Login

russian armor

Trigger commander ability global action?

17 Jan 2018, 15:16 PM

Essentially, I'm trying to have a reinforcement action call-in conscripts, a 30s delay and then the 'For mother Russia' ability trigger. For the delay actions I just copied the filter actions from the ability itself, but I think this causes a bugsplat..

17 Jan 2018, 15:21 PM

It might be trying to apply FMR onto the player rather than units. I don't know how FMR works exactly, but you may need to change the action's target for the delay.

Look at exactly how FMR triggers and how it is targeted. It may not act on the player level.

I'm just guessing from my phone.
17 Jan 2018, 15:43 PM

It might be trying to apply FMR onto the player rather than units. I don't know how FMR works exactly, but you may need to change the action's target for the delay.

Look at exactly how FMR triggers and how it is targeted. It may not act on the player level.

I'm just guessing from my phone.

Will I copied the filter_actions directly. Does it matter that they're being triggered in 'start_self_action' rather than 'start_target_action' ?
17 Jan 2018, 15:59 PM

It very well might. Since I don't know exactly how FMR works and I won't be able to check until tonight, I would wager that it is worth testing.

Look under FMR for how it triggers.

For example, I think it's the Hulldown ability for ostheer that is actually innate to their vehicles but it's unlocked when the commander with Hulldown is chosen.

There could be some similar trigger to FMR that requires the commander pick to work correctly. (Though in that case it shouldn't be crashing I don't think....)
18 Jan 2018, 00:57 AM

So upon further testing it appears to work correctly and it doesn't seem to matter which action slot is being triggered.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★