Login

russian armor

Unbiased Balance Proposals top 100 Both Factions

15 Aug 2013, 18:55 PM

Permanently Banned
The following addresses 1v1 Balance as I see it. I am top 100 in both factions and have played more games than most so with that being said...

SOVIET
T1: Reduce Penal Battalion Build Time 20%

T2: Reduce Maxim to 4 man, increase suppression. Increase fire rate of 83mm Mortar b/w current value and pre-nerf value (slight buff), increase penetration of Zis Field Gun

T3: Reduce cost of Halftrack quad 50 cal upgrade to 60 munitions. Reduce T-34 max ram distance 5%-10%, but increase it's penetration/damage slightly

T4: Reduce Barrage cool down 15% and increase rotation rate 10% of Su-76 Also Increase it's Vet 0 damage and reduce it's Vet 2 damage slightly in both directions so that it's total Vet2 damage remains unchanged but it has a little more punch initially.
Increase cost of Su-85 slightly, make Focused Site a Vet 1 ability unlock, reduce reverse speed and acceleration

Commanders/Call-ins:
Increase Cost of Guards Rifle to 400 and reduce cost of Shock Troops to 420 Manpower each but maintain current reinforce costs. Reduce Shock troop upkeep to equal that of Guards Rifle.
120mm Mortar : slight buff to barrage fire rate
IS-2: Increase turret rotation speed 15%, increase speed slightly
Decrease IL-2 Sturm Attacks from 240 to 200 munitions.
Increase Conscript repair to be equal to that of engineers w/ Conscript repair unlock
slight buff to 152mm arty

GERMAN
T1:MG42: Reduce to 3 man. Sniper: Give Vet 1 ability as Default ability, provide health bonus at Vet1 or vice versa

T2: PAK: Increase penetration slightly Halftrack: Reduce Vet 2 durability bonus slightly Scout Car: Reduce 20mm upgrade to 40 munitions

T3: Stug: Increase Range = to that of Su-85 and increase sight radius slightly

T4: Nebel: Increase Accuracy of barrage. Brumbar: Decrease Manpower cost by 100
Panther: Increase speed and anti-tank damage slightly

Commanders/Call ins:
Hull Down: Also grants immunity to Ram
Riegel: Decrease Cost -15 munitions
Smoke Bombs: Increase speed at which ability activates
Railway Arty: Decrease time duration b/w 3 shots
Strafing Run: Increase cost to 140 munitions
Tiger: Further Increase anti-infantry capability slightly

GENERAL:

Decrease Barbed Wire build time by 33%
Replace S-mine Field with 25 munitions Anti-infantry mine that can do slight damage to M3 but will activate doing no damage to any other Vehicles.
Decrease build time of all mines 33%

MAIN ISSUES WITH GAME AT THE MOMENT:

Soviets NEED Guards Rifle (making all Shock Troop Commanders worthless and making most Soviet play atm very stale and cookie cutter)(this stems from fact that blizzards, true site, slow mine build time, and actual stats of anti-tank guns make them mostly worthless)

Germans Have NO COUNTER to Soviet SNIPER when combined with Guards (counter scout car) then Su-85 (countering tanks)) since German Sniper cannot counter snipe until it is Vet 1. As it stands Germans must soft counter with halftrack/mortar/arty and hope they get LUCKY

15 Aug 2013, 21:08 PM

I think both the Tiger, IS-2, ISU-152 and the Elephant should be one on the field. as the King Tiger as COH. if it's destroy You can re-order.
or possibly increase the cost of the tiger on the IS-2.
and only one Panzershrecks to Panzergrenadiers.

If German weapons are better than their cost of production and manufacturing time is increase.

it's my opinion.
16 Aug 2013, 00:00 AM

My Soviet suck like fuck, instant quit while getting map which suck, but still top 100, top 100 in COH2 means nothing :/
16 Aug 2013, 00:20 AM

"Decrease Barbed Wire build time by 33% " it takes like 3 seconds per wire to be made
16 Aug 2013, 01:36 AM

Stuka Close Air Support needs to be buffed.

Also, I'd say increase range of tanks overall to encourage combined arms. Buff IS2 and Tiger by increasing damage delivered by main guns.
16 Aug 2013, 01:51 AM

I see it didnt take long for people to start flaunting their player rank lol....
16 Aug 2013, 02:00 AM

@OP I think most/all of the changes are reasonable, and probably there are some units you forgot about.

The overall Situation is another thing, it's not easy to predict the impact from so many changes at the same time.

