Login

russian armor

Patch Notes 20/08/2013

21 Aug 2013, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 09:19 AMMauser

Thing is, focus sight increases its sight range, not its actual range. Thus if it reverses without focus sight it will still have the same range, just not its own spotter. But take into consideration that it will be reversing into friendly territory, thus it will 9/10 times still have vision of the attacking tank provided by either friendly infantry, or control points. I really dont know how big the effect will be, but I think the lol-reversing is still gonna be a problem.

My only hope is that the time it takes to de-activate the focus sight will give enough time for the flanking tank to get behind it.

Another good point brought up by nullist is that kv-8's are now gonna be almost un-faustable(like they were even faustable to begin with).

Good point, I hadn't thought of the friendly units still providing LOS. They will still have to deactivate it though, which at least puts more of a micro burden on it. But totally agreed that it will need to be further nerfed in the future.

As for the KV-8, not being able to faust it does not concern me, as that was almost always a suicide tactic anyways. My main concern with the KV-8 is that more often than not it completely kills a PGren squad with a single FT burst, even if the squad retreats immediately. Not being able to retreat upon meeting a hard counter is a serious problem that kinda breaks CoH's original concepts.
21 Aug 2013, 09:54 AM

• Fixed Grenadier Damage Intel Bulletin so it applies to the correct squad

Does anyone know what this exactly means? Does this mean that we previously did not get the damage bonus but now we will?
21 Aug 2013, 09:57 AM

I'm guessing so. Curious as to what unit was getting the unwanted buff instead :-P
21 Aug 2013, 09:58 AM

And yeah KV8 takes the cake for most broken unit in the game, along with Brummbar but in the opposite direction :-P
21 Aug 2013, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 09:57 AMRiggsen
I'm guessing so. Curious as to what unit was getting the unwanted buff instead :-P

Probably the single player Grenadiers... for many units there are different single player and multi player versions.
21 Aug 2013, 10:16 AM

I think the same.
I used it a lot pre patch, it was an anti inf beast.
Now I fear it will be out of control.

Yeah, the ram changes were good though, and I think the t34 buff will cause more players to go t3 and not t4 as soviets. Now this may or may not solve the su85 spam, but replacing su85 spam with t34 spam isn't really a good solution.

I saw the t34 one shotting a lot of squad members sometimes two or three last night in PQ's stream, so i'm afraid of how its gonna turn out. Time will tell. Maybe just maybe stugs will become more prominent since they were quite good vs t34's but i dont know how they will be after the t34 damage buff. Perhaps a typical game will be t34's and stugs from the german, and when and if su85 hits, the stug will be vetted and can use target weak point to take the su85 on.

There are a lot of maybe's in this scenario however, and I dont know how things are gonna turn out.
21 Aug 2013, 10:18 AM

Permanently Banned
@Ugbear: False.

-PIV should beat T34, unsupported. Fact.
-PIV should beat SU76 and KV8, unsupported. Fact.
-SU85 outranges and outruns Stug. This change did nothing to mitigate that. SU85s can chase especially Stugs with np.
-2xPIV should, at cost, seriously threaten IS2. Fact.
-Albeit Tiger and IS2 where not addressed in this patch. Both need buffing, and I anticipate next patch will do so.

I agree with PaK/ZiS MP reduction suggestion. To allow more non-vehicle, non-fuel, infantry based AT. I think PaK should have Muni cost ability (Perhaps camo or hull down?) to balance with ZiS Barrage.

Peope have forgotten how good T34s AI is.
I am quite certain next patch will either nerf that, or improve PIVs Muni MG (which is shit atm).

Stug needs rotation/speed increase, its too slow vs everything. Also needs its Muni MG improved.
21 Aug 2013, 11:09 AM

Judging from the comments in this thread the "make vehicles more expensive so that you're stuck using more inf" goes utterly against the playstyle of the userbase.

Umpteen posts, of which about 3 are commenting upon inf rather than T34/SU85/P4.
21 Aug 2013, 11:18 AM

Permanently Banned
Thata because armor is crucial for escalation towards endgame. Its only at that point that infantry attrition, as a result of armor on the field, begins to be felt in MP drain.

This change ultimately makes it more economically feasible to lose armor, which nets you more MP income, with which you can repurchase vehicles OR infantry, which arguably achieves the exact opposite.
21 Aug 2013, 11:24 AM
Donator 22

the 222 upgraded is pretty good. It takes actually two sec. to kill the clown car or sniper. Very fast on vet 3 and the soviet AT needs three shots.
21 Aug 2013, 11:26 AM

"• Mines can now be killed by flamethrowers "

So what you're saying now is that S Fields are completely useless
21 Aug 2013, 11:30 AM

I like the popcap changes, though the heavies are a bit too high. Tanks should be expensive assets to be protected.
21 Aug 2013, 11:35 AM

Permanently Banned
The flamers destroying mines was utterly retarded for the following blatant reason:

Are you ready for it?

Why the fk would anyone build sweepers anymore.
21 Aug 2013, 11:36 AM

Agreed, that change was utterly superfluous.
21 Aug 2013, 11:46 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 11:35 AMNullist
The flamers destroying mines was utterly retarded for the following blatant reason:

Are you ready for it?

Now it works the same as it worked in COH, if you see players placing mines you can destroy them, if you don't then you'll have to get sweepers. There was no problem there, I don't know why there should be now. If you get spotted once placing mines just stop and place them later/on another location.
21 Aug 2013, 11:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 11:26 AMhubewa
"• Mines can now be killed by flamethrowers "

So what you're saying now is that S Fields are completely useless

They were never useful. You could just shoot the ground with tanks or simply drive over them because of the signs
It's even feasible to just walk over the mines with conscripts to clear them since they deal so little damage
21 Aug 2013, 12:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Ok Marcus.

You go ahead and build sweepers, while the rest of us build flamers attack grouond on spotted or suspected mine sites.

Have fun.

PS: Just cos it was present in vCoH, doesnt make it automatically not stupid in CoH2. It makes sweepers redundant as well as doesnt make sense IRL either. Heat if flamethrower is nowhere near hot enough to disarm or detonate a buried mine.
21 Aug 2013, 12:10 PM

Good players will flame chokepoints before passing, this is no different to COH1.
21 Aug 2013, 12:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 11:35 AMNullist

Are you ready for it?

Why would anyone build German mines anymore?

They were never useful. You could just shoot the ground with tanks or simply drive over them because of the signs
It's even feasible to just walk over the mines with conscripts to clear them since they deal so little damage

Yeah, now it can be countered by infantry which does damage to infantry that doesn't take damage from an S field, making it, without doubt, completely useless if it wasn't that already.
21 Aug 2013, 12:20 PM

Permanently Banned
@Hubewa: True. But Im certain mines will be addressed in a later patch. There just hasnt been time for it. I will literally lol if I see Sov sweepers in particular. Not only is it a waste of munis vs flamer, but I wont have placed any Ost mines anyway! Double lol!

(With one exception. I may need a Teller in base to prevent KV8 rushes since Ost can no longer reliably Faust its engine. Good thing the KV8 cant pave its way with flames against mines... Oh, wait!)
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS