Login

russian armor

Tanks meta

23 Apr 2018, 14:38 PM

Hi again, sorry for another newbie post... but I´m sure you all can help me out.

I´m a Wehrmacht player trying to get better at this game (playing since 2 weeks ago).

Wich is the tanks meta for Ostheer?

Surprisingly, few days ago I wanted to use the Tiger as and assault tank (yes, you can laugh at me lol). It´s weird since the Tiger was, in fact, an assault tank. But in this game is absurdly slow (speed and turret).

So I was thinking in not using it anymore. Instead of Tiger, what do you think about getting a couple of P4 + Stugs + Command Tank?

I know getting a Panther would be another option, but going T3 is extremely expensive (T3 + building + Tank).

Any ideas?
23 Apr 2018, 14:56 PM

StuGs + CT. CT buff will make grens go toe to toe with allied infantry and support them while StuGs will rip apart all allied armor short of ISU and IS2.
23 Apr 2018, 14:57 PM

The P4 is your generalist tank. Good vs medium tanks and infantry.
Stugs works great in numbers vs tanks.
These are the tanks osteer usually field in a game.

Brumbar is great vs a lot of infantry
Ostwind is your AA-tank and also good vs infantry (and to some extend light tanks and lower)

The Panther has yet to reach is best spot yet... which is a meme around here
23 Apr 2018, 15:08 PM

Dind´t know command tank affect infatry as well. Nice to know that... seems Blitzkrieg commander is pretty solid then.
23 Apr 2018, 15:10 PM

I wouldn't necessary forgo using the Tiger. It's a rather effective unit if you can afford it.

Which is a big 'if'. Never skip a P4 and StuGs to get a Tiger. If your P4 and StuG(s) are still alive by the time you can afford a Tiger, it can swing fortunes in your favor.

Tigers, like all heavies due to their poor mobility and vulnerability when unsupported, are most effective in a defensive and counterattacking role.

Panthers are extremely cost-ineffective. They are useful for closing out 4v4 matches where fuel has been uncontested, but it struggles in almost every other situation. Furthermore, it appears they may end up being changed into weaker Tigers without any AI on their main gun. My only recommendation for using panthers is when you're fighting a Soviet player spamming T34/76s. (But not if they have Marked Target.)

Command Panzer 4 is a very useful unit because it makes infantry and most importantly team weapons like paks alive longer. The command tank does not benefit from its own aura, so it will likely be the first target. Try and use that to your advantage and expect to kite your enemy with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Russian Federation 18
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak