Login

russian armor

Super-slow PCs (pls fix this in CoH3)

16 Mar 2018, 16:47 PM

I am pretty sure most of you encountered this already: Someone in the load screen is using a PC built in 1995, and needs 5-10 minutes to load the match. I am not even over-exaggerating here, I have seen people who need 10 minutes to load a match.

This is what happens next in 80% of the cases, once the slow loader finished loading: everybody in the lobby gets kicked after 1 minute of freeze because the potato PC of that one guy was out of sync and could not "catch up" to the other players. Now it's a 50/50 chance which side will get the win and which one the loss.

Once I lost a +47 team of 2 allies win streak in 2v2 vs a rank 1000 player cuz of this frustrating pudding :guyokay:

The most important question is ofc how something like that is even possible in a multiplayer game. That all players get punished for bad equipment of another player. And how are these people even able to start the game without a windows/steam alert message that notifies them that their PC specs are too low?

I am not expecting this to get fixed in CoH2, but please RELIC, I would appreciate if this issue would not show up in a potential CoH3. thx :)

16 Mar 2018, 18:15 PM

I am pretty sure most of you encountered this already: Someone in the load screen is using a PC built in 1995, and needs 5-10 minutes to load the match. I am not even over-exaggerating here, I have seen people who need 10 minutes to load a match.

This issue sucks. But what is the answer? The variable is people with laptops. Laptops have very slow hard drives and if the person has low RAM it will add even longer load times. But once the game is up and running these people may play fine.

1. Separate searches for potatoes and PCs? Then your rank is meaningless if better players are on potatoes.
2. Server side kick of slow loaders? This means Relic pisses off customers.
3. Call the game a draw or No contest. This makes some sense. But people could abuse it if they load into a better team. Just start a heavy HD process so your PC slows to a crawl.
4. Add more time to allow the sync? Maybe the best answer to keep the match valid is just wait longer? But the servers may get busy with a lot of empty "GHOST" matches waiting for them to timeout.
5. Roll the Bones and let the RNG gods figure it out? Oh right. That is the COH way :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
United Kingdom 27
Korea, Republic Of 8
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %