Login

russian armor

COH2 STREAMER ETIQUETTE

• This thread is locked
5 Apr 2018, 01:57 AM
Donator 11

I hope the CoH2 community can let this issue calm down for a hot second as both sides seem heated on the issue. Hope A_E and Hanz can work things out.

A_E
5 Apr 2018, 07:20 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I hope the CoH2 community can let this issue calm down for a hot second as both sides seem heated on the issue. Hope A_E and Hanz can work things out.

Why me, there's like 5 other people at least that had an issue!
5 Apr 2018, 14:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

After recently witnessing a similar snafu occur in the dota2 community, I can tell you with quite some certainty that the only entity that has any IP property claims here is Relic Entertainment/SEGA. Even ESL was rebuffed when they tried to shut down independent streamers of their million dollar dota2 tournaments because they simply don't own the rights to dota2, only Valve does. So only Valve could go to Twitch with DCMA claims. If a tournament organizer wants to disallow unaffiliated streamers, they need to make a deal with the publisher of the game. Just to be clear, I'm talking about people streaming from the game client, not restreaming a twitch stream (which is a clear breach of Twitch TOS). Restreaming another twitch stream is an obvious no-no -- anybody could and should report it to Twitch -- but for our sake, we can put that cut-and-dry aspect of this discussion to rest.

The community etiquette question is a whole other ball of wax and it's good that we're discussing it here. I'm a bit torn on this question as I've always believed that our game has a relatively small community, and basically you want to encourage anybody and everybody to stream it on any occasion, so the more the merrier. But of course you also don't want to step on the toes of those that are organizing these events, because they are putting in tons and tons of work and getting no concrete reward. That effort should be appreciated and a modicum of courtesy with them could go a long way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★