Login

russian armor

Coming back after 2 months

4 Apr 2018, 22:45 PM

Sup fellas

2 months ago my GPU died and I've finally managed to replaced it with a better one.

So, I'm now getting my ass handed by OKW really hard in 2v2. I feel compleately overpowered by OKW in the early game.

I can't rush houses because i'm going to run into strums that will evict my poor mosin whielding engeneers and will be able to run down my cons if the engagement starts from any other condition than cons firing from cover at max range. Losing key houses usually means losing your cutoff or your fuel and its gonna get worse from there.

Losing momentum against okw means you will have to face them on their terms, as they will be able to advance against you while you can't attack them without running into Mg34 or the new flaktrack. Losing momentum also means not being able to secure resources, leaving you with subpar support weapons to hold on and relying on mistakes from your opponent to make any progress (wipes or destroying a vehicle). Worst case they will go defensive and build bunkers on more linear maps

This situation snowballs until i'm trapped inside my base and my team mate its left alone against 2 players.

I'm trying to find ways to solve this issue. I've read that against okw my current build (cons>cons>maxim>maxim) its ineffective because cons lack the muscle to fight okw units early on and that penals builds or penals mixed in with cons are efficient dealing with early okw agression.

Fallshirmjaggers, my nemesis

A paradigmatic defeat
4 Apr 2018, 22:52 PM

Sup fellas

2 months ago my GPU died and I've finally managed to replaced it with a better one.

So, I'm now getting my ass handed by OKW really hard in 2v2. I feel compleately overpowered by OKW in the early game.

I can't rush houses because i'm going to run into strums that will evict my poor mosin whielding engeneers and will be able to run down my cons if the engagement starts from any other condition than cons firing from cover at max range. Losing key houses usually means losing your cutoff or your fuel and its gonna get worse from there.

Losing momentum against okw means you will have to face them on their terms, as they will be able to advance against you while you can't attack them without running into Mg34 or the new flaktrack. Losing momentum also means not being able to secure resources, leaving you with subpar support weapons to hold on and relying on mistakes from your opponent to make any progress (wipes or destroying a vehicle). Worst case they will go defensive and build bunkers on more linear maps

This situation snowballs until i'm trapped inside my base and my team mate its left alone against 2 players.

I'm trying to find ways to solve this issue. I've read that against okw my current build (cons>cons>maxim>maxim) its ineffective because cons lack the muscle to fight okw units early on and that penals builds or penals mixed in with cons are efficient dealing with early okw agression.

Sorry but this wall of text is not very useful if you search for advice. You should upload a replay of a game where you struggled vs OKW :)
4 Apr 2018, 23:19 PM

5 Apr 2018, 15:47 PM

Fallshirmjaggers, my nemesis

In this replay you did a good job initially pushing off the volks and spios but then followed that up immediately with a 700mp float that crippled you for the rest of the game. You had enough MP and fuel to build a SU76 at 11 minutes (something which you have a bulletin for) but skipped that tier completely when you knew the enemy team had a fuel advantage since they had not put out a light vehicle. That map is not the best for shocks as it has a lot of open ground. Guards and AT guns with SU76 (free barrage vs the zis) would have been a better choice overall in this situation IMO. Also sticky nades.

A paradigmatic defeat

In this replay you start by fighting a spio in a building loosing 2 models. You take the far green cover which is good but better is avoiding them completely. In fighting him there you were fighting on his terms. I assume your teammate is a friend so I hope you let him know the Wehr player had sent his MG to the OKW side. With that in mind the two of you could have doubled up on the north fuel to make sure it didn't get lost. You did a better job this time recognizing the need for sticky nades early but lost both upgraded engi squads by being too hyperfocused on the flak truck. You didnt need to focus on it after the nade was thrown since there was nothing else you could do to it. And once agian I see you floating 700mp 850MP! After 11 minutes i dont think you were floating less than 500mp. Hit a mine? Immediately pull the tank out and start moving AT assets to cover hte tanks retreat.

Something else you could have done is use inf and an AT wall to stall for a KV1.

Ultimately your main problem you need to work on is floating MP. Address this and unit preservation and you will see yourself doing better in game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★