Login

russian armor

Changing Entity UI "Screen Name" w/ Scar?

9 Mar 2018, 22:20 PM

Hi Modding Community,

I was wondering if their was a way to modify a unit's display name at the start of a round using Scar. I'm making an "assassinate" win condition where each team has a field commander, and I want the names to be random names of actual commanders.

Right now it's looking like the only way I'll be able to accomplish this is to create identical blueprints using different UI data in the attribute editor and randomly select one of those blueprints. I was wondering if there was an easier way that would just allow me to do this on game start.

Thanks for your time.
9 Mar 2018, 23:11 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, you could try using random upgrades in the attrib editor to do that. Thats how I gave some units unique vet names.

As far as I know, there's no function to rename a squad through Scar. You would have to apply a upgrade to do that.

Also, I remember the "Assassinate" concept being used before in a custom Normandy mission for coh1. Maybe you could take some cues from that?
10 Mar 2018, 03:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2018, 23:11 PMLugie
Well, you could try using random upgrades in the attrib editor to do that. Thats how I gave some units unique vet names.

As far as I know, there's no function to rename a squad through Scar. You would have to apply a upgrade to do that.

Also, I remember the "Assassinate" concept being used before in a custom Normandy mission for coh1. Maybe you could take some cues from that?

Oh interesting, I have the game sitting in my Steam library... I'll take a look. Thanks for the hint! Also the upgrades are not a bad idea either.
10 Mar 2018, 03:41 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Oh interesting, I have the game sitting in my Steam library... I'll take a look. Thanks for the hint! Also the upgrades are not a bad idea either.

You can find a version of that map in the Europe at War mod. The vanilla version is on moddb I think.
10 Mar 2018, 16:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

As Lugie said, the only way is with upgrades, but you can add those via SCAR to achieve your goal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★