Login

russian armor

Changes not saving / showing in game. Wrong "modified"date.

20 Jan 2018, 11:06 AM

I've had an odd problem with the Tools this morning.

For some reason I found that none of the changed in attribute editor where actually showing up in game after I rebuild. I renamed the British HQ "Pink Fluffy Unicorn Palace" .....for testing purposes of course and it's sitll the boring old "field headquarters"

I searched the forum for some reference and I found some old posts about things not writing the correct place.
As far as I can see; it's doing that fine and then copying to the mods/turning folder as intended.

I played around trying to work out the problem and discovered there was another...quirk going on.
When I load into COH2 the mod won't show at first. I wait 20 seconds or so and It will appear in the list.

I then discovered the "last modified date" was inconsistent. When I look in the mods/tuning folder I discover that the "last modified date" on the .sga file stats the 15th which is last time I did built the mod. The "last modified date" on the .sga file in the mod directory however says the 20th which is today.

I've tried manually copying the file from the mod directory to mods/tuning thus replacing the .sga file with the newer date. I'll load into the game, no mod shows. Wait 20 seconds and the .sga file once again shows the 15th and the mod shows up in the game.

I'm at a loss. It's almost like the game is loading from some backup somewhere but that doesn't make much sense to me.

It's worth noting this is only happening with one mod. I have a small test environment and that's working fine. It's just the main mod that's the issue.

20 Jan 2018, 11:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I had the same issue once. The build of the mod succeeds, but the game replaces the file with an older version. It happened to me when I tried to edit a .mua file, which was not supported. Have you edit a file other then .xml or .abp?
20 Jan 2018, 12:04 PM

Unless you count UI icons. No.

One thing I just remembered data had disappeared from the hierarchy in mod tools and I had to re-add a "new table of contents" /Data. and set the burn folder again.

As that in it's self is weird I'm guessing it could be related.
20 Jan 2018, 14:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Check your warnings.log for errors loading the SGA file. It is usually due to unsupported files.
20 Jan 2018, 17:13 PM
20 Jan 2018, 20:12 PM

Ok so I found the cause of the problem.

As data had disappeared from from the COH Mod Builder's file tree so gone was also the link to where the custom UI icons where saved. The mod uses custom icons and UI elements and without this link it couldn't load the mods .sga file in game.

I re-pointed COH Mod Builder to where the UI elements where saved via Templates / Add Icons.

Then had to remove the burn folder link to data and add a burn folder for the "art" sub folder instead
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 60
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %