrade. Affects Med HQ

-Sturmpioneers
Now a five man MP 40 squad
Able to upgrade to a flamer non doctrinally
Able to upgrade to two MP 44s doctrinally

-Volks
Incendiary grenade replaced with a he grenade
Able to upgrade to two MP 44s doctrinally
Able to upgrade to a sixth man doctrinally
Able to upgrade to repair doctrinally
other doctrinal upgrades

-Obers
now equiped with G43s in order to make them more unique (same stats)
Now able to equip 4 PZBs for anti vehicle damage (undrop-able)
Now available Med HQ
LMG 34 damage reduce to match timing

-Panzerfusiliers
In live they are too overlapping with Obers and Volks. This is why I would like them to become a 6th man squad upgrade for volks to improve capability seeing how they do not have the STG upgrade any more.

UKF
Add HQ medic upgrade. Affects Forward HQs
Bolster Squads removed

-Infantry sections
They guys can be incredibly overpowered in certain stages of the game, and other times they can be worst. They need a complete rework.
5 Man squad
target size is one
Rifle roughly equal to volks
Cover bonus at vet 1
Bren damage adjusted
Mill bombs research now allows for heat grenades
Pyrotechnics upgrades now requires Mills bombs
Medical supply upgrade now requires HQ medic upgrade
Medical Supply is now a passive
Able to upgrade to doctrinal scoped rifles or doctrinal AT rifles

-Royal Engineers
swapped with vickers in teching
doctrinal flamethrower and wasp upgrades now swapped

-Mortar pit
replaced with a mobile mortar
mortar pit moved to doctrines

-Commandos
pick up vickers k LMGs instead of Brens (same stats)

20 May 2018, 16:59 PM

This is nice, I really like what you're doing with these mods, both this and the previous one.

I wish you luck with this and could only hope to help you if I had the time.

Keep up the good work.
21 May 2018, 10:59 AM

Suggestions:
conscripts
Solidify them as an defensive infantry.

Remove ourah, Target size 1 (to improve merge), replace molotov with normal grenade, increase range of AT grenade.

Hit the ground their ability but it timed and not toggle. Hit the ground now scale with veterancy starting around 5% damage reduction 10% accuracy at vet 0, but scaling with vet.

Cost reduction for reinforcement with vet.

Replace PPsh package with SVT.

Penal
Solidify them as an offensive infantry.

Cost around 200-220. Now have ourah, molotovs and 3-6 PPsh (if one want some of the model not to have weapons, DPS adjusted to around pioneer levels) . Oourah now has penalty in received suppression/target size but scale with veterancy.

Other cap speed penalty, less penalty is red cover, less bonus in cover/garrison.

At vet 3 can be "redeemed" and be refitted into an elite infantry.

T1 now offer an upgrade that lower improves call-in infantry (cheaper to call-in? more accuracy? CP lower (from 3 to 2)?).

C.E.
Flamer now give them smaller TS but they have a repair penalty. Minesweepers provide a repair/build bonus and XP for placing mines and trip wire flares.

Guards
PTRS fire immediately do little damage to infantry. Their ability is replaced with "take aim" where PTRS now have increased accuracy and can now hit infantry for a limited time. Ability now scale with veterancy. Button does not require unit to continue firing on target, it stay on once used.

M-42
Solidify M-42 as counter to light vehicles. Extra accuracy and damage vs light vehicles (similar to 6 pounder, wide cone, fast reaction times vet 1 ability similar to 6 pounder.

21 May 2018, 20:32 PM

just like DreadMode and you are good to go ^^
21 May 2018, 21:53 PM

-Penals
The cannon fodder unit that is meant to die preforms way to well with its history. Penals are being moved to doctrines. Rapid conscription will now bring in Penals than conscripts. Penals will now functions like Ostruppen and are equip with bolt action mosin nagants. They are able to oorah and merge once again.

I would like to see a similar change in the live version of the game. Replace Penal troops with a version of Guards that is identical to the current implementation of Penals.

I would arm them with three PPShs and three pistols. Veterancy would be one extra PPSh per rank of veterancy
23 May 2018, 10:33 AM

other suggestion:
Move mg34 and leig to ostheer and mg42 and mortar to OKW. Those weapon suit them better thematically.

Flame grenades DOT now damage all in hold.

Smg close range moved to 0 assault rifle close to 5, semi auto to 8, bolt action to 10.

point blank at 10 remove half bonus bonuses, point blank in 5 removes all penalties.

23 May 2018, 13:44 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2018, 10:59 AMVipper
Suggestions:
conscripts
Solidify them as an defensive infantry.

Remove ourah, Target size 1 (to improve merge), replace molotov with normal grenade, increase range of AT grenade.

Hit the ground their ability but it timed and not toggle. Hit the ground now scale with veterancy starting around 5% damage reduction 10% accuracy at vet 0, but scaling with vet.

Cost reduction for reinforcement with vet.

Replace PPsh package with SVT.

I think I have a way to fix merge. Set all the soviet infantry's target size to one and then use a squad modifier to the appropriate level.

I would rather they keep the molotov if the guards keep the grenade, to increase unit diversity.

May I ask for the reason for a timed hit the dirt than a toggle?

I can see a cost reduction with veternacy since they are a lower stock of infantry but it would be small like 1-3 mp.

Penal
Solidify them as an offensive infantry.

Cost around 200-220. Now have ourah, molotovs and 3-6 PPsh (if one want some of the model not to have weapons, DPS adjusted to around pioneer levels) . Oourah now has penalty in received suppression/target size but scale with veterancy.

Other cap speed penalty, less penalty is red cover, less bonus in cover/garrison.

At vet 3 can be "redeemed" and be refitted into an elite infantry.

-Penals

I would like to see a similar change in the live version of the game. Replace Penal troops with a version of Guards that is identical to the current implementation of Penals.

I would arm them with three PPShs and three pistols. Veterancy would be one extra PPSh per rank of veterancy

I have not really decided what penals should look like. I was half thinking 6 man sqaud with three having mosin nagants and will throw Molotov on there own with a 30 second cool down. They would also have a higher priority so the ai would usually target them first. Dirt cheap reinforcing and have a merge ability.

T1 now offer an upgrade that lower improves call-in infantry (cheaper to call-in? more accuracy? CP lower (from 3 to 2)?).

My plan was to make all call in infantry usable and adjust power and cost accordingly. The change with guards costing 3 cp never went through and no other infantry for soviets are at 3 cp.

C.E.
Flamer now give them smaller TS but they have a repair penalty. Minesweepers provide a repair/build bonus and XP for placing mines and trip wire flares.

I can look into placing mines for exp. I can add in improved repairs for minesweeper upgrades for all factions. For the flamer upgrade, I am going to look at the veterancy first to make them combat effective first. With mines for exp, this should help.

Guards
PTRS fire immediately do little damage to infantry. Their ability is replaced with "take aim" where PTRS now have increased accuracy and can now hit infantry for a limited time. Ability now scale with veterancy. Button does not require unit to continue firing on target, it stay on once used.

For the guards PTRS upgrade, I would give three PTRS rather than two. This would make them more effective vs vehicles. I would rather like to keep PTRS less potent vs infantry than their SVTs. Instead of a take aim why not a suppressive fire ability? The ammo is 14.5 x 114. This is larger than a .50 cal (12.7 mm)

M-42
Solidify M-42 as counter to light vehicles. Extra accuracy and damage vs light vehicles (similar to 6 pounder, wide cone, fast reaction times vet 1 ability similar to 6 pounder.

It was my plan to add in a Pak 36 using the same model to ostheer. Once an allied faction where to pick it up it would be called a M42 and an axis faction picks it up it would called an Pak 36. The pak 36 vet one ability would be to fire a Stielgranate 41 to snare an engine. The M42 must have an equally powerful ability. I was thinking it would be something like tread buster like the AEC. First round it would fire would blind, second shot will slow, and all following shots would fully stun. This would be a timed ability designed to pin tanks to be destroyed.

The damage of the gun would be increased to 120 from 80 so trucks would be two shot, 222s and other lights would be 3 shots, panzer 2s and other 400 hp would be 4 shots and standard tanks would be 6 shots.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2018, 10:33 AMVipper
other suggestion:
Move mg34 and leig to ostheer and mg42 and mortar to OKW. Those weapon suit them better thematically.

Flame grenades DOT now damage all in hold.

Smg close range moved to 0 assault rifle close to 5, semi auto to 8, bolt action to 10.

point blank at 10 remove half bonus bonuses, point blank in 5 removes all penalties.

I do not think a can change point blank. Only say if a weapon has it or not.

23 May 2018, 14:49 PM

I would rather they keep the molotov if the guards keep the grenade, to increase unit diversity.

Anti-garrison for mainline infantry is simply too much utility. Either all faction should have it or non.

May I ask for the reason for a timed hit the dirt than a toggle?

The ability is simply too powerful one can leave his infantry behind heavy cover and forget about or leave them under hmg fire for a very long time. If one makes it timed one can better balance the ability and make it scale with veterancy.

Especially if it turn into stock ability and not doctrinal.

For the guards PTRS upgrade, I would give three PTRS rather than two. This would make them more effective vs vehicles. I would rather like to keep PTRS less potent vs infantry than their SVTs. Instead of a take aim why not a suppressive fire ability? The ammo is 14.5 x 114. This is larger than a .50 cal (12.7 mm)

Again suppression give them too much utility. A timed ability increasing AI is easier to balance.

I do not think a can change point blank. Only say if a weapon has it or not.

Maybe at point blank 1 an point point blank 2. with point blank 1 adding some bonus when in cover?

Another note, imo one should normalize built time, reinforcement time, reinforcement cost for all units according to categories (and maybe subcategories).

Support weapon (slower reinforcement)
Elite
mainline
auxiliary (faster)

Sub
CQC

24 May 2018, 10:11 AM

Other:
A unified solution to drop-able weapons.

Either all squad pick a different version of the weapon according to category (auxiliary/mainline/elite) or the weapon are the same but each category has a bonus or penalty on their weapons.
24 May 2018, 23:21 PM

Give shocks some love please
29 Jun 2018, 10:08 AM

Hi, I am also building a mod since 3 months ago. Just dug out your blob recently. Do you want to borrow some of my ideas or work together. Please contact me if you do. Here is my patch note for OST and SOV.I don't have any idea for changing the other three factions since I don't play them that much. Oh, I played mainly team games so my changes may not be 1v1 friendly.

Overall changes:
Su-76 and Stug revert to prepatch
All light armor units will deal additional damages to both Su-76 and Stugs All mediums tanks will have additional penetration in CQC.
All gun crews will now have the ability to self heal after reaching rank 2.
Both Ost’s and Soviet’s team weapons now will have 6 gun crews instead of 4.
Both OKW’s and USF’s team weapons now will have 5 gun crews instead of 4. ( Due to their early FRP, it will be imbalance to have 6 gun crews.)
UKF will have have 5 men gun crews team weapons at the beginning. Plus one more after the upgrade
All indirect infantry support weapons rework.
Now SOV, USF, and OST mortars will perform similarly by having different advantages( more details see below)(all data base on prepatch)
Both USF and OKW support gun will now have same per shot damage as mortars. USF pack gun will have more AOE.
The core rework part: All mortar will have a range of 60 a default autofire range. 70 for barrage and smoke range. Support guns will have a range of 80 of autofire. A barrage distance of 90. UKF mortar pit will have a 85 auto fire range. 95 barrage range and smoke range. Grw 34 81mm mortar will have counter fire range of 90.
Sniper rework.
Both SOV and OST sniper change to sniper squad. Each contain 4 members. Each squad will have 2 sniper rifle which does not deal critical to infantries. Each rifle will do a damage of 37. With both shots hitting on one model is not enough to kill it. But it will leaves that model with only 6 HPs which means it will guarantee a kill with any other weapon hitting it one more time.
UKF sniper will deploy with 2 Lee-Enfield sniper Rifles that have the same data as OST or SOV snipers’. However, the squad could be upgrade with Boys AT rifle for 50 ammos which will deal a damage of 40 each. This will guarantee a kill ONLY IF the two sniper rifles are aiming at the same model.
Soviet:
T0
Combat Engineer:
Squad Size increase by one
Price to 200 mps
Vet 2 change squad weapons to 3 ppSH 41
Vet 3 add a shock troop model to the squad. This particular modal has body armor but not able to repair. Demo charge remove.
Conscript squad:
After T1 is built. Squad will have the access to upgrade with SVT-40. Cost 50 ammo. SVT datas rework to keep the squad performance same as USF rifleman.
T1
Penal squad remove. Now a commander dispatch unit. New data see below.
Give SVT upgrade access to conscripts.
T2
HMG
Now has the same cover area as MG42. Suppression increase but still lower than MG42. Decrease suppression add up to keep balance.
82mm Mortar
Increase fire rate to match with german mortar performance.
Remove mortar flair. Replace with--new ability: counter cover shell. It performs same as sapper’s cover cleaning charges. Cost 5 ammo.
T3
Su-76
Decrease barrage shell number to 4. But overall AOE increase to zis-3 level.
M5 half track
AA gun suppression level increase to match with OKW AA half track. Damage increase to 2⁄3 of OKW AA half track level.
T-70
Now deals FOUR times more damage to both stugs and Su-76.
T4
T-34
Now have 150% more pen in CQC.
Ability will now do: 200HP damage always
To light vehicle cause heavy engine damage(85%); Detrack(15%) No damage to itself.
To Medium vehicle cause medium engine damage(85%); barrel destruction(10%); Detrack(5%) 150 damage to itself, cause medium engine damage
To Heavy vehicle cause shock(90%); barrel destruction(5%); Detrack(5%)

250 damage to itself, cause medium engine damage and shock.
SU-85
Damage increase
Decrease fire rate.
BM-13
Now will fire 8 rockets per slot
Commander units
ML-20 152mm
Now can change to direct fire mode. Range same as pak43. 5/4 times more damage than pak43. 5/3 times more reload time. Take 10s to change ammo type. 30s CD between each change.
B-4 203mm
Now can grant direct fire mode. Range same as pak43. 2.5 times more damage than pak43. 25s per shot. Take 10s to change ammo type. 30s CD between each change.
M1943 45mm At gun
Now can fire APCR round. Cost 35 ammo. Boost pen, DPS to US 57mm gun level.
Dshk 12.7mm
Buff DPS, suppression, and cover area to 50.cal level.
T-34/85
Same buff as T-34/76. increase price base on performance.
Penal
Now a deployed unit. Core Anti-Tank infantries and demolitioner. Deploy with 2 PTRSs, could be upgraded for two more.
The 2 PTRSs deployed with are having a combine damage as one Panzerschreck. They will do a 25% deflection damage. They are not slot weapons which means they are not droppable.

The upgrade 2 PTRSs will also do a combine damage as one Panzerschreck. They will do a 100% deflection damage. They are slot weapons which means they are droppable.
Now is able to plant demo charge. Demo charge data revert to pre-patch.
Guard
Now come in with no PTRS.
Change role as core Anti Infantry unit.
Arm with SVTs which has same data as Penal’s. Dp-28 change date to FG-42 level. Able to fire while move. Decrease size to grenadier level.
Price increase to 390 to match with shock troops.
IS-2
Increase data and price to match with KT.
Now need to be build in T0 in order to have gap time between each dispatch.
ISU-152
Now need to be build in T0 in order to have gap time between each dispatch
HE aoe change to match with stumpanzer 4.
Kv-2
Remake
Main gun AOE data change to pre-patch StumPz IV main gun data. HP change to 960.
Stationary mode lock under vet 2.
Can now be built for more than one unit.
Decrease price to match with performance.
Rapid conscription Tactic
Now replace by penal troops dispatch.
OST
All team weapons will have 6 crews.
T0
Mg-42
Increase ready aim time to match with Marxism
Pioneer
Vet2
Add two stg-44 to the squad.
Vet3 Add 1 Pz Grenadier model to the squad.
This particular model can do repair, and also throw grenade and smoke grenade.
Forward command post bunker​ now lock behind battle phase 2. T1
Grenadier
Combine tactics:
Can upgrade for one additional Mg-34. Gain access for phosphorus smoke grenade.
Specialist tactical:
Gain one more additional model Decrease reinforcement price to 28.
T2
PzGrenadier:
Panzerschreck price decrease to 100.
Combine tactics:
Now can upgrade for one additional Panzerschreck cost 40 muni.
Now is able to throw special Molotov that only target armor. This will decrease the tank speed as well as dealing fair amount of damage.
Specialist tactical:
Gain one more model
Decrease reinforcement price to 31.
T3
Stug3:
Will now able to load HE shell. Same data as Sherman HE shell. Decrease fuel cost to 85. Increase MP cost to 300.
Pz 4
Decrease price to 90 fuel.
Decrease armor to match performance.
T4

Now the building need to unlock either Specialist tactical or Combine tactics for better armor fight vehicles.
Combine tactics
Unlock:
Upgrades to both Pz Grenadier and Grenadier.

Tiger
Balance main gun damage, price and armor data to comet level. Will have additional HP than comet due to low speed.
Specialist tactical:
Unlock:
Upgrade to both Pz Grenadier and Grenadier.

Panther:
Increase main gun damage to 190. Decrease fire speed.

Stum Pz4
Commander dispatch:

Infantry reserve:
replace with assault grenadier dispatch.

Stuka Anti infantry run:
will cause same DPS as IL2(prepatch)

Stormtrooper:
​Now dispatch similar as UFK commodore. Now dispatch with stg44s. Change role as core anti infantries units. Each squad contain 5 members. Can not be upgraded with Panzerschreck.
Combine tactics::
Now can upgrade for 2 gew 43 for 50 ammo. This does not overlap with original gew 43 upgrade( means you can upgrade for four gew 43 if possible.)
Specialist tactical:
Gain one more model
Decrease reinforcement price to 30.

Tiger dispatch:
Replace by KT dispatch.

Assault grenadier
Combine tactics::
Now can upgrade for 3 stg44s for 60 ammo.
Specialist tactical:
Gain one more model
Decrease reinforcement price to 25
29 Jun 2018, 10:20 AM

balance mods are boring can someone make funny mod like granades with range 60 or kubel with 500 hp or mortar with sturmtiger shell and so on
29 Jun 2018, 14:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2018, 10:08 AMHarry
Hi, I am also building a mod since 3 months ago. Just dug out your blob recently. Do you want to borrow some of my ideas or work together. Please contact me if you do. Here is my patch note for OST and SOV.I don't have any idea for changing the other three factions since I don't play them that much. Oh, I played mainly team games so my changes may not be 1v1 friendly.

I have already release the mod.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/81039/mod-release/page/1#post_id687630
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1417051983

If want any advice do not be afraid to contact me. My general philosophy is to make all units have a unique role so they can serve a purpose.

