Login

russian armor

Panther

21 Mar 2018, 20:07 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Mar 2018, 18:30 PMsinthe

the Rof buff was for the main gun. It's now more vulnerable to handheld AT and therefore less effective against infantry.

It only lost its vet2 armour buff. It's normal armour is still the same and it is more than enough against handheld weapons. With better gun it actually has a chance to reach its veterancy now, even if the modifier list doesn't mention armour buffs. Still, you are not and were never supposed to fight AT infantry with panthers, although it can kill AI infantry quite quickly.

The changes that were applied to panther are actually a huge buff. One of the most important ones, that is often forgotten, is lowering the spread of reload times from 0.9 to 0.4, which means it is finally easy to use stop micro with panther, as you don't have to guess the moment it will shoot. That 0.5 of second is enough to let you shoot on the move with all benefits of standing unit, without having to gain all your speed again after the shot.
22 Mar 2018, 08:00 AM

If you won early and middle game, you can build a panther and secure the game.
I usually get to build it at the time the tiger unlocks and those 2 crush everything together.

And you have the fuel for that? meaning you didn´t build any vehicule before panther and tiger, still you dominated the early/mid game and your opponent isn't building any ATgun.

Personaly if I see my opponent dominating me rushing for a panther, my first thought is "Well I can comeback now he spend his fuel on a panther while I don't have any tank on the field", build 2 ATgun and mass infantry.
23 Mar 2018, 22:31 PM

It only lost its vet2 armour buff.

And had it's pop increased and combat blitz was nerfed and moving scatter was increased and moving accuracy was decreased and vet 4 range bonus was removed and sight bonus is now restricted to being stationary. Yeah it only lost vet 2 armour.
24 Mar 2018, 00:09 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2018, 22:31 PMsinthe

And had it's pop increased and combat blitz was nerfed and moving scatter was increased and moving accuracy was decreased and vet 4 range bonus was removed and sight bonus is now restricted to being stationary. Yeah it only lost vet 2 armour.

Wait, what kind of vet4? Are we still in ostheer subforum?
25 Mar 2018, 00:55 AM

Wait, what kind of vet4? Are we still in ostheer subforum?

True. I confused the sections. Still a pop increase is a nerf.
25 Mar 2018, 02:07 AM

Panther is very effective at soloing tanks and rushing them. Panther wins versus Jackson 1v1. Jackson only wins if you can kite for a while ... and many good axis players seem to be getting command tank. Yesterday I played against talisman and hooligan and they had Panthers and command tank late game. Since my partner and I (who had 3 Jacksons could never kill any Panthers, I did some math. If you look at the Penetration chance of Jackson at long range against a panther who had command auto buff, it will take on every 11 shots fired in order to land the 7 shots required to kill the panther. Meanwhile the panther needs to only hit 4 shots to kill. So I believe it comes down to micro. Panther is a fanstistic tank for battling tanks.
25 Mar 2018, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 02:07 AMNosliw
snip

I think you math is off. A Jackson should penetrate 80% of the time at long and I don't think that the command tank grants armour.

25 Mar 2018, 20:04 PM

Did you check if I'm wrong or are you just saying? Jackson Penetration at long range is 220. 220/360 gives you Penetration chance. Command aura decreases received damage by 20%, giving panther effectively 1000 HP. Given Jackson's damage, you need 7 Penetration hits to kill the panther. Factoring in the penetration, you need 11 shots on average to have 7 that penetrate.
29 Mar 2018, 11:11 AM

OKW is not my forte this is for Wehrmacht
In 1v1 panther is weak you are 9 times out of 10 better off getting a panzer4 or stug as these come a lot earlier in the game and do the same function.
Should you need more at a pak will serve you fine.

This changes going in larger game modes. As your allies can cover you when you get to t4 and the panzer-werfer and brummbar are viable, t4 looks nicer to get. You will need a faster army to 2v1 players making paks less viable hence, making panthers better. If you want to drive or rush you will be a lot better off with recon so use infantry, spotting scopes or the overflight to spot for you else you are likely to get snared. The mistake players often make it to not have support for the panther, you need the rest of your army there to support.You can still use the panzer
4 in 4v4 tho. If your opponent has Jacksons or fireflies don't make panthers instead go for elephant or panzer werfers.
29 Mar 2018, 20:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 20:04 PMNosliw
snip

Panther armor is 320 btw
30 Mar 2018, 01:26 AM

Panther armor is 320 btw

When I made the calculation I used the correct value from the stats website. When I made the other post though I was on my phone on the toilet, so didn't double check. :romeoHairDay:
2 Apr 2018, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2018, 01:26 AMNosliw

When I made the calculation I used the correct value from the stats website. When I made the other post though I was on my phone on the toilet, so didn't double check. :romeoHairDay:

I misunderstood your original post. You made an excellent point and i'm going to test out the command tank to check if the panther his a better viability with it.
10 Apr 2018, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 02:07 AMNosliw
snip

Quick question, wouldn't a double stug plus command p4 be better instead of getting a panther?
10 Apr 2018, 15:17 PM

It should be given it costs about 125 more fuel.
10 Apr 2018, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 15:17 PMLago
It should be given it costs about 125 more fuel.

I think he was comparing 2 stugs and a command tank to 1 panther and a command tank.
10 Apr 2018, 15:57 PM

Quick question, wouldn't a double stug plus command p4 be better instead of getting a panther?

That's how I feel in a lot of games nowadays. The extra damage output from the 2nd StuG is really helpful. Plus the attack speed of a vetted StuG is just I N S A N E (-40% reload at vet-3) and can kill something like a Sherman in 5 seconds.
10 Apr 2018, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2018, 15:57 PMNosliw

That's how I feel in a lot of games nowadays. The extra damage output from the 2nd StuG is really helpful. Plus the attack speed of a vetted StuG is just I N S A N E (-40% reload at vet-3) and can kill something like a Sherman in 5 seconds.

Watching stugs in UTT was pretty nuts. They were shredding allied TDs in seconds before a lot of the players could react. Really made me rethink my ost gameplay
10 Apr 2018, 16:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Watching stugs in UTT was pretty nuts. They were shredding allied TDs in seconds before a lot of the players could react. Really made me rethink my ost gameplay

Did it help you improve your soviet gameplay by floating 1200 munitions? :snfPeter:
10 Apr 2018, 17:00 PM

Did it help you improve your soviet gameplay by floating 1200 munitions? :snfPeter:

Yes now I always float 1200 muni
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS