Login

russian armor

Help with disabling Radio Intercept

15 Apr 2018, 23:44 PM

Hi guys. I'm trying to disable Radio Intercept.

So what I have done is a 1:1 clone of the Radio Intercept ability without changing the naming (because I don't want players to be able to use the Vanilla-version in the mod).

Then, I removed all of the requirements and added a new required_player_upgrade called "NOT_ALLOWED" (essentially, it's just an upgrade that no one can research, but it's still in the mod, so this will lock-out the ability effectively).

This is supposed to work, because I have done it work all of the other vanilla abilities. But apparently it doesn't work for this Radio Intercept ability. When I did a test in-game, I still received Radio Intercept effect even though the restriction is in place.

Has anyone been able to disable this ability from use? Please help me.
16 Apr 2018, 07:31 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Radio Intercept is a passive. I guess that you edited the visual and that the real ability is still working. Try to search for references of the radio intercept cmdr upgrade to find the ability. I don't have access to the files right now, maybe later today I can do a quick search.
19 Apr 2018, 00:07 AM

Radio Intercept is a passive. I guess that you edited the visual and that the real ability is still working. Try to search for references of the radio intercept cmdr upgrade to find the ability. I don't have access to the files right now, maybe later today I can do a quick search.

Hey sorry for the late reply i got caught up with work.

Anyway you're right, I didnt disable the actual upgrade produced by the ability. Disabling it works now. Thanks SneakEye :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★