Login

russian armor

2 Man Snipers.

22 Apr 2018, 20:02 PM

So why not just make all the snipers 2 man teams and then hardcap them to one? Keep the improved accuracy vs garrisons.

The German sniper would have the magic fire round.
The British sniper could keep plugging vehicles.
The Soviet sniper could get something to make it not suck. Maybe let the soviet spotter be a second sniper, but only with a targeted munis ability - like the CoH1 Recon squad.
Americans and OKW could continue to be sad.

22 Apr 2018, 20:25 PM

The argument for the 1-man Soviet sniper is that the 2-man squad is too durable.

The argument against the 1-man Soviet sniper is it's taking away what made the Scout Sniper Squad unique.

Wouldn't making all snipers two man be the worst of both worlds?
23 Apr 2018, 01:38 AM

I never really understood why they were changing something so fundamental almost 5 years into the game. I thought it was because the Soviet sniper was too good at beating the German one. If it's just too "durable" then I guess you're right.
23 Apr 2018, 04:04 AM

The 2-man soviet sniper squad was one of the dumbest design decisions relic made ... up there with snow slowing units. I'm glad they are capable of revisiting flawed design decisions even at this stage. Gives all of us hope.

Just because something is broken to start with doesn't mean you double down on your mistake.
23 Apr 2018, 04:13 AM

The 2-man soviet sniper squad was one of the dumbest design decisions relic made ... up there with snow slowing units. I'm glad they are capable of revisiting flawed design decisions even at this stage. Gives all of us hope.

Just because something is broken to start with doesn't mean you double down on your mistake.

I prefer 2 men sniper team, as it allow a move away from the "all or nothing" design on the 1 man sniper.

assuming it's 80 hp split into 2 40 hp men, it means the player can't just heal his sniper after a narrow escape. Most likely one of the sniper would have died and require a replacement.
23 Apr 2018, 06:19 AM

i thinked that good change would be that soviet sniper team is still 2 man squad, BUT it can snipe only if it has both models alive, so there is no situation where german sniper kills one model and then gets killed by other sniper of the team right after.
23 Apr 2018, 07:17 AM

How about just increasing Soviet Sniper Team's recieved accuracy?
How about increasing it even more, but increase their HP so they would be invulnerable to one-hit kill by mortars to compensate?

What's funny is that most of whiners that agree with this change don't realize that in fact this will just reduce MP bleed on Soviet side.
If your 2 man sniper team left with 1 HP, that means that you've lost 90MP.
If your 1 man sniper left with 1 HP, that mean that you just need to heal him up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★