Login

russian armor

Scar; Adding call-in units to an sgroup

7 Apr 2018, 22:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Simple question, so simple you can probably guess it from the title. Is there a simple way of adding call-in units to an sgroup? For example, the player starts out with units, and unlocks more units by command points. When this unit is requisitioned/created, how would you go about adding it to an existing sgroup (ex: sg_player_all)?
10 Apr 2018, 02:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Unfortunately, your options are somewhat limited due to Relic not fully implementing quite a few game events (such as GE_SquadCalledIn).

However, there are a couple of ways you could go about it:

First is to use a timed rule with a short interval that updates the sgroup with all of the player's current squads. This is the costly option, but probably least amount of effort.

Otherwise, you could try GE_BuildItemComplete, which would give you the blueprint of the built squad. You would probably need to store all of a player's squads in one sgroup. Then, when the event is fired, store all the player's squads at the time of the event and get the difference - that should give you the produced squad.

Either way, it's messy.
10 Apr 2018, 20:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It seems I completely forgot about the attrib side of things being quite useful.

I think I might have figured out a less costly solution for this single mission. It relies nearly completely on custom units and attribs tuned for it, thus I can make it so the custom call-in abilities trigger a script that updates the player(s) units.

Edit: Well that works quite good actually. Its good to know attribute entries can also activate map-specific scripts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★