Login

russian armor

Bulletins that need adjustment

8 Feb 2018, 11:36 AM

With the recent changes there are some bulletins that need to changed.

Ostheer:
Shoot for the stars
"The Artillery Field Officer increases the range of all nearby artillery by 8%."

Since this ability targets only "assault_officer_victor_target" and according to patch notes:

"Coordinated Barrage causes on-map artillery to fire at the target location regardless of range."

The bulletin needs to change.

Soviets:
"Spray and Pray"
The M1910 Maxim Heavy Machine Gun deals 5% increased suppression.

Since according to patch notes:

Machine Gun Suppression Intel Bulletin
* Suppression bonus reduced from +5% to +1%

Either the description or the affect need to change. Actually instead of adding 1% suppression which is rather pointless another affect like reload should become available.
8 Feb 2018, 11:41 AM

Bulletins were never meant to do anything if a bulletin does anything to unit function it is clearly over performing and should be toned down (eg DBP Maxim and hmg bulletins)
8 Feb 2018, 11:45 AM

Bulletins were never meant to do anything if a bulletin does anything to unit function it is clearly over performing and should be toned down (eg DBP Maxim and hmg bulletins)

The in-game description remain 5% suppression. I have not checked if the change has taken place or not but either the description or the patch notes are wrong.

It should be fixed, plain and simple.
8 Feb 2018, 12:02 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Are bulletins even affecting the game right now? They always seemed pretty lackluster to me
8 Feb 2018, 12:23 PM

Are bulletins even affecting the game right now? They always seemed pretty lackluster to me

Some of them have an impact but that is not the point.

"Shooting for the stars" is misleading since it indicates it increase range while after the patch probably it has no affect at all, while "Spray and Pray" was supposed to be nerfed in the patch and it either did not get nerfed or the description is again misleading. In any case both of them need fixing.

I can add a long list of bulletin that are quite pointless but that is a different issue ("Search & No Rescue!"251/20 Infrared Halftracks build 10% faster, "The Harder You'll Fall!" The "Jagdtiger" Panzerjager Tiger Ausf. B dispatch ability recharges 10% faster.).
8 Feb 2018, 14:23 PM
Donator 11

where you playing the game in the early days of coh2?
because then some bulletins were massively overpowered:
Link
8 Feb 2018, 15:16 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

where you playing the game in the early days of coh2?
because then some bulletins were massively overpowered:
Link

I still know these days that's mainly why I was asking the question ^^ Man these were some fucked up times indeed
8 Feb 2018, 18:27 PM

The only bulletins I even vaguely use are the ones that buff mainline infantry or ones that reduce muni cost by like 2-3 for mines (at least I can see the effect of these). Not that it matters, really, but for many --
getting 2% faster cooldown between shots or 3% faster rotation just seems so absolutely useless that I wonder why one would even bother. I mean, if it takes 1.3 seconds to do a full rotation on an AT gun, does it even matter if it now takes 0.04 seconds less time?

I mean, the values used for those characteristics seem to be decimal points the majority of the time (maxim suppression is like.0006 or something) so how much of an effect can 1~5% even have? Unless ofc the description is completely misleading and the bulletins add/multiply in a weird way (like each individual shot having a 1~5% chance to suppress).

I do agree about the maxim suppression one though (fixing the description or confirming that the patch didn't change it).

EDIT: Biggest use of bulletins to me so far has been seeing what my opponents plan to use, particularly those axis players who stack 3 'tiger' bulletins.
8 Feb 2018, 19:48 PM

lelic should really add 10% faster jagdtiger dispatch time again
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight