Login

russian armor

Introduction of the British Tanks

17 Jan 2018, 01:39 AM

In Company of Heroes 2, the British force has a lot of tanks to play with. Sometimes it creates confusion what tank to take for countering various German tanks.

British Tanks:
Cromwell
Firefly
Comet
Churchill
Crocodile Churchill
Valentine
Churchill AVRE

What are the best uses of these tanks? What are their pros and cons?
What British tanks are equivalent to Panzer 4, Panther, Tiger, King Tiger.
What tank can fight back against panther and tiger?
What are the best British armor tactics to fight against German armor?

Thanks! <444>3
17 Jan 2018, 03:05 AM

Cromwell = Panzer 4, but panzer 4 has more MG's while the cromwell is cheaper

Firefly = is a hard hitting tank sniper, similar to a stug, but the firefly is far more dangerous(yet is more expensive).

Comet = Panther, panther gets MG's while Comet gets some utility

Churchill = Tiger, Churchill is a less lethal tiger (has same gun as cromwell?) but fits a tanky role.

Valentine = No equal? I'd say killing power is similar to that of a stuart in USF. It's also more of a recon/maphack unit.

Churchill Avre = Stormtiger, Avre is a crappier version of it.

I'd have to make a seperate post of Pros and Cons. Firefly can snipe a panther and tiger, a comet can sorta duke it out but it has a higher chance of losing. Best armor tactics for British is combined tank arms of say a Comet/Firefly or Cromwell/firefly, or overwhelming numbers of cromwells. Something to duke it out and give sight while firefly lays on the pain is common.

If you try cromwell vs P4 or Comet vs Panther 1v1 it's a coin flip on who wins.
17 Jan 2018, 06:13 AM

In Company of Heroes 2, the British force has a lot of tanks to play with. Sometimes it creates confusion what tank to take for countering various German tanks.

British Tanks:
Cromwell
Firefly
Comet
Churchill
Crocodile Churchill
Valentine
Churchill AVRE

What are the best uses of these tanks? What are their pros and cons?
What British tanks are equivalent to Panzer 4, Panther, Tiger, King Tiger.
What tank can fight back against panther and tiger?
What are the best British armor tactics to fight against German armor?

Thanks! <444>3

Cromwell, mobile flanking tank, with less effective gun at longer ranges but good penetration chance at close.
firefly: hardcounter to heavy armor with powerful main gun, but average durability
Comet: cromwell with steroids
churchill: Moving stonewall with decent gun, best used to take damage for weaker tank behind
valentine: shitty stuart with ability to spot targets trough fow, but pretty useless in everything else (relic pls rework)
avre: "i have become death, destroyer of blobs and emplacements."
churchill croc: churchill with even more anti infantry capabilities.
17 Jan 2018, 07:04 AM

Churchill Avre = Stormtiger, Avre is a crappier version of it.

how can a tank without a turrent, can´t reload while moving better than a tank with turrent und reload on the move?

since patch the ST cannot shot above shotblocker,has less range, is slow, make less dmg and must back to base after the one shot to reloading.
17 Jan 2018, 16:16 PM

how can a tank without a turrent, can´t reload while moving better than a tank with turrent und reload on the move?

since patch the ST cannot shot above shotblocker,has less range, is slow, make less dmg and must back to base after the one shot to reloading.

As long as the Sturmtiger can shoot from the fog of war it has an advantage over the avre. On the flip side if it couldn't fire from fog it would be a crappier version of the avre for sure. Reloading on the move means jack shit if it can't hit anything.

@Inferno

Also you forgot the centuar which is an ostwind on steroids. Some people even deem it worthy to build over a cromwell.

For pros and cons

Cromwell =
Pros: Cheap, good at close range, has smoke.
Cons: No MG's, Misses a lot (Imo).

Firefly =
Pros: Long Range, High Damage, High Burst(with tulips), The best TD in the game (imo).
Cons: pricey and slow reload times.

Comet =
Pros: High Armor & Health matches that of a panther, get's damage smoke, gets crew grenade
Cons: No MG, slightly worse then a panther in a duel.

Churchill =
Pros: High health pool, can deploy a line of smoke, pretty hard to reliably kill.
Cons: Can feed veterancy, it's main gun is rather weak, long repair times, slow.

Crocodile =
Pros: High anti-infantry potential, high health pool, can still fight other tanks
Cons: It's slow, long repair times (Honestly probably has very few cons)

Valentine =
Pros: Has some Anti-infantry potential, can maphack to see opponent
Cons: Comes too late, is pretty expensive, scales really poorly.

Avre =
Pros: Good at killing static units, wipe potential, high health pool.
Cons: Reload times, telegraphs pretty hard, slow
18 Jan 2018, 06:52 AM

As long as the Sturmtiger can shoot from the fog of war it has an advantage over the avre. On the flip side if it couldn't fire from fog it would be a crappier version of the avre for sure. Reloading on the move means jack shit if it can't hit anything.

when iam not false...it has now less range than a jackson can look.

so no...it cant shot out from fow..only if the enemy dumb enough to not use recon or other spy units
18 Jan 2018, 12:07 PM

Sturmtiger
  • Damage = 580
  • Range = 40
  • Reload Time = 40 seconds

Churchill AVRE
  • Damage = 440
  • Range = 35

Please check the numbers before making false claims like that.
18 Jan 2018, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 12:07 PMLago

Sturmtiger
  • Damage = 580
  • Range = 40

Churchill AVRE
  • Damage = 440
  • Range = 35

Please check the numbers before making false claims like that.

which argue from me was wrong?
the thing with the dmg and range? it was nerfed since patch...it was not the argue that ST make less dmg as avre.

reading..and understanding.
18 Jan 2018, 13:36 PM

If you were comparing the DBP Sturmtiger to the pre-DBP Sturmtiger rather than to the DBP Churchill AVRE then I don't understand the relevance to the topic. The Sturmtiger's only relevant to British tanks as a benchmark to compare the AVRE against.
18 Jan 2018, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 13:36 PMLago
If you were comparing the DBP Sturmtiger to the pre-DBP Sturmtiger rather than to the DBP Churchill AVRE then I don't understand the relevance to the topic. The Sturmtiger's only relevant to British tanks as a benchmark to compare the AVRE against.

"Churchill Avre = Stormtiger, Avre is a crappier version of it. "

was the argue i think is false, because new ST is much weaker than before patch. thats what i said.
18 Jan 2018, 14:55 PM

The Sturmtiger deals about 20% more damage per shot and can fire into the fog of war whereas the AVRE costs slightly less and can reload on the move. That's about the extent of the tactically relevant differences.

I don't think a casemate AVRE would be much of a downgrade. If a Sturmtiger or AVRE wants to fire on something behind it it's probably overextended. The turret mount is nice to have but I don't think it makes that much of a difference to how the unit plays.

After the patch they're fairly similar units: if you swapped them over you wouldn't have to adapt your strategy that much.
18 Jan 2018, 15:06 PM

Churchill AVRE
The AVRE has been modified to be more durable against head-on attacks, but also more vulnerable to flanks, requires the tank to expose itself to fire its mortar, and with more down time between shots.

Cost from 600/140 to 540/160
Health from 1400 to 1080
Armor from 240 to 290
Rotation rate from 35 to 30
Projectile will now collide with any objects in its path; includes vehicles
Reload time from 30 to 40
Petard always penetrates and will stun tanks on hit
-------------

Sturmtiger
The Sturmtiger is being adjusted to better match its performance to its cost while making it more consistent.

Cost from 560/160 to 620/180
Damage from 640 to 580
Random criticals removed; now only stuns vehicles on hit
Can no longer fire through buildings; projectile will collide with large obstacles/vehicles
Range from 45 to 40
Reload from 50 to 40
Abandon chance during reload from 50% to 25%; abandon only occurs from ballistic weapons
Veterancy requirements reduced by 33%
Veterancy 1 NaHW Grenade far damage from 0.05 to 0.25; radius from 5 to 4.5; penetration from 23 to 15
------

Avre has bonus damage vs buildings.
18 Jan 2018, 16:22 PM

"Churchill Avre = Stormtiger, Avre is a crappier version of it. "

was the argue i think is false, because new ST is much weaker than before patch. thats what i said.

Avre has 35 range

ST has 40 range

Infantry have 35 sight range.

Point of a ST is to sneak up in FoW, fire at a squad capping a point, wipe it then retreat. Your opponent can see your unit while you cap a point but you can't see the ST if he plays it smart. Avre drives right up to a unit alerting them of it's presence. This is also in team games by the way where the ST can shine, no one uses these units in 1v1. Scouting can be far harder in team games due to the usual walls of defense. The existence of a ST also causes paranoia since the opposing player never knows if the ST is attempting to snipe a squad. Hence why the Avre is a crappier version of said ST. As I said, if the ST couldn't fire from fog it would be a crappier version of the Avre.
19 Jan 2018, 07:05 AM

Infantry have 35 sight range.

iam not really sure...but a vet IS seems has more view range...

19 Jan 2018, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 14:55 PMLago
The turret mount is nice to have but I don't think it makes that much of a difference to how the unit plays.

i dont know what do you play...but its a very huge difference between the ST without turrent und the avre with turrent to aim a target...the slow turning from ST make it very hard to destroy a target...while the AVRE is faster, turn faster and has a turrent, which make it much easier to aim the target,,,and its very much easier in urban/ town maps to use it..
19 Jan 2018, 09:11 AM

iam not really sure...but a vet IS seems has more view range...

Is gets more view with pyrotechnics and bonus view at vet 1 when in cover.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★