Login

russian armor

Help with creating AEF Mortar Emplacement.

25 Mar 2018, 13:41 PM

I need to draw on yall's expertise again.
I'm looking to put a 81mm mortar into a fighting nest for the AEF.

Now I've already copied over the British 2 squad 3in mortar nest, but I don't really like it as it's slow to shoot, sometimes doesn't even shoot, and it takes up to much room.

I saw in some mod someone put an a small AT gun in a fighting nest, so I imagine putting a mortar in one is possible with current tools.

Now I've tried pointing the blueprint for the 3in to the fighting nest, the fighting nest builds but no mortar, but abilities show up.

I also made a squad with a loadout pointing to the fighting nest and 81mm mortar with zero results.

Could I get some help in what I need to clone, edit to get this to work.
Also, just like the Brit 3in, I don't want the crew killable, the whole emplacement must be destroyed.
30 Mar 2018, 22:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just add "hold_mortar" to "acceptable_types" in the fighting pit entity's hold_ext and you can garrison a mortar in there. You might also wanna set "enable_trigger_attack_in_hold" to True!
31 Mar 2018, 14:02 PM

Thanks Planet Smasher, but I think I remember reading that it doesn't work. Something about changing the mortar weapon somehow.
To be sure I cloned the fighting pit, added mortar (and mg team), enabled attack in hold, and tried it.
I was able to garrison the MG team, but not the mortar, although I was testing the russian 120mm one, not any aef 60 or 81mm ones.

The reason I would like an emplacement is to make the whole thing have to be destroyed instead of just the team. Cause as I tested this and put in the brit 30 cal team, the germans threw one grenade in to the foxhole and boom, all dead.

Oh! maybe I can clone the MG upgrade ability and have THAT add a mortar team. Because with the upgrade, the enemy has to destroy the entire nest to kill the MG unit "inside". But again I may run into the mortar weapon issue that I don't remember for sure what has to be edited to allow it into the nest.
3 Apr 2018, 23:15 PM

Well I can't seam to figure that out.
Looks like the crew is in the nest "crew_ext", but the gun is in the upgrade "m2hb_50cal_fighting_position_mp", But also has some "add_crew_action" of gunner.
So I'm not sure how to change that all to a mortar.

On a side note, anyone know how to make the garasonable squad immune to damage if in the nest? That way the nest would have to be destroyed. I've glanced over the health modifiers, but don't see one that does invulnerable, or when garrisoned.

5 Apr 2018, 14:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Anything that is in the crew_ext is purely cosmetical. It cannot do or take damage, move or die. The MG is part of (or attached to) the fighting position model and you can not change that to a mortar unless it was intended this way by Relic.

Try garrisoning the US mortar squad in there with the changes I described before, I'm 99% sure that should be possible. I'm away from my PC for the rest of the week, but if you can wait for a couple of days I'll fire up the mod tools and see what I can do.
5 Apr 2018, 23:21 PM

K so I tried the 81mm mortar, and it did go "in" to the fighting nest, but unfortunately only 2 of the 4 guys showed up and there was no gun either.
Planet Smasher, do you have any idea how to make garrisoned squads invincible when they go into the nest?
I think I could add a condition on garrison to be invincible, or at least a ton of HP and armor, but I'd have to edit each squad.

Rather the building apply it to the garrisoned squad.
N/A
6 Apr 2018, 12:33 PM

ebps\races\aef\buildings\defensive_structures\fighting_position\fighting_position_mp\hold_ext\despawn_on_load, False => True

garrisoned squads Invulnerable in hold
6 Apr 2018, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2018, 12:33 PMN/A
ebps\races\aef\buildings\defensive_structures\fighting_position\fighting_position_mp\hold_ext\despawn_on_load, False => True

garrisoned squads Invulnerable in hold

Freaking awesome!
Duh on my part, it even says "this variable has wrong name, need to be renamed to Invulnerable in hold." Nice easy toggle, so sweet, looking forward to playing with that on.

Now to just get the mortars to show up and work while in the nest.

N/A
6 Apr 2018, 17:14 PM

If only garrisoned mortar squads, you can try

ebps\races\german\buildings\defensive_structure\slit_trench_german_mp
or
ebps\races\british\buildings\defensive_structures\slit_trench_mp

(entity_blueprint_ext\animator\armies\soviet\structures\mortar_emplacement\mortar_emplacement)
7 Apr 2018, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2018, 17:14 PMN/A
If only garrisoned mortar squads, you can try

ebps\races\german\buildings\defensive_structure\slit_trench_german_mp
or
ebps\races\british\buildings\defensive_structures\slit_trench_mp

(entity_blueprint_ext\animator\armies\soviet\structures\mortar_emplacement\mortar_emplacement)

Wow, those trenches are perfect for mortars. Even has a little hole in the netting for it.
That blueprint and invincible garrison (until destroyed) is working perfect.
The AEF 81mm works fine, the 120mm Russian will not go in there, and I haven't tried the 60mm.
A different way of going about what I wanted but very pleased.

Thanks you guys for your assistance!
N/A
8 Apr 2018, 02:47 AM

ebps\races\soviet\team_weapons\hm-120_38_mortar_mp\holdable_ext\holdable,
hold_large_gun => hold_mortar

but garrisoned 120mm mortar squads not track horizontal anim.
10 Apr 2018, 22:39 PM

I got to say thanks again, this is working really well.
The AI does get confused a bit and seams to "give up" in some games, but over all they just build a lot of those Brummbärs and the other really big Brummbär.

Playing vs the Russians though causes no issues.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★