russian armor

Suggestion: Half-Track Reinforcement

20 Aug 2013, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

IMO, this should only be possible in connected/captured territory
20 Aug 2013, 14:39 PM

I'm intrigued.
20 Aug 2013, 14:40 PM

+1 or should not be able to reinforce during battle.
20 Aug 2013, 15:16 PM

Uh.... another ridiculous proposal... soviets never make m5 halftrack even thou its great, neglecting its AI and reinforce capabilities and then when german players use this ability then theres problem (had few ppl rly get angry when I use hf)
This worked all the way from vCoH to CoH2 atm , and no1 has complained but ppl who cant take on it few games, its entirely your fault and not the balance or the system
20 Aug 2013, 15:25 PM

Yeah.. I don't see why this should be changed.
20 Aug 2013, 15:43 PM
Donator 11

Uh.... another ridiculous proposal... soviets never make m5 halftrack even thou its great, neglecting its AI and reinforce capabilities and then when german players use this ability then theres problem (had few ppl rly get angry when I use hf)
This worked all the way from vCoH to CoH2 atm , and no1 has complained but ppl who cant take on it few games, its entirely your fault and not the balance or the system

Can we have a normal adult discussion ?

in vCOH and COH2, you also have to be in your own territory to be able to upgrade a unit, and the ability to reinforce for me is the same principal has an upgrade.

You also cannot built buildings in enemy territory (med bunker vCOH or forward base COH2).

My goal with this is also to avoid base rush with a HT reinforcing panzergrenadiers with panzershreks which is something that the soviet's can't do.

I play with both factions just has an fyi.
20 Aug 2013, 15:47 PM

Soviets never make it because 1. it's shrek food 2. it's in t3 which you can't realistically go unless you've dominated earlygame so badly you know the opponent won't be able to make more than 1 piv for every 2 t34s you have. If you go t3 you're trying to rush your opponent which means T70s or just maybe a t34 if you find some use for the ram.

Think american players wouldn't have whined in coh1 if piv came from t3 and the atgun came from wsc and was plain shit to boot? Because that's the situation you have now

Note: I still don't support this idea, but there are completely different reasons for why soviets can't make use of it nearly as easily as axis.
20 Aug 2013, 15:58 PM

So the only reason to build the halftrack would be the Flammenwerfer or Quad upgrade? No thanks!

I make excessive use of the 251 and its reinforce ability as Germans. I would hardly build it, if it was only possible to do so in my own territory. The advantage the 251 has over bunkers is its mobility and the fact that it can support your infantry pushing into enemy territory. As Soviets I don´t use it that often as Tier 3 is not attractive. Nerfing the halftrack would make Tier 3 even less of a choice.

I like to see some infantry pushes actually being combined/supported with halftracks. It not only looks nice but is combined arms and should be rewarded.

Also by the time both halftracks come out there is/should at least be one AT unit on the field which takes them out quite fast.
20 Aug 2013, 16:05 PM

We can have an adult discussion when you think like an adult.

No.
20 Aug 2013, 16:10 PM
Donator 11

We can have an adult discussion when you think like an adult.

No.

ok whatever, another childish comment.

I brought this up as an idea, ideas can be bad or can be good, no good idea or suggestions will ever come out of this forum if people can't talk or discuss about them.
20 Aug 2013, 16:14 PM
Donator 11

So the only reason to build the halftrack would be the Flammenwerfer or Quad upgrade? No thanks!

I make excessive use of the 251 and its reinforce ability as Germans. I would hardly build it, if it was only possible to do so in my own territory. The advantage the 251 has over bunkers is its mobility and the fact that it can support your infantry pushing into enemy territory. As Soviets I don´t use it that often as Tier 3 is not attractive. Nerfing the halftrack would make Tier 3 even less of a choice.

I like to see some infantry pushes actually being combined/supported with halftracks. It not only looks nice but is combined arms and should be rewarded.

Also by the time both halftracks come out there is/should at least be one AT unit on the field which takes them out quite fast.

Most of the time your AT gun and MG will be in your territory anyways, and you can soft retreat your infantries to your HT, which would be your line of defense, so it will still be nice to look at and still be using combined arms.
20 Aug 2013, 16:15 PM

Permanently Banned
AT nade and small arms fire the HT down in your base, if it rushes.

I dont see the problem.

In related news: Medkit is shit. Change it to a 10-20 muni 3s recovery of a wounded model off the ground.
20 Aug 2013, 16:18 PM

Personally I think the HT reinforcement is fine the way it is. It is a mobile unit that when used in conjunction with infantry can be used aggressively. If you can't reinforce people would be less inclined to make quick assaults into the opponents territory.

As for reinforcing on your cut off, yeah it can hurt a lot but try your best to prevent it to getting to that point. Maybe if in the upcoming patch Conscripts get buffed you will notice this effect less.
20 Aug 2013, 16:36 PM

to both of you... its not the same principal, hf and upgradable weapon or bunker, its role is support, how do u support if u only defend
This game imo rewards aggresive and careful players , hf is core unit for careful aggresion
And are u saying 251 is stronger in armor than m5?
Last i checked 251 dies very very fast against ptrs (which u can have in 3-4th minute in game) while shrecks require upgrade to tier 2, pgrens (360mp) + upgrade 120muni , germans have dire need for muni so no1 will spend it that way, and if u have m5 u dont send it to wolves u use it like u supposed to , waiting behind ur troops and reinforcing , only if u have quad (which is godmode for m5) u can be little aggresive with it but pls take care dont just leave it on one position to get busted
Believe me guys there isnt a problem
20 Aug 2013, 16:47 PM

Permanently Banned
M5 has 3x the frontal armor of 251, though it costs exactly the same.
20 Aug 2013, 16:49 PM

halftrack reinforcement is fine imo
20 Aug 2013, 16:59 PM

I think people are forgetting that the soviets have a large halftrack that you can reinforce out of, just nobody builds it. Making the halftrack only reinforce in friendly territory would severely slow down the german army, as it's one of the only ways an aggressive german can stay in hostile territory without being overwhelmed by human waves of conscripts given the scripts have a larger squad size.

Also in VCoH some units could upgrade in enemy territory when it made sense for balance. Reinforcing out of the halftrack isn't broken, so don't fix it.
20 Aug 2013, 17:12 PM

On a related note: Why isn´t it possible for German infantry to fire from the 251 - like the Soviets can from their clown car? After all it was the Germans who invented and massively the concept of mechanized infantry firing from halftracks. Russians were more relying on tanks to move their mechanized infantry. Hell, for balance they could lock Schrecks from going into the 251. Is it possible for the Russians to fire from their halftrack?
20 Aug 2013, 18:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

On a related note: Why isn´t it possible for German infantry to fire from the 251 - like the Soviets can from their clown car? After all it was the Germans who invented and massively the concept of mechanized infantry firing from halftracks. Russians were more relying on tanks to move their mechanized infantry. Hell, for balance they could lock Schrecks from going into the 251. Is it possible for the Russians to fire from their halftrack?

Yes, Russians can shoot out of their M5.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★