For USF, there problem is the fact there is only three levels of teching t0, T1/T2, T3. A more linear approach would help them out and space out there items more evenly. Additionally it would help giving access to all support items. (AT, HMG, Indirect)

OKW teching costs are based around the King Tiger. It puts some items out of timing when teching as well. (Raken, MG 34)

UKF
They have items that arrive too early, (AEC, Bofors) hence why I moved hammer and anvil to T1. They also lack a lot of items as well. (Mobile mortar) The mortar pit provides substantial fire power within its radius however the UKF can be easily limited to its radius since it can not clear out garrsions out side its radius. So usually it is unit killed or be killed, which can decide matches. Additionally, UKF can have a huge problem with light vehicles since the infantry section lack snares and piats can be inaccurate. One last thing is that UKF does not really have an infantry support vehicle. AEC is more geared to vehicles.

4 Jul 2018, 15:13 PM

Sorry, I haven't got into to this website for a while, so I did not see your message. I decide to keep posting more reply under this blog instead of your mod release page due to some personal reason. Please understand me.

First, I have to thank for your acceptance of my advice. I have read your patch note. A lot of them sound very interesting. It is a shame right now that I live in a country that does not have access to the steam workshop. I need to find a VPN to try out your mod.

I have found out a few problems after reading your patch notes. Mainly to the SOV and WER factions. The followings are only my personal opinions.

1. It is great to see people finally realizing that some of the TDs need a damage buff. However, some of the units such as SU85 and Panthers are having a higher rate of fire compared to the others like Firefly. Please make sure that these high ROF units will not overperform.

2. t34/85 definitely need a buff. In my personal opinions, it requires an accuracy buff, and an anti infantries buff more than an AT buff.

3. I understand your hope of making Combat Engineers and Pioneers better. However, changing them into Close combat units without making any changes to their survivability will only causing a high death rate in general. I know your changes do make sense dues to their low price. However, it is not a good idea to put more reinforcement pressure on the two most MP thirsty factions in the game.

I do have more advises if you would like to hear them. Please tell me your opinions on my above ideas.
7 Jul 2018, 15:18 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 15:13 PMHarry
Sorry, I haven't got into to this website for a while, so I did not see your message. I decide to keep posting more reply under this blog instead of your mod release page due to some personal reason. Please understand me.

First, I have to thank for your acceptance of my advice. I have read your patch note. A lot of them sound very interesting. It is a shame right now that I live in a country that does not have access to the steam workshop. I need to find a VPN to try out your mod.

I have found out a few problems after reading your patch notes. Mainly to the SOV and WER factions. The followings are only my personal opinions.

1. It is great to see people finally realizing that some of the TDs need a damage buff. However, some of the units such as SU85 and Panthers are having a higher rate of fire compared to the others like Firefly. Please make sure that these high ROF units will not overperform.

2. t34/85 definitely need a buff. In my personal opinions, it requires an accuracy buff, and an anti infantries buff more than an AT buff.

3. I understand your hope of making Combat Engineers and Pioneers better. However, changing them into Close combat units without making any changes to their survivability will only causing a high death rate in general. I know your changes do make sense dues to their low price. However, it is not a good idea to put more reinforcement pressure on the two most MP thirsty factions in the game.

I do have more advises if you would like to hear them. Please tell me your opinions on my above ideas.

I did not know that some countries block the steam workshop. Here is a direct link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ceC9vf0hd9TAyBTEOdaMLpZUUH-jirT

Soviets have large number of late game vehicles available so this is why I am giving it an AT role while the KV1/8 and Sherman can more focus on infantry

I have adjusted the pioneers and combat engineers veterancy to include more survivability.

12 Jul 2018, 04:04 AM

I did not know that some countries block the steam workshop. Here is a direct link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ceC9vf0hd9TAyBTEOdaMLpZUUH-jirT

Soviets have large number of late game vehicles available so this is why I am giving it an AT role while the KV1/8 and Sherman can more focus on infantry

I have adjusted the pioneers and combat engineers veterancy to include more survivability.

Thanks for your link. But I am sorry tell you that we block google also:banned:. No worry, I have found a way get into the steam workshop by paying a few dollars. I'll try out your mod and tell you my opinions. Thx
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight