Login

russian armor

s-mines

16 May 2018, 13:11 PM

Originaly posted from here :https://www.coh2.org/guides/70864/from-recruit-to-veteran

"The s-mines are especially useful in areas where you expect infantry rather than tanks to make their move. And while it requires that you have 60 munitions in the bank, you can spend as little as 15 munitions to place a single patch and then cancel the order, making it by far the most cost-efficient anti-infantry mine in the game. "

can someone explain to me how i do this?
ty
16 May 2018, 14:17 PM

The S-mine placement is done normally in 4 stages, assuming there are no obstacles preventing full field placement. Each placement creates a small patch of mines around it. You need 60 munitions in the bank to start the mine field laying but if you stop it for example halfway after "building" 2 spots of mines you get a refund of 30 munitions. (So 15 munitions per clump of mines)

Cancelling mid-build is not the only way though, for example buildings and other obstacles can be used along with the rotate function to intentionally block part of the field you don't want placed. That way you also get a refund from the areas that were blocked.

S-mine placement speed and especially the low cost of 15 munitions per piece can be utilized for example if you know an opponents retreat path and have a pioneer or volk nearby. One single batch of s-mines can cause brutal damage to (retreating) units and can get some easy wipes or punish greedy opponents from extending too far.

(Personally one of my favourite places to use this trick was on Pre-December Patch North Moscow Outskirts if my opponent camped most of his squads at the fuel point)

Also there is the pure annoyance factor especially if you only place partial mine fields all over the map. It can be frustrating to get map control if you need to sweep every single point (+sweeping s-mines takes a pretty long while especially if its a full patch) Naturally that can be worked around with vehicle crush that safely detonates the fields but I think it is still a good way to spend excess munition float and delay capping of your opponent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★