Login

russian armor

[1v1] Even #JacksonOP can't save me from Elite Cheese :(

27 Jan 2018, 15:51 PM

Oh my, I get so salty every time a Tiger ace turns around a game I felt I could win. This time, I'm asking the help of strategist to give me some tips on how to deal with a matchup against Elite Troops. In general terms, I theoretically know how to counter the TA: play defensively on two VPs, poke at it from a distance without taking too many losses, try and bleed your opponent's infantry and wait for the reduced income to take a toll on your opponent. this time though, everything sort of fell apart in an instant and couldn't really transition into a defensive approach to the game. It's not like I didn't prepare for an armored push, with a vetted AT gun, mines and a TD (albeit it being an M10 and not a Jackson). I know I committed some mistakes here and there, like for example my fist squad loss and the fuel cap was a bit delayed due to a wrong shift-queueing but really felt like I was in the commanding position until the TA hit the field.
27 Jan 2018, 19:12 PM

@4:00
You have been cut off from your fuel, pushed off the field, and won zero engagements.

@5:00
You've only begun to retake any of the field, having abandoned your cutoff territory entirely.

By seven minutes you've been cutoff again and lose a rifle squad.

From here on out you start to do alright. You wipe a gren, kill the halftrack, and prevent being cutoff yet again. Your Stuart pushes out cleanly. (Your opponent never built any AT until after your stuart.)

You even hold both fuels for a bit, but you let your opponent hold both fuels shortly thereafter.

I love the use of mines with your Assault Engies.

You really did have a pretty great midgame. But I have to say you had an absolutely disastrous opening. It gave your opponent enough momentum that you never really recovered from.

I would not have gone for a Bulldozer Sherman. It's been pretty nerfed and it wasn't going to help against the Tiger Ace. It's a great unit, but in this case it wasn't really worth the cost given how far behind on fuel you were.

Two Jacksons and a Scott would have served you very well. Far more than the M10 or Bulldozer ever could. The reason the M10 used to be useful was because it was cheap and durable with 560 health over the old Jackson's fragile 480 health. But the new Jacksons got the same 640 health as every medium tank so there's really little reason to opt for an M10 anymore.

While you were able to troll the face off of every non-Tiger Ace tank he had with bazookas, it could never seal the deal. Indirect fire on where (you think) the tank is being repaired afterward can sometimes be more valuable than killing the tank.

Recommend: Jacksons and Scotts over M10s and Dozers.

M10s would've been good if you were still struggling with the flame halftrack or your opponent went t4. But the thing with M10s is that it should never be one M10.

Sadly, Armor company was meta at the wrong time so it's kind of been brushed aside in favor of the new and shiny Recon and Mechanized commanders. Using one of those doctrines is probably a better choice nowadays.
27 Jan 2018, 20:55 PM

About the Jackson, now I see what you mean. Thought about the M10 being a bad purchase after the match was over, now I've learned a lesson. Even if Armor Company is not meta anymore, I still like it because I feel that like few others (e.g. Airborne, Heavy Cav) it fills the gaps left open by USF teching and/or design: flamers and mines feel so useful that I'd pick the commander even just for the assault engies. Tried using Mechanized a lot and Recon a bit less but I just don't feel they offer much that I would want from an USF commander and they seem to be somewhat gimmicky.

Thanks for spending your time on analyzing my replay, much appreciated! :thumbsup:

28 Jan 2018, 16:22 PM

No problem. Also, I think its in Mechanized that the halftrack is now crewed by an Assault Engineer squad. When you get the CPs to call it in, swap the crews with your starting REs.
28 Jan 2018, 19:08 PM

Yeah Elite is pretty prominent in cheesing USF these days very powerful and very hard for USF to fight..... It is what it is, You can beat it if you play better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★