Login

russian armor

COH 2 & DOW III Live Producer Matt Kernachan left Relic

21 Feb 2018, 18:38 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-kernachan-15121b3/
Relic veteran Matt Kernachan left Relic to working at BBI as Senior Producer. He was take the lead role to live producing and managment of COH 2 and DOW III. Previously he was DevTest Manager for all relic games since DOW: Winter Assault.
Another Relic veteran left studio and aoe 4 development. Well, WTF happened at relic, that so many veterans left studio in such short time?
21 Feb 2018, 20:41 PM

Don't seaman say; if you are below deck and need to get out during sinking, follow the rats?

Well, the rats (figuratively speaking) are leaving. Ship is going down man!
21 Feb 2018, 21:25 PM

I'll let you on a lil secret:

Producer does not matter as much as you believe, lead game design it tad more important.

Producer is "only" a yes/no guy, lead GD is the guy that gets all the ideas and refines them.

Its not really worth panicking when producers leave, because their importance drops exponentially once the project is released, unless the project is MMO or F2P title.
21 Feb 2018, 21:34 PM

Don't seaman say; if you are below deck and need to get out during sinking, follow the rats?

Well, the rats (figuratively speaking) are leaving. Ship is going down man!

I wouldn't say the Relics going under yet, its not rare to see studios add/drop people after a not so well received game.

And well I'd say DoW3 was a little more than "not well received"
22 Feb 2018, 03:08 AM

I mean I have tears in my eyes reading about CoH's development and seeing concept art again and reading about the possible Italian front expansion which was skipped in favor of CoH Online.

But then remember that those aren't the same people that made that great game a long time ago and I quit giving a shit about the same team that stopped giving a shit about it's fan base and went in all just for the money.
22 Feb 2018, 03:41 AM
Patrion 310

Thanks for the info Valeran.

Relic Entertainment's Justin Dowdeswell on regaining stability after THQ's collapse, and the imminent launch of Dawn of War III
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-12-sega-had-a-plan-to-quietly-become-a-powerhouse-in-pc-publishing
"Sega has put a lot of trust and even expectation on the studios to define its future, to plot that course. That gave us the freedom and flexibility we really needed to bring Relic back."

As one Homeworld/sci-fi fan, I'm happy the BBI guys are doing well with the Unity game engine. Sega-owned studio Amplitude is using Unity as well;

Showcasing the capabilities of Unity 2018;

BBI Project Eagle Trailer In collaboration with NASA (using Unity);

BBI CEO Rob Cunningham 9:50 from The DICE 2017 Summit
In collaboration with NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Project Eagle is Blackbird Interactive's artistic vision of what a future base on Mars might look like. Following in the footsteps of legendary space artist Chesley Bonestell, we hope to inspire new generations to dream of human settlement beyond planet Earth and support the exploration and colonization of our solar system.

The interactive demonstration will be presented live on stage by JPL’s Dr. Jeff Norris, at the 2017 D.I.C.E. Summit on Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017. Jeff will be joined on stage by BBI CEO Rob Cunningham and CCO Aaron Kambeitz.

22 Feb 2018, 06:16 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2018, 21:25 PMKatitof
I'll let you on a lil secret:

Producer does not matter as much as you believe, lead game design it tad more important.
Flashback;
https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-johnson-9026152/
CoH1 producer John Johnson leave Relic to form his own studio Smoking Gun along with other Relic vets
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/106407/QA_John_Johnson_Talks_Smoking_Gun.php

John Johnson (now creative director/CEO) and the former CoH1 vets are one of the reasons Relic got to work on the AoE IP (including mobile). There is a lot of higher-ups and Relic vets interconnected with this studio Smoking Gun. So stay tuned for upcoming news from Sega/MS.

Good producers are what Nick Fury is to the Avengers.
22 Feb 2018, 08:04 AM

Didn't you guys hear?

Iron Harvest is probably going to be the non-official CoH predecessor.
23 Feb 2018, 18:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Didn't you guys hear?

Iron Harvest is probably going to be the non-official CoH predecessor.

Are we travelling in time warp here? :unsure: Or do you mean successor? ;)
23 Feb 2018, 23:43 PM

Are we travelling in time warp here? :unsure: Or do you mean successor? ;)

My English was on vacation at that time in Buenos Aires.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★