Login

russian armor

equiping priority with BARs

31 Mar 2018, 06:28 AM

Do you get double BARs on your highest vet rifle men first?

Or do you give every squad 1 bar first and then double slowly?

Anyone done the maths?
2 Apr 2018, 14:36 PM

Personally I just equip my riflemen as they retreat to reinforce once the weapon racks are unlocked.
2 Apr 2018, 18:10 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Put the 2x BARs on your lowest vet rifle first. That way they vet faster.
3 Apr 2018, 08:16 AM

A mix of all, I usually don't have enough munition to dual equip BARs when I unlock them, so first vet rifle squad get one BAR, then on retreat I equip my squads.

Unlike ShadowLink, I equip first my vetted squads and use unvet Rifle squad to cap or as meatshield (when needed) when I need to attack somewhere. They all get eventually vetted at some points anyway.

I'm not sure if dual equiping your best squad early has a huge impact in game, you rarely wipe anything with a single squad and if it get focused you'll have to retreat it anyway and you lose the DPS of both BARs. I guess the best dual equiped squad you can have early is your Lieutenant, an early vet3 lieutenant is a really good asset with his speed ability, you can use it to make faster flank and cap/decap lonely territories.
3 Apr 2018, 09:23 AM

Put the 2x BARs on your lowest vet rifle first. That way they vet faster.

Or it's the way you'll lose 120 muni to random mortar shell.

My amount of BARs depends on vet (more vet - more bars), how much muni I have and my plans for it (major recon/ary, time on target etc).
3 Apr 2018, 23:53 PM

I equip one BAR on each of my Rifle squads starting from highest veterancy to lowest. Once they all have one BAR then I'll start duel equipping. My line of thought is Rifles tend to lose against Volks and Gren get their upgrades and I always have rifles working in tandem together so it's helpful to have a BAR equip than having only M1 Garands.
13 Apr 2018, 11:52 AM

Do you get double BARs on your highest vet rifle men first?

Or do you give every squad 1 bar first and then double slowly?

Anyone done the maths?

At first, i equip all my Riflemen squads with one BAR, and they earn their veterancy. In case that they bring in vehicles, my riflemen can fend them off using the anti-tank grenade (unlocked at vet 1). Then i return to the base and equip them with bazookas, so they at 60% anti tank and 40% anti infantry. Rear echelons are always equipped with double bazookas.
16 May 2018, 11:40 AM

I feel USF have been straying farther from the 4 rifle play, leaning more towards mortar play. So a double bar rifle can keep it alive much more easily and with less bleed?
17 May 2018, 16:44 PM

1 per squads, vet2 Rifle squads get priority, Vet3 Rifles get the 2nd one.
28 Jun 2018, 03:57 AM

I use Rifle Company and equip my REs with 1 bar and 1 flamethrower each. Then equip Riflemen with 1 BAR each then double BAR the Riflemen. REs seem to benefit more from weapon upgrades and when they get to vet 3 they're a surprisingly good for how cheap they are.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★