@VonMecha: Actually I think it is valuable to know that first he plays both factions(on the other hand you could have known that from the not onesided changes he proposes) and secondly, that he has played a good amount of games, against half-decent players.
P.S. Furthermore its nice to know which mode we are talking (1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4).
16 Aug 2013, 03:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Quite Sov favored proposal imo. Will elaborate later, point for point.

@Lichbringer: He says in first sentence, 1v1.
16 Aug 2013, 04:22 AM

i want coh1 wire build time back
16 Aug 2013, 05:18 AM

i want coh1 wire build time back

Ghost wiring can help, you need high amp through
16 Aug 2013, 05:39 AM

don't encourage exploiting a bug :/

I don't have a problem with buffs to Soviets so long as SU85 is addressed and possibly snipers too, because Germans are superior in almost every other aspect.
16 Aug 2013, 06:51 AM

Why buff 120mm mortar? It's already nearly x2 range of German mortar (almost completely making it useless) and spammable enough, don't need to further improve it's efficiency.
16 Aug 2013, 07:04 AM

Permanently Banned
"Decrease Barbed Wire build time by 33% " it takes like 3 seconds per wire to be made

You never played COH 1. But to elaborate, Wire has a very short shelf life in COH2 due to fast T1/T2 vehicles. To compensate, faster wire time would make using wire in first 5 minutes of game actually tactically viable.
16 Aug 2013, 07:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Why buff 120mm mortar? It's already nearly x2 range of German mortar (almost completely making it useless) and spammable enough, don't need to further improve it's efficiency.

It's a small buff, and only to the barrage which is underwhelming at the moment.
16 Aug 2013, 07:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2013, 03:54 AMNullist
Quite Sov favored proposal imo. Will elaborate later, point for point.

@Lichbringer: He says in first sentence, 1v1.

I know it might seem that way, but really the Soviet buffs are more to encourage different play styles that are currently just not viable in high level games (Shock troops, Penal Battalions, Su-76, etc.) I feel unless there is a slight nerf to the Vet 2 damage reduction of the Halftrack Soviets will NEVER be able to get by NOT using Guards. Likewise with the Germans, German T4 is also just not viable due to very high costs and only marginal offensive improvements over T3.

I also wanted to keep the changes in the realm of actual possibility. Honestly I think a more radical re-organization of Soviet Tiers would really be the best solution. Namely,
T1 : unchanged T2 : Maxim, Mortar, Halftrack, Zis T3 : T-70, T-34, Su-76
T4 : Su-85, Kat., KV-8

All Shock doctrines w/ KV-8 should get some sort of Conscript buff instead (PPSH, HTD, repair). This would further encourage Shock Troop Commander play vs current Guard Rifle Spam.
Guards Rifle Combined arms should have HTD removed and replaced with another ability. If you want HTD + PPSH you should pay the penalty of no Elite Infantry Call-ins and forced to use Conscript Commander. There is a reason 90% of tournament play uses that GRCA Commander - it's too good atm.
16 Aug 2013, 07:22 AM

disagree on the 120mm mortar buff..
how about the T34/76?
16 Aug 2013, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2013, 07:22 AMakula
how about the T34/76?

t34 will be buffed on the incoming patch
16 Aug 2013, 09:18 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2013, 07:22 AMakula
how about the T34/76?

T-34 needs a minor reduction in Max Ram Range and a buff to anti-vehicle damage. Max range reduction is so ram ability scales with the reduced range of Fuast/antitank nades.
16 Aug 2013, 09:25 AM

Buffing 120mm mortar (even slightly) is the worst possible idea. In 1v1 this mortar maybe OK, but in team games it has no counter until/if ever Panzerwerfer is built. 2+ of those mortars (very common even in 2v2) can lock down huge area.
16 Aug 2013, 09:42 AM

Permanently Banned
Cant buff T34 AV without nerfing its very powerful AI, imo. I think people have forgotten how good its AI is in all the recent SU85 spamming.

Protip: Attack Ground with SU76 during Barrage cooldown. Reducing the Barrage time would further worsen the indirect fire option disparity between the factions.

Mortars, both 82mm and 120mm are both fine. Infact I think the 120mm needs some AoE reduction on account of its range and dmg.

HTs die from AT nade and some small arms. Guard are not necessary vs HTs. ACs, perhaps, but not HTs. The HTs vet 2 is fine, especially consdering that M5 has 3x the frontal armor for exactly the same price. Id argue that HT is so far the unit that has received most nerfs, it does not require anymore.

Your proposal does very little for Ost T4, and does not offer the diversity and incentive to use unpopular units such as Stug, though that is your incentive for Sov changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 87
South Africa 0
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %