Login

russian armor

How to deal with Soviet support weapon spam?

3 May 2018, 07:13 AM

So I've probably faced this guy like 10 times in automatch now, lost every time to the same tactic.

He goes cons, 2-3 maxims, 1-2 mortars, a Zis-3 then camps 2 VPs and a fuel and stalls for T34-85s. Tactical engagements aside, how to deal with this from a build perspective?

I've been going med HQ into flak HQ but I seem to lose the VP game this way. I've been thinking to go Mech HQ and surprise his initial maxims with a Luchs and maybe a stuka, then go Med HQ for healing and then go for a command panther for the end game.

I'll post a replay next time I run into this. Any thoughts?
3 May 2018, 08:33 AM

ah okw, always fucked by support weapon play.

I would open with 4-5 volks, overwhelm him with sheer numbers since he goes t2 his early game is slow.

Then get flak ht, use it aggresivly and don't be afraid to tank an at nade, it will only slow the enemy down amd bleed him of mp.

Remember to get a atg, because he will need to go t70/su-76 to stop you.

After this, you can go for 2-3 ISG's or go t4 and get a p4, depending on your fuel situation.

Don't be afraid to stall behind indirect fire, it's a slow game vs sov t2 but doable.
9 Aug 2018, 20:50 PM

Hey , i havnt played since 2years ago ^^ .
As far as im concerned , best strategy vs soviet support teams could be try flanking them by atleast 3volks , afterwards make 2isg , moreover 1 rktn to hold medium tanks attack . T34/85 is powerful enough to beat pz4 ! My suggestion is pull out panther asap . Gl
10 Aug 2018, 00:38 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Agree with the above 2, but it’s very hard to trade lategame as OKW vs Sovs because of popcap and unit effectiveness. You gotta really bleed him out with a light if you can otherwise you’re going to have real trouble.
10 Aug 2018, 08:56 AM

Visit his base.

Your flak halftrack can smoke out the MG bunkers and you remind him that MGs on retreat are shit. Hadn't tried it recently but I think I pulled it off once, the key thing is you cannot let him "box you in".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
France 29

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment